Since free college isn't free...what is wrong with actually paying it back?

why do the left wing regressives insist that college should be free...or rather, that the money for people's education should be extracted at gunpoint from other taxpayers....many of whom will not go to college?

Why don't they insist that those people attending college on the taxpayers expense, pay back the money they get......?

Why is that such a hard concept for bernie and hilary and the rest of the left wing regressives to get?

I'm sorry, guy, when was the last time the government extracted taxes from you at "gunpoint". I though with all your tiny-dicked whining about all the guns you own to protect yourself from Government tyranny, the IRS would have quite the mess on its hands when it came to collect your tax bill.

Reality. you probably submitted your 1040 before this weekend. Meekly. Without a fight.

But anyway.. College.

I'm not keen on the government paying for college. I think kids should come out of High School with the requisite skills they need to hold down and make a good living.

But as long as you have corporations INSISTING that they won't consider an applicant without a college degree, then that should be available to everyone, just like HS and Elementary education are.

It is available to everyone. You just have to pay for it yourself, that's all.

why do the left wing regressives insist that college should be free...or rather, that the money for people's education should be extracted at gunpoint from other taxpayers....many of whom will not go to college?

Why don't they insist that those people attending college on the taxpayers expense, pay back the money they get......?

Why is that such a hard concept for bernie and hilary and the rest of the left wing regressives to get?

When are you going to pay back the cost of the free roads you drive on every day?

It's not free. It's paid for by people that drive through gasoline taxes.

You see, taxing people for the roads is an investment because those getting taxed will use the roads. As for the comparison that you are desperately trying to make, I don't gain anything by sending your kid to college--your kid does. Advanced education is an investment because in most cases, the graduate will make more money because they went to college.

College graduates don't pay taxes? Their parents don't pay taxes?

I'm sorry, guy, when was the last time the government extracted taxes from you at "gunpoint". I though with all your tiny-dicked whining about all the guns you own to protect yourself from Government tyranny, the IRS would have quite the mess on its hands when it came to collect your tax bill.

Reality. you probably submitted your 1040 before this weekend. Meekly. Without a fight.

But anyway.. College.

I'm not keen on the government paying for college. I think kids should come out of High School with the requisite skills they need to hold down and make a good living.

But as long as you have corporations INSISTING that they won't consider an applicant without a college degree, then that should be available to everyone, just like HS and Elementary education are.

You want to make K - 12 that way, and let the poor kids go without an education?

But anyway.. College.

You want to make K - 12 that way, and let the poor kids go without an education?

I would love to. Unfortunately that would make primary education unaffordable for most parents, however they should be paying much more into the school system than those who don't have kids.

When are you going to pay back the cost of the free roads you drive on every day?

When are you going to demand that liberal college professors work for free? Why aren't they like Plato who just sat around on rocks giving out free education to whoever wanted to listen?

What is it with these damn capitalist teachers who want to get rich educating our young people? WTF?

On top of the salaries that those teachers make, the average for-profit college has a 19% profit margin. That's average of course; some are doing much much better.

I wonder why these colleges don't sell stock? I'm sure nearly every investor in the country and around the world would buy it. Heck, I would take out a home equity loan and buy as much as I could afford. I would be paying 4% in interest on the loan but the money would be making me 19% on the investment That's a 15% return.

But I digress: Aren't those Walton people that own Walmart greedy MF"s?

well said. whats funny is that the majority of walmart customers are liberal democrats---------------------or people who are too ignorant to know that they aren't really liberal democrats.

The the most retarded thing I've ever read on this board, and that is one high bar to clear.

But anyway.. College.

I would love to. Unfortunately that would make primary education unaffordable for most parents, however they should be paying much more into the school system than those who don't have kids.

That's just more of an indication of your overall idiocy.

It's not free. It's paid for by people that drive through gasoline taxes.

You see, taxing people for the roads is an investment because those getting taxed will use the roads. As for the comparison that you are desperately trying to make, I don't gain anything by sending your kid to college--your kid does. Advanced education is an investment because in most cases, the graduate will make more money because they went to college.

College graduates don't pay taxes? Their parents don't pay taxes?

Yes they do, all working people pay taxes, but we should not be taxing everybody for the benefit of a much smaller group. College is not a necessity, it's an option.

But anyway.. College.

Another excellent representative of the modern American conservative openly admits that poor kids should go uneducated.

I guess I don't have to ask about Medicaid.

But anyway.. College.

No, what's idiotic is having children you can't afford to feed, to clothe, to educate, and expecting working people to foot the bill. That's what's idiotic.

[ College is not a necessity, it's an option.

Wrong again.

ep_chart_001.png

But anyway.. College.

No, what's idiotic is having children you can't afford to feed, to clothe, to educate, and expecting working people to foot the bill. That's what's idiotic.

Well, punishing the children for that is something only a conservative would cheer.

Maybe we should run our police departments that way. The cops will save you from crime, but you have to pay for it yourself.

or

The Fire Department will put out a fire at your house, but only if you can pay for it.

Some towns do operate that way. If you don't pay for fire protection insurance, the fire department won't help you. If your house is on fire, they may come out to help protect your neighbors home or property, but not yours.

However police and fire departments are necessities that we all agree to have. You vote for it as an individual issue.

But anyway.. College.

Which is consistent with wrongheaded conservative dogma: where income should determine the quality of healthcare and education, and those too poor to afford either should do without, the consequence of having ‘failed’ to be successful.

The neo-Social Darwinism advocated by most conservatives is one of the more reprehensible aspects of the American right.

Well, punishing the children for that is something only a conservative would cheer.

Society doesn't punish children by not paying for something--only parents punish children for having them and not able to provide.

Why not do that with public school?

I actually agree with that. We should force people to pay for some kind of tuition for high school. It would provide more money for the public school system in this country and perhaps make parents feel like they have something invested into the school itself. For once, I agree with the left on this.

College is kind of like vocational schools for a lot of people. College advertises that if you go you would get a better job because employers value a college degree. All of this is true but if the person is going to financially benefit from it why shouldn't they risk their own money to do it? If you are going to benefit financially from this investment then you should pay for it yourself!

I actually agree with that. We should force people to pay for some kind of tuition for high school. It would provide more money for the public school system in this country and perhaps make parents feel like they have something invested into the school itself. For once, I agree with the left on this.

have you heard of the concept of property taxes? that is what pays for public schools.

You're not agreeing with me. I think it's the dumbest idea I've heard in ages.

Forum List

Back