So called 'hate crimes

just a farce,
News reports are crackling with the breathless announcement that the Buffalo shooter, Payton Gendron, is also being charged as the perpetrator of a hate crime — in addition to ten counts of murder in the first degree. I could practically hear the buttons popping off the shirts of the nauseatingly self-important "officials" who made this call.

Had Mr. Gendron merely wanted to steal the wallets from the victims of his shooting spree, would the crime be any less heinous?

Emanating from this absurdity is the farcical nature of so much of the legislation that is promoted as problem-solving. The news media are in on the scam. In addition to actual news, they are constantly broadcasting the pained utterances of the surviving friends and relatives of unfortunate victims. Grief is not news...but it is a useful and contagious emotion.

I have often mused that if I were president, I'd create a new Cabinet position — secretary of the Department of Fatuous Gestures. Within its purview would be such pointless posturing as hate crimes, gun-free zones (as if criminals are inclined to obey rules), and the War on Drugs. (Remember that? Drugs won.)

Whenever a horrible crime is committed, and hate is added to the charges, I just can't help but smirk. "Why bother?" I ask. Murder, assault, robbery, etc. should already have substantial penalties attached to their conviction. Hate is nothing more than a state of mind, often occurring without causing any physical action. Also, criminal acts seldom, if ever, occur between individuals who are actually fond of each other. "What about domestic violence?" you may ask...but in those cases, love is no longer a significant component. Frustration, resentment, jealousy, and proximity are the real factors.

7_91_9.gif

My point here is that we really have to escape from the false benefit of virtue-signaling. It's the first step on the path of least resistance. Do you think the corrupt media could have a hand in this? Wink, wink.

I think the opening up of "alternative" media has started to have a good effect. The recent failure to launch the "Ministry of Truth" under Homeland Security is a glaring example. Once the plan was made public along with the identity of its questionable leader, incoming fusillades were being felt from all corners.

But, there's a difference between a death caused by a hate crime and a normal everyday murder.

"

"

as you can see, adding hate to the crime makes it far worse.

Had Mr. Gendron merely wanted to steal the wallets from the victims of his shooting spree, would the crime be any less heinous?
Yes, in fact that would have made the crime less heinous.

What has gone wrong in the minds of Americans that prevent them from understanding the obvious?

What has gone wrong in the minds of Americans that prevent them from understanding the obvious?
The victims under either circumstance would be dead so what is the difference other than motive? Motive is used in prosecuting a case but it is and of itself not a physical crime.

The victims under either circumstance would be dead so what is the difference other than motive? Motive is used in prosecuting a case but it is and of itself not a physical crime.
Your mind is already slammed shut and there's obviously no way I could help you to understand.

I guess what makes it a hate crime is when the victim is a victim due to whatever makes them inferior/less than perfect in the opinion of the perpetrator.

God bless you always!!!

Holly

Thought crime is fundamentally anti-freedom.

But, you're a Canadian hoser, so you wouldn't understand the concept.

Forum List

Back