Sirius Radio stock is on a roll

CrazyTrader55

Platinum Member
Mar 28, 2024
Eastern U.S.
After bottoming out at $2.45 per share, the stock is now trading at $3 and climbing. None other than Warren Buffett bought 1.9 million shares of the company, recently.

After bottoming out at $2.45 per share, the stock is now trading at $3 and climbing. None other than Warren Buffett bought 1.9 million shares of the company, recently.
Well good luck with that over the long haul. WB also bought up our local newspaper several years ago and kept jacking subscriptions and ad costs up every few months until he basically bankrupted it and then sold it off.

Which is why it is climbing.

I would be careful with this one, Buffett dumping his shares would drive it back into the ground.

Hard to believe in this day and age with so many streaming options that anyone would still use it. Looks like the subscriber base has been stagnant for a while now.

1719929154739.png

Which is why it is climbing.

I would be careful with this one, Buffett dumping his shares would drive it back into the ground.

Hard to believe in this day and age with so many streaming options that anyone would still use it. Looks like the subscriber base has been stagnant for a while now.

View attachment 970386
I hear you on the streaming services but I gotta tell you - I love this product and have had it a long time and won't get rid of it and I'm sure there are plenty of other 40, 50, 60 years olds, etc who would tell you the same thing.

I hear you on the streaming services but I gotta tell you - I love this product and have had it a long time and won't get rid of it and I'm sure there are plenty of other 40, 50, 60 years olds, etc who would tell you the same thing.

I am surprised 40 year olds use it, but I get the rest. the problem is they are going to start dying off or retiring and cutting cost and it seems they are not picking up new people

I like Sirius, have subscribed for years.

let me guess, you are over 50?
Closer to 70. You prefer standard FM stations? I assume, you live in a large market, where there is a greater variety, or you are enamored with Johnboy and Billy?

I kept waiting for them to have some sort of exclusive deal with an artist to where you’ll only hear one of their songs on Sirius. They never did it.

So what they became was just a curator of music. For some reason, they don’t make all of their curations available in the car. Not sure why.

Closer to 70. You prefer standard FM stations? I assume, you live in a large market, where there is a greater variety, or you are enamored with Johnboy and Billy?

I prefer streaming music/podcast via my phone.

I could not tell you the last time I actually listened to a radio station.

I kept waiting for them to have some sort of exclusive deal with an artist to where you’ll only hear one of their songs on Sirius. They never did it.

So what they became was just a curator of music. For some reason, they don’t make all of their curations available in the car. Not sure why.
I do not understand that either. At home, I listen to the Sirius XM ExtraChannels, though, next time I head to Florida or other long distance driving vacation, I will follow this trend using the ap on Iphone as I do out back. In here, in the study, I often have it on in the background on this PC, while reading or here on the board.

I prefer streaming music/podcast via my phone.

I could not tell you the last time I actually listened to a radio station.

More nonsense. you can get Sirius on your work PC or on your phone. I am pretty sure the music channels are all commercial free? And for loons like you they have howard stern and his marxist BS for you to wack off too you sick POS. Go to panama already.

More nonsense. you can get Sirius on your work PC or on your phone. I am pretty sure the music channels are all commercial free?

that is very nice, still no reason to use it when I can do everything it offers I want via other source that are far cheaper.

Go to panama already.

I wish, still stuck here for 5 more years.

Forum List

Back