Small Dreams

[MENTION=42916]Derideo_Te[/MENTION]

"People might not get all they work for in this world, but they must certainly work for all they get."

-Frederick Douglass

You speak of roadblocks, Derideo, but as I see it, the government has placed them there. Government serves as the one biggest impediment to this dream than anything else. One other thing-- I know what it's like to be poor, I earn no money, and my grandmother is living barely above the poverty line. I have a unique perspective on this that a lot of other people don't. I don't rely on my government to provide for me. I'd rather not strap a ball and chain to my ankle and call it a blessing, Derideo.

I don't assume that, with nearly 50 million people on Food Stamps, billions in welfare being handed out annually without an end in sight, that people are on a path to the American Dream. It's not "magical thinking", it's real. Just what did people do before these programs were introduced? They sought out a better future, not an entitlement. There was real motivation for someone to better themselves.

And that is magical thinking on YOUR part. Despite these programs, there is widespread poverty and rampant crime due to desperation in America. You fail to understand that these programs don't reach everyone. You paint such a dark picture, but in some cases in this day and age, the picture for those living in squalor here in America is even darker. Your type of alarmism is quite effective on those who are prone to believe it.

I was a janitor in 2012, I made enough money to rent out a place if I wanted, move out of my grandmother's home and venture out, but I decided I'd take care of my grandmother with what little money I earned. Living in poverty Derideo, meant that I was taught how to use my money. Stretch my dollar. Prosperity comes when government leaves. Prosperity comes when self reliance comes, and dependence leaves.

And in the early 1980's Reagan raised taxes, he suffered through 1982 with record low approval ratings and soaring unemployment rates. His war on Communism was putting people in the poorhouse. The proof here is that raising taxes was not always a viable solution in a recessive economy. As is now. When he introduced supply side economics, the economy boomed. He lowered taxes and cut entitlements. He encouraged prosperity over dependency. From then on he managed to create 15.6 million jobs during his presidency. What I don't see you mentioning is the common man. You want teachers and police officers, but not manufacturers, architects, engineers, and sales jobs. All the jobs must come from the government. How sad.

So, why this war on success? With the Bush tax cuts, the wealthy paid more than anyone else. These class warfare memes are getting old. They paid 37% then, 39% now. You want to bring people out of poverty, but punish them should they actually manage to make it in life. That isn't fair.

The American Dream requires that a man be able to shape his own destiny, make his own way, and that government be limited. I get really tired of the liberal talking points. Raising taxes to sate a spending habit? Spending is the problem Derideo! It's like a man diagnosed with cancer continuing to smoke although it will kill him quicker. Government excess IS the problem! People don't deserve benefits they don't earn. Hell, I was taught my entire life not to live on handouts. I don't. The poor are poor, some through no fault of their own, but others due to their inability to manage money, or relying on a nominal income from the government rather than looking for a job.

This dream where people depend on the government is not a dream, it is a lamb being led to slaughter. You want prosperity? Get out of the way. Let man rediscover his ingenuitive spirit. Let him know more than mere dependence. Let him take advantage of his potential.

You are blaming government and ignoring reality.

This nation prospered when there were government programs helping hardworking Americans and corporations paying living wages and benefits. It failed to prosper when tax rates were cut and wars of indulgence were waged. When regulations were gutted the economy has collapsed. These facts are indisputable.

There is no point in taking this any further because your mind is already convinced that you are right and no amount of facts will change it.

Actually, I am not the one promoting the problem over the solution.

The nation prospered before there were government programs. It was only after the recession when we needed them. They weren't meant to last this long.

But hey, it's not like you to run off. Reagan eased regulations and the economy exploded. Want proof? Close to the end of his term, those living in poverty was a record low 1.2%. All because of deregulation. GDP grew almost 24%. The rich paid more and the poor paid less. The CATO institute in 1996 deduced that the US Economy performed better under than before or after tenure in office.

Median Family Income skyrocketed:

rrfig02.gif

Unemployment rates sunk like a stone:

rrfig03.gif

And Inflation Dwindled:

rrfig05.gif

There have been government programs since the inception of this nation, TK.

It was the government that purchased the Louisianna Territory and it was a government programs that subsidized the populating of the West. The government subsidized farms, water projects, the railroads, electricity, mining and other programs throughout the 1st century of it's establishment.

That you know about none of this is why you believe in a myth rather than reality.

No, you came on too hypocritical. Are you still jobless and living with your grandmother?

Yes?

Then stfu and get a job, you mooching leech.

Funny, especially coming from a liberal. You want people to take advantage of these programs but neglect to tell them how to sever the umbilical and venture out on their own.

In short, you push entitlement programs, encourage laziness and apathy but are telling me to get a job and stop mooching. Oh what a tangled web of double standards we weave.

So, it's the fault of liberals that you don't know how to make it on your own?

Do you wingnuts ever take any personal responsibility?

Do you moonbats take responsibility? No. You blame Bush, blame Republicans, call people racist, bigoted, misogynistic, or homophobic. You lied about Benghazi, couldn't place actual blame where it belonged, and you want to know why you get all the blame here?

When you assume responsibility, you are responsible. When Obama assumed control over America, he took upon himself the problems therein. Five years later, he has done nothing. He took his responsibility and shirked it. When you can manage to elect presidents who take responsibility for their failures, you can complain, but not before.

No, you have a job whilst encouraging entitlement, laziness and apathy? Wait what?

Besides, I'm not the only one:

Going on 30, Living With Mom and Dad - Bloomberg

I honestly couldn't care less about who you live with. You do what you need to do to get by. I just find it to be quite ironic that you come on here and tell us all how evil liberal policies encourage laziness and don't give you the tools needed to survive in the real world; yet, you don't work and you don't live on your own. And now you want to blame liberal policies for your OWN problems? Give me a break.

You'll live. If you had a rebuttal, you'd have already presented it by now. But with comments like "at least I don't live with my grandmother", it shows me you care a bit too much about who I live with.

Such a raw display of emotion, but no argument.

I have an argument. Did you not read it? You're a fucking hypocrite. That's my argument. And apparently you're a whiner who doesn't take personal responsibility, since you just blamed liberal policies for the situation you're in.

Oh and I wouldn't have known that you live with your grandmother and have no job if you hadn't advertised it on USMB.

Funny, especially coming from a liberal. You want people to take advantage of these programs but neglect to tell them how to sever the umbilical and venture out on their own.

In short, you push entitlement programs, encourage laziness and apathy but are telling me to get a job and stop mooching. Oh what a tangled web of double standards we weave.

Do you moonbats take responsibility? No. You blame Bush, blame Republicans, call people racist, bigoted, misogynistic, or homophobic. You lied about Benghazi, couldn't place actual blame where it belonged, and you want to know why you get all the blame here?

When you assume responsibility, you are responsible. When Obama assumed control over America, he took upon himself the problems therein. Five years later, he has done nothing. He took his responsibility and shirked it. When you can manage to elect presidents who take responsibility for their failures, you can complain, but not before.

Yeah yeah yeah, junior. When are YOU going to take responsibility and stop blaming liberals for your situation?

Too much welfare and other entitlements is disincentivizing people's desire to work?

You really think that's true? Then why are scenes like this common nowadays - hundreds and hundreds of people lining up,

just to try to get a job at a Walmart?

51789-eight.jpg

Hundreds of job seekers line up for Walmart positions | 89.3 KPCC

...they were lining up for 65 jobs.
you assholes let 20, million illegals come here, and steal American jobs, and you want them to stay - fuck you, and the rest of you anti american assholes! Welfare should be abolished!

Why would you lie about my point of view? What purpose does that serve?

Project much J.E.R.K?

Project? I have a job. I don't live with my grandmother. I pay taxes.

No, you have a job whilst encouraging entitlement, laziness and apathy? Wait what?

Besides, I'm not the only one:

Going on 30, Living With Mom and Dad - Bloomberg

You are an insane young punk. No wonder you don't have a job. Me and the other posters who do pay taxes, pay YOU to sit on your ass and call yourself a "caregiver" for your job title. You know, grandmas' Social Security check. What's that job pay? You say 24 dollars? Is that for the month?

You're overpaid.
LMAO.

When you blamed Obama/liberals and the post man for you being unemployed, lazy and dumb, that was to fucking much. It's all on you dude.

Even your right winger buddies are shaking their heads.

You are blaming government and ignoring reality.

This nation prospered when there were government programs helping hardworking Americans and corporations paying living wages and benefits. It failed to prosper when tax rates were cut and wars of indulgence were waged. When regulations were gutted the economy has collapsed. These facts are indisputable.

There is no point in taking this any further because your mind is already convinced that you are right and no amount of facts will change it.

The nation prospered before there were government programs. It was only after the recession when we needed them. They weren't meant to last this long.

But hey, it's not like you to run off. Reagan eased regulations and the economy exploded. Want proof? Close to the end of his term, those living in poverty was a record low 1.2%. All because of deregulation. GDP grew almost 24%. The rich paid more and the poor paid less. The CATO institute in 1996 deduced that the US Economy performed better under than before or after tenure in office.

rrfig02.gif

rrfig03.gif

And Inflation Dwindled:

rrfig05.gif

It was the government that purchased the Louisiana Territory and it was a government programs that subsidized the populating of the West. The government subsidized farms, water projects, the railroads, electricity, mining and other programs throughout the 1st century of it's establishment.

That you know about none of this is why you believe in a myth rather than reality.

Government has it's perks yes, but then it has drawbacks. You'd much rather there be only perks, and ignore the drawbacks. I would much rather you stop insulting me now, Derideo, it's obvious you don't have a substantive argument.

"Government isn't the solution to the problem, government is the problem."

-Ronald Reagan

Also, the first vestiges of Government existed thousands of years ago, beginning with the Ur Nammu, 4060 years ago in 2047 BC. But as far as I know, they didn't rely on entitlement programs to prosper.

Yeah yeah yeah, junior. When are YOU going to take responsibility and stop blaming liberals for your situation?

When they pass Jobs legislation?

I honestly couldn't care less about who you live with. You do what you need to do to get by. I just find it to be quite ironic that you come on here and tell us all how evil liberal policies encourage laziness and don't give you the tools needed to survive in the real world; yet, you don't work and you don't live on your own. And now you want to blame liberal policies for your OWN problems? Give me a break.

You'll live. If you had a rebuttal, you'd have already presented it by now. But with comments like "at least I don't live with my grandmother", it shows me you care a bit too much about who I live with.

I have an argument. Did you not read it? You're a fucking hypocrite. That's my argument. And apparently you're a whiner who doesn't take personal responsibility, since you just blamed liberal policies for the situation you're in.

Oh and I wouldn't have known that you live with your grandmother and have no job if you hadn't advertised it on USMB.

"You are a fucking hypocrite" is not an argument. Next!

When they pass Jobs legislation?

Damn you are pathetic

It is when yours is: I don't work because liberal policies don't give me the tools to make it. Stop blaming others and get a job, moocher.

It is when yours is: I don't work because liberal policies don't give me the tools to make it. Stop blaming others and get a job, moocher.

And you call me pathetic.

I didn't know that Templar lived off the government and yet wanted to cut it off. Doesn't make a ounce of sense.

SSI, SSD, and the safety net are good things that have helped people greatly. I'll fight to the death for the private sector as it gives people a chance to make it big but you'd have to be insane to want to go back to pre-new deal.

rrfig02.gif

rrfig03.gif

And Inflation Dwindled:

rrfig05.gif

It was the government that purchased the Louisiana Territory and it was a government programs that subsidized the populating of the West. The government subsidized farms, water projects, the railroads, electricity, mining and other programs throughout the 1st century of it's establishment.

Government has it's perks yes, but then it has drawbacks. You'd much rather there be only perks, and ignore the drawbacks. I would much rather you stop insulting me now, Derideo, it's obvious you don't have a substantive argument.

"Government isn't the solution to the problem, government is the problem."

-Ronald Reagan

Also, the first vestiges of Government existed thousands of years ago, beginning with the Ur Nammu, 4060 years ago in 2047 BC. But as far as I know, they didn't rely on entitlement programs to prosper.

Reagan was union organizer, a peacenik, an appeaser, he cut & ran from the terrorists that murdered 200 marines while he funded Al Queda, he was a big spender and he grew the government like never before. He also provided amnesty to illegal aliens. Oh, and as far as those "tax cuts" of his went, he reversed all of them.

The Roman Empire prospered while it relied upon entitlements, TK. Free daily bread and water and circuses for entertainment of the masses.

Forum List

Back