🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Since when does the Catholic Church have the right to force their religious values...

[Please..When less than 1/4 of us identify themselves as "liberal"....You're living in a parallel universe if you think that.

So? Mitt Romney calls himself a conservative. Are you really sure that what people call themselves accurately reflects what they are?
YOU certainly have offered yourself up as something that YOU aren't and have been called on it.

Equal treatment under the law is an entitlement. If the law entitles me to an insurance policy that covers birth control,

then my employer is obligated to obey that law. My employer is not entitled to tell me to go find a job somewhere else if I don't like it.

You have the right to quit, should you give up the right to quit, your employer will fire you.

So? Mitt Romney calls himself a conservative. Are you really sure that what people call themselves accurately reflects what they are?

It is at this point we grownups will pay little attention to what one says but rather, what they do. Get it?
Look, you are in a weakened position in this debate. With every post you make yourself appear more desperate.

What they do?

45% of the voters polled in the 2008 election identified themselves as moderates. They voted for Barack Obama 60 - 40.
That was then. This is now.
Obama's election was a repudiation of Bush. Obama has no such crutch on which to lean this time. He must run on his own merits.
Here are some real world possibilities.
One, the highly energized college students that voted their moderate and liberal consciousness, have hopefully obtained their degrees and have joined the real world. Many of them are not doing as well as they thought. They will either sit out or vote GOP..
Obaam also captured a good number of white suburban moderates in the hopes Obama would create policy to end the threat of those ARM's they got into when they bought what turned out to be too much house. Obama has tried government mandates to bail out loans that most know now should never have been made. The federal government in it's infinite wisdom decided to force lenders to make loans to otherwise unqualified applicants. THAT is the number one cause of the housing meltdown. If you believe those same suburban voters who have seen 10 years of home equity vanish are going to look to Obama to save them, be my guest. I think such a belief is unrealistic.
Energy....Soon, gasoline will once again climb over $4 per gallon. If there is one item in the consumer marketplace that is most noticeable it is the price of gas. People are going to cut back on other spending as the price of all goods and services rises because of energy costs. The people are going to look for someone to blame. Historically, in poor economic times, the sitting president is the target of said blame.
If I were running the RNC, I would run the quotes Obama made about "bankrupting the coal industry" ..."Electricity prices would necessarily skyrocket" and " I would be comfortable with four dollar gasoline"....
I would run these over and over again to make sure the American people know Obama does not have in mind their best interests. I would tell the people that Obama is the reason you have to give up your vacation, that the cost of a gallon of milk is a dollar more than when he took office. Etc....Kitchen table issues. These can be the undoing of Obama...If I were running the RNC, this is what I'd do.

Equal treatment under the law is an entitlement. If the law entitles me to an insurance policy that covers birth control,

then my employer is obligated to obey that law. My employer is not entitled to tell me to go find a job somewhere else if I don't like it.

You have the right to quit, should you give up the right to quit, your employer will fire you.
And Cabonated has the right NOT to take the job in the first place. He is among those that thinks companies exist just to dole out jobs.

Saves on postage. Also probably makes it easier to sell the card and increase fraud.

Actually, it cuts down quite a bit on fraud, I'm told. NOTHING is going to remove it entirely.

In addition to saving on postage, it saves on paper and printing costs, and is much, MUCH less labor-intensive than the old checks and food stamp booklets.

Why? Once you have the card and password the rest is easy.

Well, first of all, with the old food stamps, you could get change back on your purchase, which could then be used to buy things not covered by food stamps. With the EBT card, no change is issued. The computer charges the exact amount to the food account on the card, and the remainder stays there to be used only for allowed purchases. And the computers in the stores which accept EBT are programmed with EXACTLY which items are and are no allowable, with no possibility of the human checkout clerk making any changes.

As far as I know, there's no way to prevent people from selling the food they purchase with food stamps for cash.

A minneapolis social worker once told me that on average, people 'LOSE' their card 1-2 times a month.

Best way to fix that... give them an empty replacement card that doesn't fill till the end of the month.

But what if they lost it while full!!??!!! There's dozens of charities out there who can cover the shortfall by providing donated food. I know, I've used them on several occasions, but NEVER an EBT card. Fuckers want your first born if you're honest, and then make sure you NEVER work a decent job after that again as long as they help you out.

A minneapolis social worker once told me that on average, people 'LOSE' their card 1-2 times a month.

Best way to fix that... give them an empty replacement card that doesn't fill till the end of the month.

But what if they lost it while full!!??!!! There's dozens of charities out there who can cover the shortfall by providing donated food. I know, I've used them on several occasions, but NEVER an EBT card. Fuckers want your first born if you're honest, and then make sure you NEVER work a decent job after that again as long as they help you out.
Boggles the mind at the inept in this nation that are owed because they breathe free.

An entitlement to insurance doesn't entitle you to have someone else pay your medical bills for an elective either. Otherwise we would have free botox.

An entitlement to insurance doesn't entitle you to have someone else pay your medical bills for an elective either. Otherwise we would have free botox.

Especially when they already aren't paying for things needed to remain employed or even just be able to converse with others, such as hearing aids.

To the left it does. Remember their core principle:

"To each according to their need, from each according to their ability."

that premise grants you the 'RIGHT' to take from your neighbor, anything that would help you with a 'NEED'. The definition of the word "NEED" is even in dispute, making it ripe for abuse and corruption.

I need a ferarri. Someone better buy one for me quick.

This one principle excuses all theft and slavery in the world on basis of perceived 'need'.

that premise grants you the 'RIGHT' to take from your neighbor, anything that would help you with a 'NEED'. The definition of the word "NEED" is even in dispute, making it ripe for abuse and corruption.

This one principle excuses all theft and slavery in the world on basis of perceived 'need'.
The populace has learned that if they whine loud enough they can garner the treasury...with the stipulation they vote for the party that gives it to them.

The populace has learned that if they whine loud enough they can garner the treasury...with the stipulation they vote for the party that gives it to them.

"When the people find they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic."

Benjamin Franklin

You're an idiot. An insurance policy covers what the insurer and insured agree it will cover.

Your employer can't break the laws that apply to your compensation.

You're an idiot. An insurance policy covers what the insurer and insured agree it will cover.
And when the insurer refuses to agree on paying for certain services...? Then what? The insured can use a congressman, justices and president to force them to anyway?

Da fuck you on?

How about this? Because there's enough data to show that a vegan diet is risky due to malnutrition in key elements, to maintain health insurance they must eat red meat at least 4 times a week. Is that fair? Is that compromising their principles?

Is your hypocritometer disconnected or just silenced?

Last edited:

Your employer can't break the laws that apply to your compensation.

The employer sets the compensation and the benefits that you are granted for you opportunity to work for them. They can pull benefits and change pay if they feel the need to. The law does not require you to get insurance with your desired coverage, it doesn't even guarantee pay, or vacations. It doesn't even guarantee you will work the next day.

Since when does the Catholic Church have the right to force their religious values...

All religions feel that way. Because they feel "Gawd" is on their side and telling them what to do.

The only one forcing is the administration, a religion has the right to adhere to there beliefs, and that is all they ask, they are not forcing people to work or not work. The are not forcing anything, the are asking to set aside a law that interferes with their conscience that is well documented.

Forum List

Back