Smith trying to get Trump convicted before election, says Attorney Jonathan Turley

This blows me away

But why should it? I should be used to the childish, un-American, demonic, anti-Christ BS of the left.

from site

If the justices get involved, they would have an opportunity to rule for the first time on whether ex-presidents enjoy immunity from prosecution. Justice Department policy prohibits the indictment of a sitting president.

Elsewhere from site:

Trump lawyers, meanwhile, have said he cannot be charged for actions that fell within his official duties as president — a claim that prosecutors have vigorously rejected.

Comment:

It says "Trump cannot be charged for actions that fell within his official duties as president."

isn't it part of a president's duties to uphold the Constitution?

Election laws were violated in the last election, laws written in the US Constitution which states that the state legislators have control over election places, times and procedures. Yet, last time, governors and others usurped the state legislatures.
Absolutely he is, and good for him.

You liberals suck up lies like a milkshake through a straw

you love lies

But there is a Lake of Fire where all liars end up.. lasts forever.

Ok. What is a lie? Are you saying that Trump did not have those classified documents he was not supposed to have?

This blows me away

But why should it? I should be used to the childish, un-American, demonic, anti-Christ BS of the left.

from site

If the justices get involved, they would have an opportunity to rule for the first time on whether ex-presidents enjoy immunity from prosecution. Justice Department policy prohibits the indictment of a sitting president.

Elsewhere from site:

Trump lawyers, meanwhile, have said he cannot be charged for actions that fell within his official duties as president — a claim that prosecutors have vigorously rejected.

Comment:

It says "Trump cannot be charged for actions that fell within his official duties as president."

Election laws were violated in the last election, laws written in the US Constitution which states that the state legislators have control over election places, times and procedures. Yet, last time, governors and others usurped the state legislatures.

That is a total lie. No election laws were violated. State governments have power not state legislatures. The state courts have a right to interpret state constitutions. The US Constitution states that the federal government can regulate federal elections. Yet a right wing, fascist Supreme Court has ignored this and attacked the Voting Rights Act.

No liberal ever reacts to that little factoid mentioned by yours truly in OP

namely that the US Constitution says that it is the state legislatures that have control over election places, laws, rules and procedures, yet governors and others usurped that role in the last election, thereby violating the US Constitution they swore to uphold.

IMO

case freaking closed

The left is saying in effect that Trump (or any president) should not have an interest in trying to prevent the above from happening or doing anything to ameliorate the situation when it does happen-- not only in 2020 but ever again.

What a bunch of sicko, un-American, criminal-minded *&^%$

FASCISTS

And the taxpayers have to fund these creeps :oops:

The case is not closed. State governments have power not state legislatures.

Of course he wants to complete the trial before the election. What prosecutor wouldn't? It avoids a constitutional crisis.

And of course he wants to convict Trump. He is the prosecutor.

Not news.

Of course he wants to complete the trial before the election. What prosecutor wouldn't? It avoids a constitutional crisis.

And of course he wants to convict Trump. He is the prosecutor.

Not news.
Yet another Dimwinger admitting this is political.

And of course he wants to convict Trump. He is the prosecutor. Not news.
What Constitutional crisis? That Trump could pardon himself?
No worries, the USSC will toss the bullshit charges in short order.

You can bitch and moan about Ms Clinton if that is what you need to do.

Trump, who lost in 2020 and couldn't handle it, is facing 91 felony count, and his sniveling about it might get his cult wee wee'd up, but he'll still have to deal with the American justice system.

You're flailing.
😆

What Constitutional crisis? That Trump could pardon himself?
No worries, the USSC will toss the bullshit charges in short order.

You missed the point of the thread. The RW is outraged that Smith has asked the Supreme Court to decide if Trump has automatic immunity.

You missed the point of the thread. The RW is outraged that Smith has asked the Supreme Court to decide if Trump has automatic immunity.
1. The RW is not as "outraged" as the MSM is delighted that Smith wants to get the trial done before the election. What the MSM is now regretting is that the USSC can toss all of Smith's charges.

2. Chutkin just put the trial on hold until after all of the appeals have been decided. So the trial is not gonna happen before the election.

So Smith just shot his cases in the ass, oooops.

1. The RW is not as "outraged" as the MSM is delighted that Smith wants to get the trial done before the election. What the MSM is now regretting is that the USSC can toss all of Smith's charges.

2. Chutkin just put the trial on hold until after all of the appeals have been decided. So the trial is not gonna happen before the election.

So Smith just shot his cases in the ass, oooops.

So you want Trump faced with questions about this all every time he is interviewed? Half of the debates will be Trump’s pending charges. What can he say? If I am elected they all go away?

If you want the narrative to be. “Former President Trump running for the Presidency again once again claimed it was all a conspiracy that he was charged. We go now to legal analysis who will explain in detail how Donald Trump is guilty of these crimes.”

Works for me.

So you want Trump faced with questions about this all every time he is interviewed? Half of the debates will be Trump’s pending charges. What can he say? If I am elected they all go away?

If you want the narrative to be. “Former President Trump running for the Presidency again once again claimed it was all a conspiracy that he was charged. We go now to legal analysis who will explain in detail how Donald Trump is guilty of these crimes.” Works for me.
1. The biased MSM can ask Trump any questions they want, Trump will give them answers. How about "the legal process will unfold as it unfolds".

2. What "debates"? I think there will be no presidential debates. Joe Biden is wayyyyyyyy too senile to do a real debate. What pending charges? They might all disappear. If they don't they will, duh.

3. The MSM can broadcast fake news all day and all night like they always have. We'll be watching FNC and real news about PRESIDENT TRUMP. Works for us.

This blows me away

from site

Elsewhere from site:

Comment:

Well, that's a no brainer. Of course he does. Of course pretty much all Democrats do.

1. The biased MSM can ask Trump any questions they want, Trump will give them answers. How about "the legal process will unfold as it unfolds".

2. What "debates"? I think there will be no presidential debates. Joe Biden is wayyyyyyyy too senile to do a real debate. What pending charges? They might all disappear. If they don't they will, duh.

3. The MSM can broadcast fake news all day and all night like they always have. We'll be watching FNC and real news about PRESIDENT TRUMP. Works for us.

So what news is fake? Are you saying Trump didn’t have classified documents in his possession in violation of the Espionage Act?

Are you saying that Trump did not cause fake electors to be selected in Georgia and provided with fraudulent documentation?

What about those is a lie?

So what news is fake? Are you saying Trump didn’t have classified documents in his possession in violation of the Espionage Act?

Are you saying that Trump did not cause fake electors to be selected in Georgia and provided with fraudulent documentation?

What about those is a lie?
1. Biden had more classified docs in his possession and no one is batting an eye even though he had no right to steal them. Trump at least has the "excuse" that he declassified all of them before he took them. Or, that they were packed by some "careless" person.
Barr said that Trump is in legal trouble, so we'll see what happens. Maybe Trump can pardon himself next January?

2. I don't know the GA case against Trump. I do know that the NYC case by Letitia James and the GA case by Fani Willis were both shameless political hit jobs by corrupt prosecutors. So here is Jonathan Turley's take on it:

Turley Explains Where Fani Willis’ Case Seems To ‘Break Down’ Against Trump​

Ok. What is a lie? Are you saying that Trump did not have those classified documents he was not supposed to have?
when you are outraged by briben having Classifieds LONG before he was president (which is ILLEGAL)

I will concern myself with your lousy, not-based-on-fact opinions.

Forum List

Back