So actually a shattered wall took out the Dallas Shooter

martybegan

Diamond Member
Apr 5, 2010
From the link:

How police used robot, explosives to take out Dallas sniper

Eventually, the robot was maneuvered behind a “brick wall” with the suspect on the other side, the chief says. The robot was carrying the one pound payload, ready to be detonated.

The C-4 would likely be placed as close to the wall by the robot as possible for full effect, and quietly moved behind the wall so the sniper wouldn’t notice. If the police could do that, they could likely take out their attacker.

“A pound of C-4 is a lot” if its detonated inside a building, Barnett says. “It can do a lot more damage to the human body in an enclosed space than outside in the open air.”

“There are two things that’ll kill you with explosives,” Barnett says. “You have over pressure and fragmentation.”

So basically they used the C-4 to shatter the wall, and that's what took the guy out.

Pretty ingenious actually. And even if the bomb didn't kill him, it would probably stun the crap out of him, and created a breach point for the officers.[/QUOTE]

From the link:

How police used robot, explosives to take out Dallas sniper

Eventually, the robot was maneuvered behind a “brick wall” with the suspect on the other side, the chief says. The robot was carrying the one pound payload, ready to be detonated.

The C-4 would likely be placed as close to the wall by the robot as possible for full effect, and quietly moved behind the wall so the sniper wouldn’t notice. If the police could do that, they could likely take out their attacker.

“A pound of C-4 is a lot” if its detonated inside a building, Barnett says. “It can do a lot more damage to the human body in an enclosed space than outside in the open air.”

“There are two things that’ll kill you with explosives,” Barnett says. “You have over pressure and fragmentation.”

So basically they used the C-4 to shatter the wall, and that's what took the guy out.

Pretty ingenious actually. And even if the bomb didn't kill him, it would probably stun the crap out of him, and created a breach point for the officers.
[/QUOTE]
I was wondering why he didn't see it coming. That answers the question.

The objective is not to KILL suspects. Its to bring them into custody. You morons who think it's a good idea to let cops act as judge, jury, executioners arengoing tonseriiusly regret your stupidity in the very near future.

The objective is not to KILL suspects. Its to bring them into custody. You morons who think it's a good idea to let cops act as judge, jury, executioners arengoing tonseriiusly regret your stupidity in the very near future.
They negotiated with him for hours and killed him when negotiations broke down. That's what SWAT does if a suspect won't surrender peacefully and poses a continuing threat. I have no problem with how it was handled.

Yes I know what they do. They kill people. Often they kill the wrong people. It has nothing to do with the degree of threat...that guy wasn't posing a threat.

they fulfill the same role the SS fulfilled for the.nazis. Mindless fucking killers.

Yes I know what they do. They kill people. Often they kill the wrong people. It has nothing to do with the degree of threat...that guy wasn't posing a threat.

they fulfill the same role the SS fulfilled for the.nazis. Mindless fucking killers.
Ok, I'm with you on CPS kidnapping, but are you seriously defending the shooter here?

Ok, I'm with you on CPS kidnapping, but are you seriously defending the shooter here?
I'm defending due process, and I'm so tired of people.who are fine with egregious violations of it, and of the blatant and illegal overreach of our government and criminal actions of.our officials, as long as they agree with them. I'm sick of militarized police slaughtering people at will. They are NOT executioners. And they do not need fucking robocops.

I'm defending due process, and I'm so tired of people.who are fine with egregious violations of it, and of the blatant and illegal overreach of our government and criminal actions of.our officials, as long as they agree with them. I'm sick of militarized police slaughtering people at will. They are NOT executioners. And they do not need fucking robocops.
He was given plenty of opportunity to surrender and decided to continue posing a threat. Your pity is misplaced.

Kosher, you are out of your ever lovin' mind. The fellow had killed five people, injured 7 others, and still had his gun. Any way to take him out without further endangering innocent people was acceptable.

Everywhere around the world if you kill 1 or more cops you are not making it in alive.

You will be gunned down during the take down.

So don't shoot any cops KGirl.

No, that is not their goal. After he shot 14 people and killed five, the police. negotiated for several hours and he did not comply their goal was to neutralize the asshole. Which they did.

Unless you are one of them you have no fucking idea what they need.

It would be an execution only if they plugged him after he was in custody, or had surrendered and was sitting there with his hands up. When you are still an active threat, there can be no execution.

You get your due process when you allow the process to start, i.e. you submit to lawful authority, not before.

Shit.........sweets........don't even think about being a parent.:2up:
I'm a parent several times over, and a grandparent.

Forum List

Back