Slavery reparations?

Are you for or against slavery reparations?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
You cant be that stupid can you?

Slave codes - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Now thats just the written law. Wanna guess what would happen to the freed slave?

One state? Your implication was that no slave owners could free their slaves lawfully. Which is still wrong with the exception of one state.

But as long as we're talking about laws, seems there were laws that protected slaves as well.

You said there were no laws. Are you stupid or just wrong?

I was under the assumption you meant ALL slave owners in ALL states which fall under federal law. The way your statement was written clarifies my assumption.

You should have said ....in one state there was a law that made it unlawful for a black slave owner to free a slave.

Post #197.

Who? Be specific now for if you're going to throw something like that out there than you must have a list of these profiteers! From what I gather anybody living in the States can thank what they have from the sweat of our forefathers! The African slaves, Irish indentured servants, no wage earning Chinese, Korean sweatshop workers, etc.

Who are these profiteers still making money from slavery so long ago Truthmatters?

I see this subject moving into the direction of "white privilege." Time will tell.

Check the white guy enact history
He sees the Black man with something he wants
He sees the white women admiring
He gets jealous and pouts
He destroys everything in attempt to get what he thinks is his due.
Everyone else thinks he is crazy.

White privilege

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qfEtINdmNPA]Office Meeting Room - Intel 2 in 1 Laptop / Ultrabook Convertible | TV Commercial - YouTube[/ame]

Last edited:
fucking racist

Word still has no power.

wanna bet

your society hates you fella.

your the dying breed that this country wants to throw in the trash.

You want everyone to hate black people

too bad most hate you and your kind instead.

YOU LOST

Sure! But are you sure you can risk losing your welfare check?

I didn't know I had a society, is it different than the one you reside in?

Actually my breed grows each passing year.

I don't want anyone to hate anyone.

You speak for most people now? Was there an election I missed where you were named spokesperson for most people?

Damn, I need to get out more.

One state? Your implication was that no slave owners could free their slaves lawfully. Which is still wrong with the exception of one state.

But as long as we're talking about laws, seems there were laws that protected slaves as well.

I was under the assumption you meant ALL slave owners in ALL states which fall under federal law. The way your statement was written clarifies my assumption.

You should have said ....in one state there was a law that made it unlawful for a black slave owner to free a slave.

When you assume you ........never mind.

You cant be that stupid can you?

Slave codes - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Now thats just the written law. Wanna guess what would happen to the freed slave?

Not to mention, the Alabama law only forbids a free person "of color" from freeing a slave. It does not prevent a slave owner from freeing a slave. So, it seems that this law does not fully complete Asclepius' statement.

I do not know of any laws that forbade an owner from giving freedom to a slave. There might be some.

Immie

Well Buckwheat wasn't very clear with his claim. I imagine he thought that Alabama law applied to every State and every slave owner regardless of color.

Thanks Sunni for the idea (sorta) re: 40 acres and a mule. :)

For.

We kidnapped them, enslaved them, should pay backwages. Fair's fair.

Sure.

Anyone who has been enslaved in the US should receive compensation.

However, the person who has been allegedly enslaved must first file his or her claim in court or some other legal venue.

I will on behalf of my ancestors if you are willing to pay via taxes. I dont want to put too much of a financial burden on you.

If you were enslaved, I would highly encourage you to file a claim in court.

If you weren't, then I'm afraid you won't be getting anything.

Not to mention, the Alabama law only forbids a free person "of color" from freeing a slave. It does not prevent a slave owner from freeing a slave. So, it seems that this law does not fully complete Asclepius' statement.

I do not know of any laws that forbade an owner from giving freedom to a slave. There might be some.

Immie

Thats whats called moving the goal posts. White racists seem to be good at that all while backpedaling. :lol:

If I remember correctly it was you that stated no one could free a slave. I simply pointed out that your example did not prove your statement. If you can't handle your own failure, do not blame me.

Immie

Immie

Well Buckwheat wasn't very clear with his claim. I imagine he thought that Alabama law applied to every State and every slave owner regardless of color.

well well well

look a racists love duo

How about if you are paid reparations, you must give up your American citizenship? After all, you wouldn't be an American in the first place if it weren't for your enslaved ancestors.

Tell me do you guys believe its good for your party to cheat black people out of their votes to steal power from the people here?

Sure.

Anyone who has been enslaved in the US should receive compensation.

However, the person who has been allegedly enslaved must first file his or her claim in court or some other legal venue.

I will on behalf of my ancestors if you are willing to pay via taxes. I dont want to put too much of a financial burden on you.

If you were enslaved, I would highly encourage you to file a claim in court.

If you weren't, then I'm afraid you won't be getting anything.

I dont think you understand the term heir. Thats most likely the main reason you could not afford it. Ignorant.

How about if you are paid reparations, you must give up your American citizenship? After all, you wouldn't be an American in the first place if it weren't for your enslaved ancestors.

were the Jews forced to give up their country to be repaid for what was done to them?

When you assume you ........never mind.

Oh hell, don't play coy. You know damn well that you were speaking about slave owners not just black slave owners in Alabama.

Damn you are one dishonest black man. No wonder you defend another dishonest hack.

Birds of a feather....

Did Nazi children get to keep the things the Nazis STOLE off the bodies of jews they killed?

hmmmmm I wonder if anyone can figure why you see jews and blacks differently?

I would be for that if it included a one way boat ride back to Africa.

Thats not true. There are plenty of Africans here that are citizens and were not enslaved. That was a massive fail.

As far as giving up citizenship you throw about 500k on top of the reparations and I will high tail it to Canada or Nigeria gladly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back