Since when does the Catholic Church have the right to force their religious values...

You wrongly believe the average Catholic voter supports the church paying for birth control...

The church isn't paying for it. The employee is paying for it with his or her LABOR.

Labor pays for birth control?

Are you drunk?

When you work for someone, they pay you. They might pay part or all in cash. They might pay part in a health insurance policy. If that health insurance includes a prescription drug plan that provides birth control pills, that is still part of your pay for your labor.

So the employee has earned the healthcare coverage by WORKING. It is not 'given' to them as some sort of charity.

I've only ever pointed out that, as a block, Catholics are the biggest swing vote - we hold no allegiance to either party.... Catholics are rarely 'far' right or 'far' left... as a group, we are moderate. We have, since around 1960, voted as a majority for the eventual winner of the election. And we have heavy populations in the battle ground states. To Obama, we are a big deal. So are other religious groups. You might not like it but that's how it is.

There is a big deal with this, and it is not about what the left wing media is telling you it's about.

They are split on this issue, CG. Catholics are not a block anymore than this board would be considered a block. Just let it go and listen awhile. The media can be very informative you know.

Oh, I am listening to the media. I know what they're saying and I know they're deliberately misrepresenting the issue. They are making it about birth control because birth control is an easier 'win' for them. It is not about birth control... not to us. To all those who follow a faith it is about freedom of religion. That's a much harder one for the left to spin their way - which is why they don't want to discuss that issue. Because they cannot win it.

I explained it to you in another thread and you chose to ignore it. I assume because it's too hard to argue against.... it is what it is. Across this country last Sunday - and not just in Catholic Churches - those congregations heard very clearly what this issue is... and it ain't birth control.

And, for the record, every poll that asks the right question - about whether church funded charities should be forced to breach their doctrine - the polls do not show a 'split'... they show an overwhelming support for the church's stance. Unlucky.

Show us the polls that ask the 'right' questions.

They are split on this issue, CG. Catholics are not a block anymore than this board would be considered a block. Just let it go and listen awhile. The media can be very informative you know.

Oh, I am listening to the media. I know what they're saying and I know they're deliberately misrepresenting the issue. They are making it about birth control because birth control is an easier 'win' for them. It is not about birth control... not to us. To all those who follow a faith it is about freedom of religion. That's a much harder one for the left to spin their way - which is why they don't want to discuss that issue. Because they cannot win it.

I explained it to you in another thread and you chose to ignore it. I assume because it's too hard to argue against.... it is what it is. Across this country last Sunday - and not just in Catholic Churches - those congregations heard very clearly what this issue is... and it ain't birth control.

And, for the record, every poll that asks the right question - about whether church funded charities should be forced to breach their doctrine - the polls do not show a 'split'... they show an overwhelming support for the church's stance. Unlucky.

I already did. And so have several on the left... they just keep ignoring that part of the poll and focus on the wrong stats. Not my problem if y'all are too fucking dumb to read your own damned links.

[You clearly don't understand the issue. We are not being forced to provide abortions, the morning after pill or anything else. We are being forced to provide insurance policies that cover those things to our employees. We cannot do that. It is against our beliefs.

See, now that is an outright lie. Catholic businesses are already doing that, and have done that for years, under state laws.

To say you cannot do something at the same time you are doing it is not just a lie,

it's an absurdly blatant lie.

I already did. And so have several on the left... they just keep ignoring that part of the poll and focus on the wrong stats. Not my problem if y'all are too fucking dumb to read your own damned links.

Do you want me to repeat the question?

No, I'm just not gonna keep linking back to fucking polls that have already been linked, and when I pointed out the epic fail from that link, you ignored it. Not doing that again... i'm bored with repeating obvious stuff for the slow kids.

No, I'm just not gonna keep linking back to fucking polls that have already been linked, and when I pointed out the epic fail from that link, you ignored it. Not doing that again... i'm bored with repeating obvious stuff for the slow kids.

Why do you insist that liberals need facts, their feelings are what's important.

Obama should be more concerned about helping folks find work than whether they are paid in birth control pills or condoms.

Vote him out to save your freedoms and jobs.

Why do you insist that liberals need facts, their feelings are what's important.
If feelings were important, nothing would be eaten by anything because that would make something feel bad, and bad is not good, so it shouldn't happen.

Obama should be more concerned about helping folks find work than whether they are paid in birth control pills or condoms.

He's VERY concerned about finding work for the Chinese. After all, where would he get the money to destroy this nation if not for them?

They really don't cope well with facts... unless they are the 'facts' as fed to them by their media. The left seem incapable of sourcing hard evidence.

The church isn't paying for it. The employee is paying for it with his or her LABOR.

Labor pays for birth control?

Are you drunk?

When you work for someone, they pay you. They might pay part or all in cash. They might pay part in a health insurance policy. If that health insurance includes a prescription drug plan that provides birth control pills, that is still part of your pay for your labor.

So the employee has earned the healthcare coverage by WORKING. It is not 'given' to them as some sort of charity.

When you are employed the employer and you agree on a compensation, if you don't agree with the insurance policy, you are given the choice to take the job or leave it. There are many very small businesses that can't afford to provide insurance. If the government steps in and supplies it, then the government can decide what to cover.

So the employee is working and is given the coverage agreed upon as compensation. It is earned and it is agreed upon, now you want the government to dictate what has to be offered.

He's VERY concerned about finding work for the Chinese. After all, where would he get the money to destroy this nation if not for them?

today_parcoltop22_61100_ImageFile.jpg

(Image: EIB )​

today_parcoltop22_61100_ImageFile.jpg

(Image: EIB )​
All heil the Man-childian Candyass.

Seig...!

Liberal meltdown in

Ever notice how the liberals don't show up til afternoon?
It's hard to function before they wake and bake.... and sleep till noon.
...and check thier mailbox for thier latest welfare check...
Oh that's now delivered electronically on the first of the month, or earlier if it falls on a weekend. Saves them having to go out or down to the mailbox where they'd associate with humans.

It's hard to function before they wake and bake.... and sleep till noon.
...and check thier mailbox for thier latest welfare check...
Oh that's now delivered electronically on the first of the month, or earlier if it falls on a weekend. Saves them having to go out or down to the mailbox where they'd associate with humans.

Really? You mean the moochers are so poor that they have computers? Internet access? Really? /Tongue-in-cheek...:eusa_whistle:

Forum List

Back