SNAP (food stamps) should be restricted to rice, flour, rolled oats, and sugar

It's a good deal here in DC 20 to 25 cents on the dollar.....

Yeah sounds like you are the one buying them and committing fraud. You should be locked up and lose all government benefits and be forced to pay them all back.
Awwww......disenchanted snowflake.....

Awww disillusionnal fake.
Non altruistic and proud of it....give it a try snowflake.....

Yeah, and I hope one day when you are in need, someone gives you a shit sandwich like the fucking cop did to that homeless man. That's what you deserve, and you are a fucking number one example of the type of person that should be the target in this country, not the poor and hungry.
In a rugged individualist.....I would live on beans and rice if need be....while you would perish.....

I hope you go beyond snowflake one day, but I have my doubts....

Yeah sounds like you are the one buying them and committing fraud. You should be locked up and lose all government benefits and be forced to pay them all back.

Yeah, and I hope one day when you are in need, someone gives you a shit sandwich like the fucking cop did to that homeless man. That's what you deserve, and you are a fucking number one example of the type of person that should be the target in this country, not the poor and hungry.
In a rugged individualist.....I would live on beans and rice if need be....while you would perish.....

You aren't shit. You are a pathetic excuse for a human being and I hope you get a fucking disease that eats you from the inside out. I'd wish you have a heart attack, but it's pretty fucking obvious you have no heart. You talk a big game... but fucking anyone that has paid attention to your posts knows you were born with a silver spoon in your mouth and haven't had to go through one ounce of adversity your entire life. You think because you went to a private school you are better than other people, that in itself says everything anyone would ever need to know about you. So the jig is up, quit trying to act like a tough guy, everyone knows better.

Don't gimme any crap about how poor people need a balanced diet. As it is these snappers spend all this money on junk food. A diet of staples will be better for them. And MUCH cheaper for the taxpayers. Eating just those 4 staples, a person can live on a dollar a day.

Pellagra.
Rickets.

Diabetes.
Obesity.

You can avoid diabetes and obesity with a more varied diet then you present.

You misunderstand me. I'm saying diabetes and obesity are caused mainly by eating junk food and a diet of staples will prevent the two syndromes.

I have nothing against giving vouchers for certain foods like the old days....rice, beans, puffed wheat, prunes & raisins, milk, cheese, butter, canned meats, etc. What I cant stand is the big white women with skinny black boyfriends buying junk.

Why not leave the poor the fuck alone?

And while you're at it let them smoke pot so they can go to sleep feeling a little better.

How does a poor person afford weed? Ya got money for dope, ya got money for food.

Hey dipshit, the majority of people on SNAP are working families with children, not dope heads. Learn your stats and quit relying on bullshit propaganda.

Hey asshat, I never said any such thing. My comment was regarding his comment that we should just let them smoke dope.

Try reading.... and comprehending before you go off half-cocked.

You aren't shit. You are a pathetic excuse for a human being and I hope you get a fucking disease that eats you from the inside out. I'd wish you have a heart attack, but it's pretty fucking obvious you have no heart. You talk a big game... but fucking anyone that has paid attention to your posts knows you were born with a silver spoon in your mouth and haven't had to go through one ounce of adversity your entire life. You think because you went to a private school you are better than other people, that in itself says everything anyone would ever need to know about you. So the jig is up, quit trying to act like a tough guy, everyone knows better.

Christ, you are one nasty person.

I have nothing against giving vouchers for certain foods like the old days....rice, beans, puffed wheat, prunes & raisins, milk, cheese, butter, canned meats, etc. What I cant stand is the big white women with skinny black boyfriends buying junk.

My father (now 85 years old) admitted that they were on welfare when he was a kid. Welfare was pulling your red wagon to the fire station five miles away. They would fill it with fruits and vegetables. Then you would pull your red wagon back to the house and help feed the family.

I call it like I see them. When fucking people born with a silver spoon in their mouth want to do nothing but pick on the poor and hungry, they need a karma slap to the face. You can't fucking judge other's until you have been in the same position they have. It's fucking obvious being nice to a person like Owebo is a waste of time, the only thing he understands is hate. And I can honestly say there is very few people in the world I hate, but people like Owebo are those people.

Don't gimme any crap about how poor people need a balanced diet. As it is these snappers spend all this money on junk food. A diet of staples will be better for them. And MUCH cheaper for the taxpayers. Eating just those 4 staples, a person can live on a dollar a day.

Pellagra.
Rickets.

Diabetes.
Obesity.

You misunderstand me. I'm saying diabetes and obesity are caused mainly by eating junk food and a diet of staples will prevent the two syndromes.

No, that's unfounded. The truth is they don't know what causes diabetes. The problem with obesity today is entertainment. People used to go out and get involved in physical exercise years ago. Today, kids play baseball, football, soccer, and even pool on their video games while munching a bag of super buttered popcorn.

I call it like I see them. When fucking people born with a silver spoon in their mouth want to do nothing but pick on the poor and hungry, they need a karma slap to the face. You can't fucking judge other's until you have been in the same position they have. It's fucking obvious being nice to a person like Owebo is a waste of time, the only thing he understands is hate. And I can honestly say there is very few people in the world I hate, but people like Owebo are those people.

You shouldn't hate anyone. A very wise man once said that hating is liking taking poison daily and hoping the other person dies.

Pellagra.
Rickets.

Diabetes.
Obesity.

Pellagra.
Rickets.

Diabetes.
Obesity.

Rice, flour, rolled oats and surgar would not prevent that though. A diet high in fresh fruits and vegtables, lean meat would be better...

Pellagra.
Rickets.

Diabetes.
Obesity.

No, that's unfounded. The truth is they don't know what causes diabetes. The problem with obesity today is entertainment. People used to go out and get involved in physical exercise years ago. Today, kids play baseball, football, soccer, and even pool on their video games while munching a bag of super buttered popcorn.

Obesity is a combination of things but lack of activity and easy availability of cheap unhealthy food is a big part. Do kids play outside anymore?

My father (now 85 years old) admitted that they were on welfare when he was a kid. Welfare was pulling your red wagon to the fire station five miles away. They would fill it with fruits and vegetables. Then you would pull your red wagon back to the house and help feed the family.

Funny you should say that my 90 year old grandmother told me they took a sleigh with a rope to their school and picked up the "surplus food" it was called. They got so much for each family member.

You shouldn't hate anyone. A very wise man once said that hating is liking taking poison daily and hoping the other person dies.

Yes, I should hate people like him. This world would be better off if a bus driver lost control one day and splattered him all over the pavement... and that is one of the nicest ways I'd like to see him go.

Ignorant ass OP aside, I sort of agree with his overall point. Food stamps should only be effective for buying REAL FOOD. The problem is that grocery stores are actually a nutritional nightmare by design, chock full of bullshit food products, food-like substances, and calorically rich/nutritionally poor food "products" packaged in pretty boxes. You really gotta avoid the entire middle of the store and only shop around the edges where the produce and meat sections are.

Other folks are making the point that they likely wouldn't know how to cook with the real ingredients from scratch -- and they are 100% correct as well. I propose a basic food cooking class for those on food stamps that actually teach them how to cook. We are a culture of idiots and buffoons who's idea of cooking consists of putting some package in a microwave. Corporate food will destroy us all eventually, we'll all be too fucking fat to even walk into a grocery store.

Yes, I should hate people like him. This world would be better off if a bus driver lost control one day and splattered him all over the pavement... and that is one of the nicest ways I'd like to see him go.

That's about a fucked up as it gets... seriously.

And it won't be something everyone goes and gets. Only people who really need it will go get it.

Fruits and vegetables for sure.

Omg! Republicans should only allow foods Michelle Obama approved of! What could us libs say?

That's about a fucked up as it gets... seriously.

If Owebo is anything in real life like he is on here, he might be one of the worst human beings I have ever encountered in my 40 years of life. And I've worked in a prison and met some really fucked up people, including Donald Harvey, the serial killer known as the Angel of Death. I've literally met murders that have better morals than he does.

Forum List

Back