Six Year Old

balloon-boy-10.jpg

Police are trained to "believe" the stories given at the time, until further investigation proves them wrong.

Needless to say the parents, wisely for them, did not appear on TV during the 2-hour event because if questioned by the media, much would have come out to refute the story early on.

It was the dad who contacted TV stations as soon as the event occurred, "to get the biggest coverage to help in the rescue." heh

Certainly the "scientist" father would have been asked whether or not his helium balloon was capable of carrying a 50 lb payload (answer, no). And the "box" attached to the balloon had no point of entry large enough for his son to have entered.

As of this morning the cost of this event was over 2 million.

Well, mal. Let's make a bet. I'm torn, but I'll go with "not a hoax".

What does the loser have to do?

Backrub... ;)

How about something in the Siglines...

But what if it's never Conclusive?...

Like OJ's Guilt. :lol:

:)

peace...
If it's conclusive, the loser puts 'I heart mal' or 'I heart Emma' in their sig for a week. Or something like that lol.

If it's inconclusive, I'll go play golf and search for the culprit.

Police are trained to "believe" the stories given at the time, until further investigation proves them wrong.

Needless to say the parents, wisely for them, did not appear on TV during the 2-hour event because if questioned by the media, much would have come out to refute the story early on.

It was the dad who contacted TV stations as soon as the event occurred, "to get the biggest coverage to help in the rescue." heh

Certainly the "scientist" father would have been asked whether or not his helium balloon was capable of carrying a 50 lb payload (answer, no). And the "box" attached to the balloon had no point of entry large enough for his son to have entered.

I had the same reaction as soon as I saw the balloon. It looked like no way it could lift a 50lb child. Also a balloon with a payload would not shoot up like that. That boy is so fidgety that there was no way he could have crawled in and remained quiet with his whole family standing around.
The police are taking their time and gathering facts. The fathers time will come

I had the same reaction as soon as I saw the balloon. It looked like no way it could lift a 50lb child. Also a balloon with a payload would not shoot up like that. That boy is so fidgety that there was no way he could have crawled in and remained quiet with his whole family standing around.
The police are taking their time and gathering facts. The fathers time will come

I don't believe police are 'trained' to believe initial reports. They're trained to look at evidence from all angles and not rule anything out.

I don't think you can fault the cops for this.

It did appear the ones that "rescued" the balloon yesterday already knew no one was inside, though. They sure took their sweet time checking.

It emits a million volts on the outer skin?

This man is nuts.

I know NOTHING about current and stuff. Is that even possible?
I think a live power line has around 1/2 a million volts. There's no way he could have generated that kind of power.

Yeah he could have. Volts are easy. Watts are hard.

Stun guns are manufactured that put out well over a million volts.

I think a live power line has around 1/2 a million volts. There's no way he could have generated that kind of power.

I didn't know that. He's still nuts if he had something capable of doing that with kids around it.

I had an ex who was a radio fanatic and tried (and failed lol) to explain this stuff to me. Isn't it the amps rather than the amount of voltage that is dangerous? Or am I completely in the dark? (I vote for the latter LOL)

I had an ex who was a radio fanatic and tried (and failed lol) to explain this stuff to me. Isn't it the amps rather than the amount of voltage that is dangerous? Or am I completely in the dark? (I vote for the latter LOL)

Yeah, the amps are what kill you.

Not an expert on this by any means. I'm not a radio engineer.

Forum List

Back