Slavery Reparations is immoral

Hey, seriously, let the Democrats nominate someone who advocates slavery reparations. We should encourage them to do so. I know *a lot* of liberals and moderates who get downright annoyed at the very mention of slavery reparations--they view the idea as not only absurd but a bit insulting.

Never mind the horrific price we paid in the Civil War to make it possible to abolish slavery, how about the tens of billions we have spent on college aid for blacks, food stamps for blacks, housing vouchers for blacks, not to mention affirmative action and minority set-asides?

So, yes, let the Dems nominate someone who pushes for slavery reparations.

Blacks died for 200 years in slavery fighting slavery, died in the revolutionary war and got no freedom, died in the civil war and every war since. You have not spent 10's of billions for blacks because everything you mention white have been the majority beneficiaries. Including affirmative action because white women benefited the most from affirmative action.

What has whitey done to you son?

Figure it out son.

I already have, not one damn thing. You're just whining and crying about shit that happened 200 years ago.
Get over it, you aren't getting shit from Whitey.

You apparently haven't figured it out. You're paying Native Americans every year for what happened 200 years ago. Your opposition to reparations have no merit.

Hey, seriously, let the Democrats nominate someone who advocates slavery reparations. We should encourage them to do so. I know *a lot* of liberals and moderates who get downright annoyed at the very mention of slavery reparations--they view the idea as not only absurd but a bit insulting.

Never mind the horrific price we paid in the Civil War to make it possible to abolish slavery, how about the tens of billions we have spent on college aid for blacks, food stamps for blacks, housing vouchers for blacks, not to mention affirmative action and minority set-asides?

Blacks died for 200 years in slavery fighting slavery, died in the revolutionary war and got no freedom, died in the civil war and every war since. You have not spent 10's of billions for blacks because everything you mention white have been the majority beneficiaries. Including affirmative action because white women benefited the most from affirmative action.

You must be kidding. Would you care to compare casualty figures for blacks and whites in the American Revolution and in the Civil War? Eee-gads, the numbers are not even remotely close.

And how many African Americans do you think would even be alive today if their ancestors had remained in Africa? The percentage of American slaves who died from abuse was in the very low single digits, perhaps 3%, at the most. A much larger percentage of blacks in Africa died from tribal wars, starvation, and disease during the same period. Facts are stubborn things.

This is about as ignorant an argument as I have ever heard. Facts are a stubborn thing. Next time use some.

What happens afterward when the free money doesn't solve all their problems?
Wrong question.

You should be asking why hasn't America paid this debt as yet?

It's the worst criminal act against a people in the world's history.
It is not owed.

Nor was it the worst criminal act in history

It is owed and it is considered by historians as the worst criminal act in history

The money is not free. And what happens when the money does solve the problem?
It is not owed and only dumbass historians believe that tripe.

It's owed and only dumb ass white racists argue about it like you do.
It is not owed.

No one may claim a debt on behalf of an ancestor from someone else's descendents.

You are a fool and a liar and the true racist here.

This is a fact you racist liar.

There is no fucking such debt and your cowardly racist ass will never get a fucking dime

Deal with it bitch

You must be kidding. Would you care to compare casualty figures for blacks and whites in the American Revolution and in the Civil War? Eee-gads, the numbers are not even remotely close.

And how many African Americans do you think would even be alive today if their ancestors had remained in Africa? The percentage of American slaves who died from abuse was in the very low single digits, perhaps 3%, at the most. A much larger percentage of blacks in Africa died from tribal wars, starvation, and disease during the same period. Facts are stubborn things.

This is about as ignorant an argument as I have ever heard. Facts are a stubborn thing. Next time use some.
Follow your own advice bitch
It is fact there is no debt and you have failed to prove one.

You have been owned racist

Slavery Reparations is immoral and unreasonable

Cory Booker introduces Senate bill on slavery reparations

Cory Booker was introduced a Senate bill on slavery reparations. There are also other 2020 Democrat candidates who are talking about reparations. Booker, Harris, Warren and Sanders are all talking about Slavery Reparation.

Candidates edge toward discussing slavery reparations

Not all people of color in the United States are descended from slaves, and not all are impoverished. It’s also expensive and would cost the U.S. government $6 trillion to as much as $14 trillion. University of Connecticut professor Thomas Craemer arrived at that range by calculating the value of slave labor at prevailing wages from 1776 to 1865, compounded at 3 percent annually.

Slavery Reparations is immoral because it would punish innocent people and it would reward non-victims. There are no living slaves and there are no living slave owners. It would be like punishing a person for something that their friend did or a sibling did. It’s immoral to punish people for something that they had no control of. The Dem candidates are not just pandering for votes, they are trying to buy votes with your money. The constitution treats people as individuals, not as groups.
Slavery is still legal in Muslim counties. Slavery sexual or otherwise because it's still legal in Muslim countries. It isn't the black man's religion or any one else's. Under sharia law you can fuck any non Muslim . Which is why I am islamphobe.

What has whitey done to you son?

Figure it out son.

I already have, not one damn thing. You're just whining and crying about shit that happened 200 years ago.
Get over it, you aren't getting shit from Whitey.

You apparently haven't figured it out. You're paying Native Americans every year for what happened 200 years ago. Your opposition to reparations have no merit.
Will being 1/1024 black be enough to qualify for reparations?

Cory Booker was introduced a Senate bill on slavery reparations. There are also other 2020 Democrat candidates who are talking about reparations. Booker, Harris, Warren and Sanders are all talking about Slavery Reparation.

Not all people of color in the United States are descended from slaves, and not all are impoverished. It’s also expensive and would cost the U.S. government $6 trillion to as much as $14 trillion. University of Connecticut professor Thomas Craemer arrived at that range by calculating the value of slave labor at prevailing wages from 1776 to 1865, compounded at 3 percent annually.

Slavery Reparations is immoral because it would punish innocent people and it would reward non-victims. There are no living slaves and there are no living slave owners. It would be like punishing a person for something that their friend did or a sibling did. It’s immoral to punish people for something that they had no control of. The Dem candidates are not just pandering for votes, they are trying to buy votes with your money. The constitution treats people as individuals, not as groups.
Not only that, but following the Civil War, 40 acres and a mule didn't pan out because black men tended to gamble, drink whiskey and visit wild, wild wimmen, and when they ran out of nickels to piddle off, they put up the mule, and when they lost the mule, they put up the 40 acres. That left them and their families in dire straits. People didn't worry much about it until the end of WWI or WWII, when a grateful nation of soldiers knew the sacrifices black men and women poured into the war efforts, especially after Pearl Harbor was decimated on Dec 7, 1941. After the wars, people noticed in large population areas the deplorable conditions of the number of lean-tos in shanty towns across the nation, and decided to get some housing projects into the ghetto areas to bring up the standard of living. Unfortunately, by that time, the fondest mind-and-mood-altering substance among black men was heroin, so not much upkeep was done in these apartments, which became drug parlors that ruined too many black kids at early ages. Then someone got the bright idea to put the husbandless mothers in these eyesores on welfare, since the projects didn't work out so good. Pretty soon, savvy recipients of welfare payments were buying multiple phony ids, drivers licenses, and other paper lies, and they helped themselves to multiple checks each month to not only support their children, but also to fund seriously addictive mind-altering substances to help them overcome depression from do-nothing lives. So that didn't work out either, because too many black kids became orphans due to parental overdoses and walking off roofs on account of illegal psychedelic substances of the mid-sixties and beyond. After that, it was free abortions to alleviate motherhood issues from unmarried and destitute young black ladies.

IOW, past tries at slave reparations were not met with wise use of the funds on the part of the recipients' refusal to use their resources to make life better for themselves and their children. I think the debt has been more than paid, and the reparations beggars should foot the bill for their own follies, and not American taxpayers.

And FWIW, that's what I think.

horseshit. minorities in the USA are better off than any other place on earth. YOU were not a slave, I was not a slave owner, I owe you NOTHING.

some of the richest people in the nation today are black. Do they deserve reparations? Does obozo deserve them? how about Beyonce and Kobe Bryant and Bill Cosby, and Whoopi? Do any of them deserve reparations?

this whole thing is total bullshit.

And yet a white family on average has 15 times the wealth of blacks.

You whites here talk a lot of shit but you've read no facts. That's why you idiots talk about the lack of black fathers when black poverty is half of what it was during the times you conservatives talk about when black fathers were still in the home.

how is your failure in life my fault? or my responsibility?

And why do you stupid uneducated saltine dumb asses think I have failed? I've done better than you . You would have quit life if you faced what I had to on the come up boy. You have benefited from racism. But this is not about your punk ass. This is about the responsibility of the U.S. government.

so, as a discriminated against descendant of slaves you have succeeded on your own, good for you and thanks for defeating your own argument. Like you, I have only benefited from my own education and hard work. No special treatment or favors. Thats the way it should be.

the pursuit of happiness is guaranteed by the constitution, not that you will find it.

I have not defeated my argument. You have benefited from a system based on white racial preference. And just as whites lie about not seeing themselves as a race they lie about white racial preference. What I had to go through to get here you never came close to facing. I was denied jobs I was well qualified to have for whites with less qualification. I had to work for free helping my friend build a business and supplemented myself by flipping burgers at night to get a chance to do what I got in student loan debt to do. It took a fight shown on the news with city hall for us to get funding after 5 years of producing the best results in the city. Meanwhile organizations with lesser qualified whites were raking in the cash with no results to justify it.

I worked at a corporation in every department and could not get a management position while I saw whites who did not have the time or experience pass me by. And that's just 2 examples. So you can shove your opinion up your ass.

You are here on the backs of your ancestors like everybody else. And you and your ancestors benefitted from white racial preference. We are owed the same reparations Native Americans get every year.

congratulations, you benefited from the american dream, you worked hard and made something of yourself in spite of discrimination and bias. You should be proud, not bitter. I was never given anything just because of my skin pigment, that claim is a crock of shit.

Tell me, how was Michael Jordan held back? Oprah? Obama? Ben Carson? Herman Cain? black judges both male and female? Clarence Thomas? MLK? Jessie Jackson? Sharpton?

Racial bias in the USA today is nothing but a strategy of the dems because its all they have left. Wake the fuck up.

What happens afterward when the free money doesn't solve all their problems?
Wrong question.

You should be asking why hasn't America paid this debt as yet?

It's the worst criminal act against a people in the world's history.
It is not owed.

Nor was it the worst criminal act in history

It is owed and it is considered by historians as the worst criminal act in history

The money is not free. And what happens when the money does solve the problem?
It is not owed and only dumbass historians believe that tripe.

It's owed and only dumb ass white racists argue about it like you do.

so lets assume that every ADOS in the USA today gets $50,000 in reparations (or you pick a number). Is that going to end it forever? Will you then stop the BS about being "treated unfairly"? Of course it wont, the money would be gone on cars, jewelry, and blow within a week and there would still be just as many black kids growing up without fathers and still be just as many blacks committing crimes.

WE cannot fix the black community, only YOU can do that.

there were slaves in all 13 colonies, some them were white Irish.

But who gets reparations? does Oprah get them? Beyonce? Whoopi?, Michael Jordan? Obama? How about Farrakhan?

do recent legal immigrants get taxed to pay for them? if so, why?
Reparations are due to ADOS, American Descendants of Slaves.

If you qualify, then you're owed.

Me, as a black immigrant, I don't qualify for it, but I know for a fact, that they are owed that debt from America.

are you personally responsible for the debts of your great great grandparents? should you pay fines and do jail time for their crimes? How were the descendants of slaves harmed by slavery of their ancestors? They may have been harmed by discrimination in their current times, but they were not harmed by the slavery of their ancestors. We have laws against discrimination and BS like affirmative action that is basically discrimination against innocent majorities.

Slavery was a terrible time in this country, but its history. We need to learn from history, not be obsessed with trying to change it.

this racist crap must stop before it destroys this nation. and yes, the biggest racists today are the black members of the democrat party.

Then stop being a racist. Black democrats aren't racists. It is not racism when you object to white racism. You pay Native Americans every year for the past. So you have no argument.

AA is not discrimination against majorities unless you believe whites deserve everything.

denying admission to a white kid with higher scores and giving the spot to the black kid with lower scores is discrimination by race. If you cannot see that then there is no point is continuing this discussion.

Anybody can participate in reparations if the really believe in it.

We don't need the government as a middle man. Just walk down the street and when you see a Negro give them you money. Problem solved. That way the stupid White Guilt pussies can fulfill their pathetic need to kiss the ass of the Negros.

The number of whites who were enslaved in North Africa by the Barbary pirates exceeded the number of Africans enslaved in the United States and in the American colonies before that put together.

What total baloney...immoral.

Then, by your logic, Trump running a GIGANTIC fiscal deficit during a growing economy (that future generations will have to pay back - even though they had NOTHING to do with it) is immoral.

You cannot have it both ways.

Either neither is immoral or both are...which is it, please?

Last edited:
The problem is.... there is not an ounce of white guilt over here.

Democrat party will go down with their reparations, drowning in their own racism.

Then, by your logic, Trump running a GIGANTIC fiscal deficit during a growing economy (that future generations will have to pay back - even though they had NOTHING to do with it) is immoral.

Either neither is immoral or both are...which is it?
Both are.

But you are the only hypocrite.

Deficits means nothing to you when a Dem president runs them

You have never criticized them for deficits and only give a shit when a republican has a great economy.

But we all know you have never been very bright

Either neither is immoral or both are...which is it?

If you are even entertaining the idea of reparations, you need to fuck out of this country, as do the above mentioned politicians.

Also, you get the award for the false equivalency of the century.

Any type of reparations would mandate they return to Africa. After all that's why Liberia was created! For freed black slaves!

Our crime rates would drop at least 30% in most categories if blacks went back to the motherland!

:1peleas: :welcome:

So as for reparations, What does one say to a immigrant family that arrives after the civil war, what do they say to those whose forefathers fought in the side of the union and died, pay up?
How about the Democratic Party, the one with the slaves, or actual families that owned slaves pay these reparations?
How does one identify those families born out of Southern slavery? Is this concept designed to pay this so called sin tax to all people of color? Only a ignorant individual lives in the past, time to grow up, embrace our struggles and move on.

Either neither is immoral or both are...which is it, please?

Aren't nearly 50% of Blacks on the taxpayer tit?
Aren't "reparations" being paid?

Forum List

Back