Sister Wives

Well... After reading this thread I'm kinda interested...

I'd say live and let live on the multiple partners thing, doesn't sink my boat..

Oh.. be prepared... TV will destroy whatever they got going on...

Yes Lumpy and that's what makes this show so interesting. They seem like genuine people (but a bit naive). I don't think they had any clue how much this show would disrupt their lives. Wife #3 is the most talkative and she seems very innocent - almost child-like with the way she speaks. However, when asked if they'd do it over again, she was the only one who said "I honestly don't know". She was very content before the show - now - not so much.

These people live in a secluded world. They actually said "People are kind. They are more tolerant today." They mustn't spend much time on the internet. lol

If their, "a bit naive" .. the fix is in , they'll be manipulated for entertainment value...

The modern day.... Roman Coliseum...:blowup:

And here's a bizarre theory I have - Whoever has the most babies, wins. Catholics, Muslims, and other faiths promote procreation with this in mind. Mormons are much quieter about it. It wouldn't surprise me if their own people turn on them. They've let the cat out of the basket (in their words)

why in the hell would anyone relocate to vegas ? their economy sucks...

so utah law goes further into this than expected....how odd....we have it here...as long as it works for the people involved......no one cares...people should just mind their own business

Utah delves into the law because they have had some major issues with polygamy and mormonism over the years. I love Mormons..my dad's family were all Mormon and I was raised for some time as a Mormon but when you look at the history in Utah, it's pretty scary. Any religion that depends upon the violation of human rights to function is going to have conflict with our government at some point, and at one point Mormonism was pretty out of control.

And here's a bizarre theory I have - Whoever has the most babies, wins. Catholics, Muslims, and other faiths promote procreation with this in mind. Mormons are much quieter about it. It wouldn't surprise me if their own people turn on them. They've let the cat out of the basket (in their words)

Most Mormons are very vital, interesting, normal people, Chanel, with a good value system and a healthy attitude. I don't see those folks turning on anyone without provocation. Good Mormon kids are expected to spend two years on mission before settling down and getting married. It's really a pretty good standard.

These people live in a secluded world. They actually said "People are kind. They are more tolerant today." They mustn't spend much time on the internet. lol

Hey, you shut up and put some clothes on! And while yer at it, fix me a sammich!

Most Mormons are very vital, interesting, normal people, Chanel, with a good value system and a healthy attitude. I don't see those folks turning on anyone without provocation. Good Mormon kids are expected to spend two years on mission before settling down and getting married. It's really a pretty good standard.

And then you have Glenn Beck..........:lol:

Oh Allie. I agree. These folks seem like great parents. However, I may be right about the secrecy issue:

HollywoodLife.com spoke exclusively with Joseph “LaMoine” Jenson, the leader of the Apostolic United Brethren, the Mormon fundamentalist group, of which Kody is a member in Lehi, Utah. The Head Prophet tells us that Kody did NOT tell him of his plans to be on a reality TV show until it was well underway, and he was totally against Kody filming Sister Wives, the seven-documentary series for TLC.

“I’ve told him twice to stop filming,” said LaMoine. “He had already planned this when he came to me for my blessing, and was already well involved before I knew anything about it.”

Kody is currently being investigated in Utah for violating polygamy laws [polygamy is illegal in all states]. LaMoine, who has been a polygamist his entire life, says he sees nothing wrong with his faith, his only qualm is that Kody is exposing it to the world to make it legal.

“Kody is convinced he is doing the right thing,” says LaMoine. “He thinks it’s going to help the lifestyle and get plural marriage decriminalized, but I personally don’t think that will happen. I told him exposing his family was unnecessary.”

But LaMoine is not alone, he tells HollywoodLife.com that most members of the Brethren are against Kody exploiting their religion.

“Most of the people as far as the fundamentalists don’t appreciate it,” he says. “I think he had the best of intentions, but people are coming to me every day and are saying they do not appreciate the publicity and some of the things portrayed on the show.”

EXCLUSIVE! Head Of Kody Brown’s Polygamist Sect Says: I Told Him Not to Do TV Show — TWICE! « Hollywood Life

so utah law goes further into this than expected....how odd....we have it here...as long as it works for the people involved......no one cares...people should just mind their own business

It's the Feds who pushed the law onto Utah as a condition of statehood. That's precisely why they go after it the way they do.

Utah delves into the law because they have had some major issues with polygamy and mormonism over the years. I love Mormons..my dad's family were all Mormon and I was raised for some time as a Mormon but when you look at the history in Utah, it's pretty scary. Any religion that depends upon the violation of human rights to function is going to have conflict with our government at some point, and at one point Mormonism was pretty out of control.

violation of human rights? Seriously... I thought better of you Allie.

They seem like decent people with well adjusted kids. But it's still pretty creepy. And illegal of course.

I'm anxious to see if he's been charged.

IMO, the government has no business regulating about what goes on between consenting adults.

Serial monogamous or even a guy/girl having multiple partners at the same time = no problem, but going after people living together and raising a family? Doesn't fly in my book.

Just because we don't like something doesn't make it grounds for the government to get involved and enforce our version of morality.

The govt is in the marriage biz - whether we like it or not.

i just wanted to say "congrats" to Robyn!!! God is definatly smiling down on you and your family, no matter the size!!! I truly believe that God, Jesus, or whomever you believe in, is only wanting you to experience true joy in your lives..... God be with you and with your ever growing family!!!!

Why waste time watching this stuff when there's quality TV like Dance Moms on the air?

I think we need a drinking game for the new Pan Am show. Everytime the mile high club is achieved...take a drink. Should do wonders for liquor sales.

Forum List

Back