So, a Constitutional Convention is now a "threat to Democracy'

Bootney Lee Farnsworth

Diamond Member
Aug 15, 2017
So, why are they talking about shit that will "never happen"?
Because people love fiction. The most successful news sources spin great fictions. A new constitutional convention is an entertaining fiction for a lot of people. Same as the National Popular Vote movement. That pops up in the news sometimes too when enough people show interest in that fiction.

Because people love fiction. The most successful news sources spin great fictions. A new constitutional convention is an entertaining fiction for a lot of people. Same as the National Popular Vote movement. That pops up in the news sometimes too when enough people show interest in that fiction.

Fiction? You mean like the J6 "Insurrection"?

Fiction? You mean like the J6 "Insurrection"?
I've never cared about that. But there are obviously laws against breaching security, property damage, violence, stealing, etc. It's not hard to avoid choosing to do engage in those things.

A Constitutional Convention is the worst idea since a KKK appointee to the Supreme Court by FDR justified incarcerating American citizens in concentration camps.

A Constitutional Convention is the worst idea since a KKK appointee to the Supreme Court by FDR justified incarcerating American citizens in concentration camps.

Why?

Anything they recommend in the way of amending the Constitution would still need ratification by three-fourths of the States.

You know you're doing something right when ABC and Russ Feingold are bitching about it.

Let's do this!
"Yeah...(in my best Lumberg impression), I don't think there's a chance that happening since 2/3rds of the states will need to agree to get together for that. I'm gonna need you stop talking about that, because it isn't going to happen".

"Yeah...(in my best Lumberg impression), I don't think there's a chance that happening since 2/3rds of the states will need to agree to get together for that. I'm gonna need you stop talking about that, because it isn't going to happen".
Then, why is Russ Frankenfeigold pissing his pants about it?

Pretty much.....If there was ever a case to be made for "careful what you wish for" it's a Constitutional Convention.

Folks should do some research before even bringing it up.....It's not 1787 anymore.

Pretty much.....If there was ever a case to be made for "careful what you wish for" it's a Constitutional Convention.

Folks should do some research before even bringing it up.....It's not 1787 anymore.
It's the fastest way to break up this bullshit union with war.

Then, why is Russ Frankenfeigold pissing his pants about it?
No one is pissing in their pants right now...well, maybe except Trump. By my hasty count, the red leaning states that would call for a convention make up about 40-45%. The rest?...wouldn't happen.
Now, while this former Senator is right to call attention to the extreme ways the alt-right is moving this country, it would take an act of God to call a Constitutional convention. Individual rights and freedoms..could
be achieved and guaranteed by electing DEMOCRAT governors, state legislators, Representatives, and Senators.

No one is pissing in their pants right now...well, maybe except Trump. By my hasty count, the red leaning states that would call for a convention make up about 40-45%. The rest?...wouldn't happen.
Now, while this former Senator is right to call attention to the extreme ways the alt-right is moving this country, it would take an act of God to call a Constitutional convention. Individual rights and freedoms..could
be achieved and guaranteed by electing DEMOCRAT governors, state legislators, Representatives, and Senators.

R.d91889ae4cfc892326e6a4ccb13da462

Fitting that you post a gif that perfectly sums up not only the previous administration, but also the right wing, conservatism, and the present state of your belief system.
Yep, you lost your brains. I can't believe I'm saying it, but DEMOCRATS are actually the champions of individual freedoms and liberties. :auiqs.jpg:

Forum List

Back