🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Since when does the Catholic Church have the right to force their religious values...

That is the way I see it, it's an assault on our liberties and the Constitution.
That's precisely what it is. Obama has no authority to make such dictates or even back away from it and tell Insurance companies they now have to do it.
This issue will weigh heavily in the ObamaCare decision coming from the SCOTUS in June.

The decision Obaam made to 'modify' the policy is simply a change in wording. Essentially the ruling is the same. Obama simply threw it at the insurance carrier.
I would not be shocked if Obama thinks this is going to simply go away.
If the GOP has any serious ideas about challenging Obama's reign, it will make this a major campaign issue

lol, that would be a good move. Let the Republicans make an issue out of something Obama has about 60% of the American people on his side,

and the GOP has a few comic book characters in pointy hats, plus the usual Obama haters, on their side.

Not according the CRA which bars employers who serve the public from discriminating based on religion.

So they can't seek employment elsewhere?
Loo, employment is not an entitlement. We have no indentured servitude here. No one is stuck with their current employment situation.

Operating a business outside the law isn't an entitlement either.
Straw man argument. No one said it is.
We also by law, permitted to seek employment where we wish.
Your premise is consistent with most liberal policy which claims rights, but uses those rights to usurp the rights of others.
Once again, employment is not an entitlement.
Your argument is the equivalent of a colander. It holds no water.

Here's a clue: if one doesn't care for the values of the Catholic Chuch, one shouldn't seek employment in one of their organizations.

Here's a clue: if one doesn't care for the values of the Catholic Chuch, one shouldn't seek employment in one of their organizations.
Bears repeating.
icon14.gif

That's precisely what it is. Obama has no authority to make such dictates or even back away from it and tell Insurance companies they now have to do it.
This issue will weigh heavily in the ObamaCare decision coming from the SCOTUS in June.

The decision Obaam made to 'modify' the policy is simply a change in wording. Essentially the ruling is the same. Obama simply threw it at the insurance carrier.
I would not be shocked if Obama thinks this is going to simply go away.
If the GOP has any serious ideas about challenging Obama's reign, it will make this a major campaign issue

lol, that would be a good move. Let the Republicans make an issue out of something Obama has about 60% of the American people on his side,

and the GOP has a few comic book characters in pointy hats, plus the usual Obama haters, on their side.
Please..When less than 1/4 of us identify themselves as "liberal"....You're living in a parallel universe if you think that.
60%...What is Obama's approval rating? How many changes has he had to make to avoid political fall out?
Obama is on thin ice. The only thing that will give Obama a second chomp at the asses of the taxpayers is a shitty GOP candidate. Hence the reason why the MSM and democrat operatives are pushing Romney.
Even if Obama keeps the Office, there is a very good chance he will be dealing with the GOP in control of the House and Senate. IN other words the nation's first full term lame duck president

Loo, employment is not an entitlement. We have no indentured servitude here. No one is stuck with their current employment situation.

Your premise is consistent with most liberal policy which claims rights, but uses those rights to usurp the rights of others.

Equal treatment under the law is an entitlement. If the law entitles me to an insurance policy that covers birth control,

then my employer is obligated to obey that law. My employer is not entitled to tell me to go find a job somewhere else if I don't like it.

Last edited:
Not according the CRA which bars employers who serve the public from discriminating based on religion.

So now the catholic church is equivalent to a drug cartel?

Wow. Depravity of intellect knows no bounds.

[Please..When less than 1/4 of us identify themselves as "liberal"....You're living in a parallel universe if you think that.

So? Mitt Romney calls himself a conservative. Are you really sure that what people call themselves accurately reflects what they are?

It is at this point we grownups will pay little attention to what one says but rather, what they do. Get it?
Look, you are in a weakened position in this debate. With every post you make yourself appear more desperate.

[Please..When less than 1/4 of us identify themselves as "liberal"....You're living in a parallel universe if you think that.

So? Mitt Romney calls himself a conservative. Are you really sure that what people call themselves accurately reflects what they are?

It is at this point we grownups will pay little attention to what one says but rather, what they do. Get it?
Look, you are in a weakened position in this debate. With every post you make yourself appear more desperate.

What they do?

45% of the voters polled in the 2008 election identified themselves as moderates. They voted for Barack Obama 60 - 40.

Equal treatment under the law is an entitlement. If the law entitles me to an insurance policy that covers birth control,

then my employer is obligated to obey that law. My employer is not entitled to tell me to go find a job somewhere else if I don't like it.

Company benefits are not entitlements.The company has a right to purchase what type of insurance they want for their employees.

If a Church doesn't care for US business and labor law, then it shouldn't start a business.

Yes, but you are standing on ceremony. Your argument is wet paper.
Your premise is that the Catholic Church should kowtow to liberal political correctness.
That is not going to happen. So stop wishing it would.
We all are well aware that it it the business of the liberal/progressive to tear down traditions and customs of all non liberal institutions.
This decision by Obama has nothing to do with fairness or justice. It is simply a matter of political expediency. Hence Obama's knee jerk decision to tweak his original command.

No..You have it backward. There is no "entitlement"....The employer is not obligated to buy coverage for individuals. The only obligation here is government mandates on the insurers. The employer is free to choose the carrier he or she thinks will give them the best deal fro him/her and the employees.
Look, this is not going to fly. Where as government is within it's purview to mandate coverage for diseases/injuries/maladies, government is NOT permitted to mandate coverage for choices. And I can think of no other more glaring example of a choice as to engage in unprotected or protected intercourse.
No one else but the participants should be exposed to CHOICE to tale such risk.
Sex is not an involuntary act.
Sorry, the people will not stand for this. Insurance coverage for types of birth control will always be an option. Some will offer it. Others will not.
You'll just have to live with that.
Tell me, why should anyone be free to have irresponsible sex then go to others to pay for their lack of judgement....Yes yes yes...You'll probably go off on some tangent. You'll give me some scenario about a person who drives a car recklessly, crashes and requires extensive medical care. You will assume I think insurance would not cover the injuries.
Don't go there. The vehicle would most likely not be covered. The injury would.
By the same token, the carrier will not cover the sex act, but will cover pre and postnatal care.
Of course recognition of this distinction is beyond your pay grade.

Saves on postage. Also probably makes it easier to sell the card and increase fraud.

Actually, it cuts down quite a bit on fraud, I'm told. NOTHING is going to remove it entirely.

In addition to saving on postage, it saves on paper and printing costs, and is much, MUCH less labor-intensive than the old checks and food stamp booklets.

Why? Once you have the card and password the rest is easy.

Equal treatment under the law is an entitlement.

Holy SHIT! You're one fucked up dude! Equality under the law is a RIGHT... not an entitlement granted by the government! I'm damn near speechless at this fascist sentiment.

If the law entitles me to an insurance policy that covers birth control,

then my employer is obligated to obey that law.

So if the law says you can have a insurance policy covering birth birth control, the law then COMPELS your employer to give it to you? What if they say 'fuck that' and you get no insurance at all? What if they choose a plan that does NOT include it, can you not just go get it yourself from another vendor? Why must someone be FORCED to give you what you want when they have no responsibility or desire to do so?

Again, seig heil!

My employer is not entitled to tell me to go find a job somewhere else if I don't like it.

You have a RIGHT to associate with whomever you choose, for any reason you choose. If you do not wish to work for an employer who refuses to give you what you consider mandatory, you can compromise your principles or hit the bricks. Your demand does beget an obligation. They could demand you work 100 hours a week on salary and you'd have to work it or you'd get fired. You're free to leave any time you want.

revolting.

I'd fire your ass for wearing a yellow shirt to work on Thursday NYC.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back