SLC to elect openly lesbian mayor

SLC lesbian mayor-----------who gives a shit?

funny how threads like this are always started by libs in a failed attempt to "rub it in your face". Libs are obsessed with sexual perversion, wonder why that is.

Who'da thought.
LDS church works quite closely with political figures in the city on development issues, etc. Could be interesting or could be much ado about nothing

Salt Lake City could get its first lesbian mayor

Ironic. SLC gets a lesbian mayor, but the Mormons successfully got prop 8 in California knocked down. Guess when your eyes are elsewhere what's going on in your own backyard goes unnoticed. Might be a lesson there.
There's definitely been some "evolving" in the Mormon church since 2008.

That's debatable.

Mormon church backs LGBT rights -- with one condition - CNN.com

" (CNN)In at least one big and bruising culture-war battle, the Mormon church wants to call a partial truce.

Convening a rare press conference on Tuesday at church headquarters in Salt Lake City, Mormon leaders pledged to support anti-discrimination laws for gays, lesbians, bisexuals and transgender people, as long the laws also protect the rights of religious groups.

In exchange, the Mormon church wants gay rights advocates -- and the government -- to back off."

Sounds more like they'll give LGBT rights to LGBT up to the point some reliigon wants to discriminate then it's suddenly back to religious freedom. But isn't that always how it's gonna be? No one except religious people ever oppose such things, so the opposition's always going to have a religious freedom issue.

Who'da thought.
LDS church works quite closely with political figures in the city on development issues, etc. Could be interesting or could be much ado about nothing

Ironic. SLC gets a lesbian mayor, but the Mormons successfully got prop 8 in California knocked down. Guess when your eyes are elsewhere what's going on in your own backyard goes unnoticed. Might be a lesson there.

That's debatable.

" (CNN)In at least one big and bruising culture-war battle, the Mormon church wants to call a partial truce.

Convening a rare press conference on Tuesday at church headquarters in Salt Lake City, Mormon leaders pledged to support anti-discrimination laws for gays, lesbians, bisexuals and transgender people, as long the laws also protect the rights of religious groups.

In exchange, the Mormon church wants gay rights advocates -- and the government -- to back off."

Sounds more like they'll give LGBT rights to LGBT up to the point some reliigon wants to discriminate then it's suddenly back to religious freedom. But isn't that always how it's gonna be? No one except religious people ever oppose such things, so the opposition's always going to have a religious freedom issue.
They will work it out in Utah. Much of the LGBT community is embedded in the culture with LDS family and friends.

Who'da thought.

That's debatable.

They will work it out in Utah. Much of the LGBT community is embedded in the culture with LDS family and friends.

Only skimmed it but something said SLC has the nation's 7th largest LGBT metro population. mormonsdiscussion.com think it was. Ya, here it is,

Salt Lake City has the 7th highest LGBT community of the top 50 metro areas in the U.S. or roughly near 5% of the population."
Mormon Discussions • View topic - Salt Lake City elects first Lesbian mayor EVER *&* gay city councilman!

An LDS spokesperson referred a question on Bikupski’s candidacy to the Mormon policy on political neutrality, which says the church is neutral on matters of politics in all nations where it is established.
This is a Lie.

Mormons say that there will be a Constitutional Crisis in America and that a Mormon Leader will swoop in and save the country.
just to correct you it says,"the constitution of the US will hang by a thread and the Elders of Israel will save it."
My Dad made an in depth study of it. And had gobs of info on it. But I've never read it.

Polygamy been outlawed since 1895 gentlemen. If yer gonna rip on the Mormons, please get yer facts straight.
Actually as early as 1862. The LDS made a deal with the feds in 1890 to save their temples, and for public and political consumption, the leadership agreed to stop it.

Most of the General Authorities, however, minus Apostle and later President Lorenzo Snow, went along happily encouraging the practice in Canada and Mexico and on international waters. And some plural marriages were performed in the states with the GAs' blessings.

Then in the Smoot Hearings in Washington DC in 1904, then President Joseph F. Smith had to admit he had been lying about the supposedly monogamous practice of the LDS. He hammered the polygamous supporters, got rid of two polygamous apostles, and made sure from 1904 all of the apostles supported a monogamous church.

Tyrone believes in plural marriage now, and I am not certain thought I think that bobblaylock, RGS, and other LDS board members accept monogamy as the law of the land.
Just for the record USMB, Jake the Fake is lying. I don't believe in plural marriage, despite my polygamous heritage.

SLC lesbian mayor-----------who gives a shit?

funny how threads like this are always started by libs in a failed attempt to "rub it in your face". Libs are obsessed with sexual perversion, wonder why that is.
hate to burst your bubble, but I'm the most right winged person on this forum. It's just that I was born and raised in Salt Lake county. Back when it was more agriculture

Who'da thought.

That's debatable.

Only skimmed it but something said SLC has the nation's 7th largest LGBT metro population. mormonsdiscussion.com think it was. Ya, here it is,

Salt Lake City has the 7th highest LGBT community of the top 50 metro areas in the U.S. or roughly near 5% of the population."
Mormon Discussions • View topic - Salt Lake City elects first Lesbian mayor EVER *&* gay city councilman!
SLC is not a violent town. I would imagine that these people feel safer here, in a peaceful loving community than say east side st. louis.

Salt Lake City is a liberal oasis in a conservative desert called Utah, it regularly has Democratic/liberal mayors. Actually it even has enough population for it's own (Dem leaning) House district. But the state legislature makes sure that never happens with gerrymandering.

Who'da thought.

The words "mormon" "LGBT" and "cult" are all synonymous. So this isn't as far out there as it seems on the surface. The polygamists stuffed quietly in the ranks of the mormon church are super happy with the church of LGBT for paving the way for "all sexual preferences to marry".

This doesn't surprise me at all. And, I won't be converting to mormonism anytime soon. Maybe the two cults will meld together and be called "The Church of Fatter Gay Taints"? :popcorn:

Who'da thought.

The words "mormon" "LGBT" and "cult" are all synonymous. So this isn't as far out there as it seems on the surface. The polygamists stuffed quietly in the ranks of the mormon church are super happy with the church of LGBT for paving the way for "all sexual preferences to marry".

This doesn't surprise me at all. And, I won't be converting to mormonism anytime soon. Maybe the two cults will meld together and be called "The Church of Fatter Gay Taints"? :popcorn:
I can sorta see where someone who has a dim view of Mormons might think that, but; in our church mtgs letters from SLC church headquarters have instructed church members no lgbt, activity of any type is to be conducted on church property. That would include marriage.

I can sorta see where someone who has a dim view of Mormons might think that, but; in our church mtgs letters from SLC church headquarters have instructed church members no lgbt, activity of any type is to be conducted on church property. That would include marriage.

Are the mormons stupid then? Because EVERY SINGLE TIME you see an "openly gay" person take an Office, they use it absolutely as weapon of activism, crushing anyone and anything that gets in the way of the LGBT machine; including the mormon church....if it dares make such a punishable statement as "gay marriage isn't condoned...". God help them if she becomes mayor and they make a friggin peep against the Church of LGBT. They will know pain at the end of her rainbow-whip.

Polygamy been outlawed since 1895 gentlemen. If yer gonna rip on the Mormons, please get yer facts straight.
Actually as early as 1862. The LDS made a deal with the feds in 1890 to save their temples, and for public and political consumption, the leadership agreed to stop it.

Most of the General Authorities, however, minus Apostle and later President Lorenzo Snow, went along happily encouraging the practice in Canada and Mexico and on international waters. And some plural marriages were performed in the states with the GAs' blessings.

Then in the Smoot Hearings in Washington DC in 1904, then President Joseph F. Smith had to admit he had been lying about the supposedly monogamous practice of the LDS. He hammered the polygamous supporters, got rid of two polygamous apostles, and made sure from 1904 all of the apostles supported a monogamous church.

Tyrone believes in plural marriage now, and I am not certain thought I think that bobblaylock, RGS, and other LDS board members accept monogamy as the law of the land.
Just for the record USMB, Jake the Fake is lying. I don't believe in plural marriage, despite my polygamous heritage.
Plygs believe that "lying for the Lord" is commendable, so I will give Ty's denial the value it deserves.

Are the mormons stupid then? Because EVERY SINGLE TIME you see an "openly gay" person take an Office, they use it absolutely as weapon of activism, crushing anyone and anything that gets in the way of the LGBT machine; including the mormon church....if it dares make such a punishable statement as "gay marriage isn't condoned...". God help them if she becomes mayor and they make a friggin peep against the Church of LGBT. They will know pain at the end of her rainbow-whip.
And I can see the opposite to. Lets see how politically savvy she is.
I will , as best I can post happenings.

Plygs believe that "lying for the Lord" is commendable, so I will give Ty's denial the value it deserves.
I'm not a polygamous, so how would I know?

Forum List

Back