Slavery reparations?

Are you for or against slavery reparations?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
your a terrible person

If you disagree with TM you are a racist by default, but also smarter than her, also by default.

Just sayin

TM is by far brighter than any of these clowns. I cant imagine how much they darken the lives of everyone around them.

You discredit yourself saying something like that Asclepias... Many of these posters on this thread have opposite beliefs than yours but at least they make points that you can argue. Truthmatters rarely brings anything relevant to a discussion.

Asceplis and TDM.

Now there's an alliance I didn't see coming, though probably I should have.

You guys need to grab duhs and make it a trio.

I'll bet right now they're in PM and syphillis is trying to figure out what the hell TDM is talking about and wondering if it's too late to block her.

Last edited:
A simple yes would have avoided the fact that free blacks bought their families but could not free them according to law. Something you racists like to use in your claims that lots of Blacks owned black slaves. :cool:

There was no law saying you couldn't free slaves. Nice try though. Although there was a law (Fugitive Slave Act of 1850) regarding runaway slaves.

And yes quite a few blacks did own slaves. As a matter of fact in Louisiana, the largest slave holder was black.

In 1860 there were at least six Negroes in Louisiana who owned 65 or more slaves The largest number, 152 slaves, were owned by the widow C. Richards and her son P.C. Richards, who owned a large sugar cane plantation. Another Negro slave magnate in Louisiana, with over 100 slaves, was Antoine Dubuclet, a sugar planter whose estate was valued at (in 1860 dollars) $264,000 (3). That year, the mean wealth of southern white men was $3,978 (4).

Source

You cant be that stupid can you?

Slave codes - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Alabama, 1833, section 32 - "Any free person of color who shall write for any slave a pass or free paper, on conviction thereof, shall receive for every such offense, thirty-nine lashes on the bare back, and leave the state of Alabama within thirty days thereafter..

Now thats just the written law. Wanna guess what would happen to the freed slave?

One state? Your implication was that no slave owners could free their slaves lawfully. Which is still wrong with the exception of one state.

But as long as we're talking about laws, seems there were laws that protected slaves as well.

If you disagree with TM you are a racist by default, but also smarter than her, also by default.

Just sayin

TM is by far brighter than any of these clowns. I cant imagine how much they darken the lives of everyone around them.

You discredit yourself saying something like that Asclepias... Many of these posters on this thread have opposite beliefs than yours but at least they make points that you can argue. Truthmatters rarely brings anything relevant to a discussion.

please answer why Nazi decendants didn't get to keep what their families stole from the jews?

Just sayin

Not really looking for credit. An opposite belief would be intelligently thought out. That I have no issue with. Racist comments discredit the assumption they even have valid thoughts.

please answer why Nazi decendants didn't get to keep what their families stole from the jews?

I'm still waiting for you to tell me who these profiteers are...

There was no law saying you couldn't free slaves. Nice try though. Although there was a law (Fugitive Slave Act of 1850) regarding runaway slaves.

And yes quite a few blacks did own slaves. As a matter of fact in Louisiana, the largest slave holder was black.

In 1860 there were at least six Negroes in Louisiana who owned 65 or more slaves The largest number, 152 slaves, were owned by the widow C. Richards and her son P.C. Richards, who owned a large sugar cane plantation. Another Negro slave magnate in Louisiana, with over 100 slaves, was Antoine Dubuclet, a sugar planter whose estate was valued at (in 1860 dollars) $264,000 (3). That year, the mean wealth of southern white men was $3,978 (4).

Source

Alabama, 1833, section 32 - "Any free person of color who shall write for any slave a pass or free paper, on conviction thereof, shall receive for every such offense, thirty-nine lashes on the bare back, and leave the state of Alabama within thirty days thereafter..

Now thats just the written law. Wanna guess what would happen to the freed slave?

One state? Your implication was that no slave owners could free their slaves lawfully. Which is still wrong with the exception of one state.

But as long as we're talking about laws, seems there were laws that protected slaves as well.

You said there were no laws. Are you stupid or just wrong?

Source

Not to mention, the Alabama law only forbids a free person "of color" from freeing a slave. It does not prevent a slave owner from freeing a slave. So, it seems that this law does not fully complete Asclepius' statement.

I do not know of any laws that forbade an owner from giving freedom to a slave. There might be some.

Immie

Thanks Sunni for the idea (sorta) re: 40 acres and a mule. :)

For.

We kidnapped them, enslaved them, should pay backwages. Fair's fair.

Sure.

Anyone who has been enslaved in the US should receive compensation.

However, the person who has been allegedly enslaved must first file his or her claim in court or some other legal venue.

Not to mention, the Alabama law only forbids a free person "of color" from freeing a slave. It does not prevent a slave owner from freeing a slave. So, it seems that this law does not fully complete Asclepius' statement.

I do not know of any laws that forbade an owner from giving freedom to a slave. There might be some.

Immie

Thats whats called moving the goal posts. White racists seem to be good at that all while backpedaling. :lol:

Post #197.

ah ha

your true nature shows.

crime is not supposed to pay huh.

slavery is a crime

they are still profiting from a crime done long ago.

did we let the Nazis keep their plunder?

Who? Be specific now for if you're going to throw something like that out there than you must have a list of these profiteers! From what I gather anybody living in the States can thank what they have from the sweat of our forefathers! The African slaves, Irish indentured servants, no wage earning Chinese, Korean sweatshop workers, etc.

Who are these profiteers still making money from slavery so long ago Truthmatters?

Last edited:
Post #197.

ah ha

your true nature shows.

crime is not supposed to pay huh.

slavery is a crime

they are still profiting from a crime done long ago.

did we let the Nazis keep their plunder?

Who? Be specific now for if you're going to throw something like that out there than you must have a list of these profiteers! From what I gather anybody living in the States can thank what they have from the sweat of our forefathers! The African slaves, Irish indentured servants, no wage earning Chinese, Korean sweatshop workers, etc.

Who are these profiteers still making money from slavery so long ago Truthmatters?

I see this subject moving into the direction of "white privilege." Time will tell.

Anyone who inherited property that was handed down to them by a slave owner.

its stolen property because it was gained by kidnapping and torturing people through their entire lives.

Nazi children didn't get to keep stolen Jewish treasure

Thanks Sunni for the idea (sorta) re: 40 acres and a mule. :)

For.

We kidnapped them, enslaved them, should pay backwages. Fair's fair.

Sure.

Anyone who has been enslaved in the US should receive compensation.

However, the person who has been allegedly enslaved must first file his or her claim in court or some other legal venue.

I will on behalf of my ancestors if you are willing to pay via taxes. I dont want to put too much of a financial burden on you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back