Slut Or Not??

Maybe those who can't afford to buy contraceptives shouldn't enroll at pricey Jesuit or Catholic university and choose a more modestly priced university that does have that in their insurance coverage? Is that so difficult a concept?

They do it simply to force a change. LIke the gay guy who enrolls his adopted son in a pricey Catholic private school and then demands gay sensitivity training.

He wouldn't have to demand it.

I never said it did.

However, churches and religious organizations, which Georgetown is the latter, are exempt from following EEOC laws, FOR the reason that if a Catholic school wants to discriminate against an employee because their lifestyle is contrary to their teachings, the religious organization can.

For example, if a Catholic school wants to fire a pregnant woman because she is unmarried, they can and the EEOC can do shit about it.

And being exempt from some EEOC laws is exactly because of the First Amendment.

I believe the organizations' primary purpose needs to be religious for this to be true. Georgetown is first an academic institution.

1. Religious Organizations

Under Title VII, religious organizations are permitted to give employment preference to members of their own religion.[42] The exception applies only to those institutions whose “purpose and character are primarily religious.”[43] That determination is to be based on “[a]ll significant religious and secular characteristics.”[44] Although no one factor is dispositive, significant factors to consider that would indicate whether an entity is religious include:
•Do its articles of incorporation state a religious purpose?
•Are its day-to-day operations religious (e.g., are the services the entity performs, the product it produces, or the educational curriculum it provides directed toward propagation of the religion)?
•Is it not-for-profit?
•Is it affiliated with or supported by a church or other religious organization? [45]

This exception is not limited to religious activities of the organization.[46] However, it only allows religious organizations to prefer to employ individuals who share their religion.[47] The exception does not allow religious organizations otherwise to discriminate in employment on protected bases other than religion, such as race, color, national origin, sex, age, or disability.[48] Thus, a religious organization is not permitted to engage in racially discriminatory hiring by asserting that a tenet of its religious beliefs is not associating with people of other races. Similarly, a religious organization is not permitted to deny fringe benefits to married women but not to married men by asserting a religiously based view that only men can be the head of a household.

Compliance Manual Section 12 - Religious Discrimination
Let me repeat that; Catholic schools can shitcan non-married and pregnant employees without any ramification from the EEOC.

Just for example.

So, these exemptions exist exactly for the reason of protecting First Amendment rights of religious organizations. Exemptions have been done before for that protection, and they can be done again.

Georgetown is run by the Jesuits, and the primary purpose of the Jesuits is religion.

Only if the institution has a morality clause in the employment contract.

ETA: at least that is my understanding. the EEOC policy manual leaves room for discussion. Ultimately the courts seem to favor a constitutional ruling in favor the religious entity.

Last edited:
I believe the organizations' primary purpose needs to be religious for this to be true. Georgetown is first an academic institution.

Under Title VII, religious organizations are permitted to give employment preference to members of their own religion.[42] The exception applies only to those institutions whose “purpose and character are primarily religious.”[43] That determination is to be based on “[a]ll significant religious and secular characteristics.”[44] Although no one factor is dispositive, significant factors to consider that would indicate whether an entity is religious include:
•Are its day-to-day operations religious (e.g., are the services the entity performs, the product it produces, or the educational curriculum it provides directed toward propagation of the religion)?
•Is it not-for-profit?
•Is it affiliated with or supported by a church or other religious organization? [45]

Let me repeat that; Catholic schools can shitcan non-married and pregnant employees without any ramification from the EEOC.

Just for example.

So, these exemptions exist exactly for the reason of protecting First Amendment rights of religious organizations. Exemptions have been done before for that protection, and they can be done again.

Georgetown is run by the Jesuits, and the primary purpose of the Jesuits is religion.

Only if the institution has a morality clause in the employment contract.

ETA: at least that is my understanding. the EEOC policy manual leaves room for discussion. Ultimately the courts seem to favor a constitutional ruling in favor the religious entity.
Many don't have morality clauses. My understanding is different, but the courts do favor protection of religious beliefs.

And, upon inspection of how the EEOC defines religion, morality principles are included as well. So, a morality clause would seem redundant.

What is "religion" under Title VII?

(You are correct that they cannot discriminate based on sex, race, age as these are considered threshold exemptions of this exemption, though.)

Dunno if this has been posted already, but I find it rather interesting. Can we say 'astroturf' and 'manufactured scandal' boys and girls?

I thought we could.

Sandra Fluke, Gender Reassignment, and Health Insurance | MRCTV

Sandra Fluke Is Really 30 Years Old And Went to Georgetown Knowing Contraception Wasn’t Covered | Video | TheBlaze.com

Screen-Shot-2012-03-02-at-9.18.22-PM.png

Once again, ignore the man(ish looking woman) behind the curtain.

Is Rush's current wife a slut? Because dollars to donuts she used birth control and had sex with him (shudder) before they got married.
Has his wife demand the catholic (or any other church... or organization) fund her birth control to the tune of one grand a year in front of congress?

Ohhh that's right. No. She didn't. Not even before she married Rush.

:rolleyes:

Ohh I thought PC was asking if we thought she was a #### or not.

I have no comment on that since I am mostly a gentleman where lady's are concerned.

Maybe those who can't afford to buy contraceptives shouldn't enroll at pricey Jesuit or Catholic university and choose a more modestly priced university that does have that in their insurance coverage? Is that so difficult a concept?

Well, I know for a fact that churches and religions don't require a person to pay tuition.

I never said it did.

However, churches and religious organizations, which Georgetown is the latter, are exempt from following EEOC laws, FOR the reason that if a Catholic school wants to discriminate against an employee because their lifestyle is contrary to their teachings, the religious organization can.

For example, if a Catholic school wants to fire a pregnant woman because she is unmarried, they can and the EEOC can do shit about it.

And being exempt from some EEOC laws is exactly because of the First Amendment.

•Is it not-for-profit?

This exception is not limited to religious activities of the organization.[46] However, it only allows religious organizations to prefer to employ individuals who share their religion.[47] The exception does not allow religious organizations otherwise to discriminate in employment on protected bases other than religion, such as race, color, national origin, sex, age, or disability.[48] Thus, a religious organization is not permitted to engage in racially discriminatory hiring by asserting that a tenet of its religious beliefs is not associating with people of other races. Similarly, a religious organization is not permitted to deny fringe benefits to married women but not to married men by asserting a religiously based view that only men can be the head of a household.

Just for example.

But it is a university, not a religion. Religions don't require tuition is one way you can tell the difference.....

1. “Sandra Fluke Receives Call From Obama After Rush Limbaugh 'Slut' Comments” "He [Obama] encouraged me and supported me and thanked me for speaking out about the concerns of American women," Sandra Fluke Receives Call From Obama After Rush Limbaugh 'Slut' Comments

2. “Fluke, who had been turned away from the official, men-only hearing on the issue of female contraception earlier in the month, spoke mostly about the high cost of contraceptives and their importance to women's health. Limbaugh understood her remarks to mean that not only did she think she could have as much sex as she wanted, with whomever she wanted, without compromising her health or producing a baby, but that she expected honest-to-goodness, God-fearing Americans like him to pick up the tab for it.” Rush Limbaugh's Sandra Fluke slander | Sadhbh Walshe | Comment is free | guardian.co.uk

3. slut (sl t). n. 1. a. A person, especially a woman, considered sexually promiscuoushttp://www.thefreedictionary.com/slut

4. The title of the OP is, by definition, proven. But the question is, why is this front page news”?

a. The Obama administration will do anything to get his string of failures out of the news. http://www.nytimes.com/2012/03/02/u...ded-on-birth-control-coverage-poll-finds.html

b. The hallmark of liberalism is the need to erase any criticism of personal behavior.

5. This is a grave error for society. Silence falls under the view of “TACIT APPROVAL AND LATENT COMPLICITY.”
If one is silent about bad behavior, one is agreeing to same.

6. In his new book, “Coming Apart,” Charles Murray decries the change in societal attitude that he calles “ecumenical niceness”…don’t fight, share toys, take turns….and never, ever be judgmental! As a result, the upper cultural class, which has stabilized by returning to more traditional ways, survives, yet these individuals will not criticize the behaviors which are destroying the lower cultural class.

a. Ms. Fluke’s championing of the need for promiscuity is a case in point. The dogs of war have been released...attack the critic of poor behavior!

b. It is hardly shocking to see another Democrat-liberal President champion this decline in values.

c. The cultural upper-class looks at this situation, and, for the most part, simply shakes its head. Silently. Murray writes “The elites must preach what they practice.” The time is long past when the adults should consider if this Fluke-Obama agenda is the right one for America.
d. …..and make it’s opinion known:

Preach what they practice.
The water-cooler is the venue for this battle in the culture war!

What a slutty post.

•Is it not-for-profit?

Just for example.

But it is a university, not a religion. Religions don't require tuition is one way you can tell the difference.....
It's a university run by a religious organization.

Sorry for your confusion.

Sorry bout that,

1. She is ofcourse a slut, using the pill as a single women, would mean she is bumping the fur.
2. Rush said it straight, and the PC police came out cracking heads.
3. Same old shit, and the fools always fall for it.

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

The guy is married to his fourth wife, was dealing drugs by sending his maid to get extra prescriptions of oxy, got off by pulling political strings in FL and makes millions every year. Typical Republican.

Democrats have sex and brag about it
Republicans have sex and lie about it

Dunno if this has been posted already, but I find it rather interesting. Can we say 'astroturf' and 'manufactured scandal' boys and girls?

I thought we could.

Sandra Fluke Is Really 30 Years Old And Went to Georgetown Knowing Contraception Wasn’t Covered | Video | TheBlaze.com

She made El Rushbo say those dirty words!
Oh poor baby. Where's your outrage towards Maher and saying things he had about Sarah Palin for laughs?

Religious colleges ought to make up their minds if they want secular students or not.
Secular students ought to decide if they want to abide by the host's rules or not when they go to that house.
And what of St's like YOU:eek:

The Right says, "Keep the Government Out of Our Business"

Of course they make exceptions for religion, patriot acts, gays in the military, women's contraceptives, immigration, voting rights, etc. Right now they have pushed this goddam picture ID requirement for voting as far as a poll tax.

I thought we could.

She made El Rushbo say those dirty words!
Oh poor baby. Where's your outrage towards Maher and saying things he had about Sarah Palin for laughs?

Wow. That goalpost moved!

Forum List

Back