So Does Obama Know His Place Now?

RW fatso extraordinaire recently said "The Republicans if they have any hope of winning the 2012 election, have got to put this guy in his place using this as their opportunity to do it. No doubt about it." He was referring to the faux-outrage non-story about the date change.

First question, what place does our President need to be in?

Second question, was this a dog-whistle race-baiting code word or not?

Why/why not

Boehner Should Reject Obama's Request for Joint Session Speech

President Obama has more class than the entire Republican leadership. Every stupid little thing is turned into this major problem, and I think it's on purpose.

I think the president is a good man and is doing his best. Karma is most definitely supporting him and is on his side. And I truly believe that the Republicans are facing some very tough times. They are not nice people and care nothing for the citizens of this country. Their turn is coming. :)

So let me see if I've got this straight...the American people "wanted the public option" and still do and yet they voted overwhelmingly against the Democrats during the mid term elections? That's what you're selling...right? And Obama took the public option off the table because he wanted to go against the American people...even though he was on record REPEATEDLY saying that he wanted the public option? You really think that makes even a tiny bit of sense? Obama took the public option off the table because despite a full court press to make the American people fall in love with the idea...they overwhelmingly DIDN'T.

As for why he's lost his "base"? He hasn't. He's lost the independents that voted for him. He's lost them because after two and a half years the economy is still in awful shape...unemployment is still over 9% and Barack Obama seems to have run out of ideas to fix either of those problems.

Boy they sure had you in mind when they coined the phrase "wrong and strong."

The ONLY reason the Dems lost last election is because the Dems DID NOT COME OUT TO VOTE. Fact: Whenever Dems are motivated to vote, RepubliCON$ lose. Period. Why do you think the GOP puts so much money, time and effort into disenfranchising Democratic voters/base?

If he hasn't lost his base, then how do you explain the umteen threads by RWers gloating about Obama losing his base for these last few weeks then? Again, he lost his base MAINLY due to that public option situation. The job thing is bad enough, he started his term with an economy in the crapper. However, because he spent so much time and energy on healthcare his base at LEAST expected a proper win on that, and NOT having a public option after it's all said and done is NOT it. Therefore, MANY of them just did not come out to vote. Whereas the CON-voters were HIGHLY motivated to vote, and they STILL lost many of their guys as well. So what does that tell you?

And don't you dare pretend to know more about the Democratic base than I do. Don't do it to yourself.

Last edited:
49izadw.gif

Is this a Tea Party...?

This just in...Due to the ignoramus downturn, the tea party has just been downgraded to KK+

So let me see if I've got this straight...the American people "wanted the public option" and still do and yet they voted overwhelmingly against the Democrats during the mid term elections? That's what you're selling...right? And Obama took the public option off the table because he wanted to go against the American people...even though he was on record REPEATEDLY saying that he wanted the public option? You really think that makes even a tiny bit of sense? Obama took the public option off the table because despite a full court press to make the American people fall in love with the idea...they overwhelmingly DIDN'T.

Holy shit, are you in a mental institution? You better do some credible research...

If you'd like to dispute what I just said in that post, feel free. I think what happened during the Obama push to pass Obama Care is self evident. If you think that the Blue Dog Democrats went AGAINST the voters back home for some unknown reason and that Barack Obama took the public option off the table even though a majority of Americans wanted it then you're going to have to explain why because that makes no sense what so ever.

You guys are STILL pushing that blatant RW lie?!??

They had 2 years of legislating to get it right and the RWers got a LOT of what they wanted. Obama didn't even put the Public Option on the table which the MAJORITY of Americans actually wanted.

WTF are you talking about fool?!??

Yeah, I find that hilarious.

58 Dems and two I's with one being Lieberman who has an axe to grind against the Dems is their "filibuster proof majority." Not to mention the blue dogs Webb and Nelson stood with the GoP and wouldn't vote for cloture.

If the ability to jam thru legislation actually existed we would have at minimum a public option.

Ah, I think I already pointed out that it was the Blue Dog Democrats that kept Obama from getting much of his progressive agenda passed. You just reinforced my argument. Thanks.

Yes, the "filibuster proof" majority is a right wing myth.

Glad you agree.

I said in the other thread that Obama can't win. If he wanted to make te speech and said "fuck off" the GOP would hate him. If Obama moved his speech he would be called a pussy. And look what happened, he gave in like the GOP wanted him to and they still give the guy no credit

He caused the conflicting schedule. He should be the one to fix it. He's not God, he doesn't have the right to pop a squat on Congress. You think we should all get down on our knees and kiss his ass for him correcting a situation HE caused? You have very low standards.

YOU would have BEGGED to kiss bush's ass if he even corrected ONE of his many fuck up's.

Yeah, I find that hilarious.

58 Dems and two I's with one being Lieberman who has an axe to grind against the Dems is their "filibuster proof majority." Not to mention the blue dogs Webb and Nelson stood with the GoP and wouldn't vote for cloture.

If the ability to jam thru legislation actually existed we would have at minimum a public option.

Ah, I think I already pointed out that it was the Blue Dog Democrats that kept Obama from getting much of his progressive agenda passed. You just reinforced my argument. Thanks.

Glad you agree.

who needs to fear the filibuster when you can use reconciliation?

RW fatso extraordinaire recently said "The Republicans if they have any hope of winning the 2012 election, have got to put this guy in his place using this as their opportunity to do it. No doubt about it." He was referring to the faux-outrage non-story about the date change.

First question, what place does our President need to be in?

Second question, was this a dog-whistle race-baiting code word or not?

Why/why not

Boehner Should Reject Obama's Request for Joint Session Speech

President Obama has more class than the entire Republican leadership. Every stupid little thing is turned into this major problem, and I think it's on purpose.

I think the president is a good man and is doing his best. Karma is most definitely supporting him and is on his side. And I truly believe that the Republicans are facing some very tough times. They are not nice people and care nothing for the citizens of this country. Their turn is coming. :)

So we've got "Karma" working for us? I feel so relieved.

I said in the other thread that Obama can't win. If he wanted to make te speech and said "fuck off" the GOP would hate him. If Obama moved his speech he would be called a pussy. And look what happened, he gave in like the GOP wanted him to and they still give the guy no credit

He caused the conflicting schedule. He should be the one to fix it. He's not God, he doesn't have the right to pop a squat on Congress. You think we should all get down on our knees and kiss his ass for him correcting a situation HE caused? You have very low standards.

YOU would have BEGGED to kiss bush's ass if he even corrected ONE of his many fuck up's.

RepubliCON$ will SWIFTLY drop to their knees to kiss an A$$ when it suits them. Their lips are in a perpetual state of pursement awaiting a RW leader to kiss. And they will kiss it with a fervent fury. Don't believe me? Just whisper the word "Ronald Reagan" in a RWer's ear and watch them go to work.

buttkisser2.jpg

Last edited:
Hey Dumb ass? It has absolutely nothing to do with the color of his skin. Never has. He was not vetted at all by a fawning press, he thugged his way to the nomination. And he thinks he can strong arm anyone that opposes him. Simply isn't working.

He claimed a change, he claimed an open honest dialogue and Government, the most open ever. How did he start? By hiring lawyers to hide his and his wife's past. By refusing to release a simple document called a birth certificate and hiring lawyers to prevent its release.

His government has hidden so much stuff that one can openly laugh at his claim he was going to have a n open transparent Government.

Add to that he used the Party to ram through legislation over 60 percent of the people opposed. He rammed though a stimulus bill that the dems claimed was so crucial there was not time to even read it. Then he did not sign it for days cause he was on a trip.

He attacked a cop without knowing the facts. A local cop no where near the White House.

He announced that returning vets were a threat for terrorism while refusing to do anything about a southern porous border. So open that thousands of Terrorists could have already crossed it.

He claimed if we just passed the stimulus unemployment would not exceed 8 percent. He claimed the stimulus was shovel ready jobs. He funneled Government money to Unions. He funneled Government money to a group that was cheating the electoral process.

He is illegally using Government Agencies to thwart the will and Constitutional power of Congress. He wages war with out approval of Congress. And is gearing up for another illegal war.

His Justice Department illegally ordered gun stores to sell weapons to Mexican cartels. They made absolutely no effort to track weapons they claimed were being tracked to stop said Cartels.

Knowing they sold thousands of weapons to Mexican cartels he then had his Justice Department release a claim that 90 percent of the weapons found at Cartel crime scenes in Mexico were illegally obtained in the US. KNOWING that the ATF ordered them sold. Knowing that the 90 percent was a fake statistic since it only included weapons that the Mexicans chose to disclose and only applied to those identified not the ones unidentified.

Shall I go on?
Sure, you can go on. However, anyone can visit the nearest RW blog for those bogus talking points.

Knock yourself out.

How did he "thug his way" into office?

LoLing @ "attacking a cop" WOW!!! What a whopper. :lol:

I wonder what swill will you spew next.

He used backroom deals to thug his way to a win in the primary. Clinton was cheated by super delagates he used backroom deals and strong arm tactics to support him.

I guess you are to retarded to remember "beergate" Keep proving your ignorance.

As for the rest I see you did not even try to deny it.

When I joined the ARMY, one of the first things I was taught was how dumb marines are. Until now, I just thought it was good ol fashioned inter military rivalry. Now I know why you're called Uncle Sam's Misguided Children.

Glad you agree.

who needs to fear the filibuster when you can use reconciliation?

After the bill was watered down over and over and over....

Those of us on the left know exactly what is meant by putting him in his "place". There have been many times when I have wished that Obama had the guts of Van Jones - and put them in their "place".

I am disappointed in Obama, but I'm still holding out hope. Maybe he is playing chess while the right is struggling with checkers. We'll see...

The only thing worse than being perceived as "weak" is being perceived as "the angry black man." Obama is very keenly aware of that. Remember the whole Rev. Wright debacle? Boy did those RWers do everything within their power to make that stick to him, but because Obama's so smart and deft, he didn't allow it to. He played them as the fools they are.

If you don't believe me, just look at American history. Namely Jackie Robinson. Now, many know/knew that Jackie was NOT the best player in the league at the time, but yet he was chosen. You know why? It was because of his demeanor. He was THE original Mr. Nice Guy. He had the character it takes to humble himself and just let stuff slide, even the most wrong and vile stuff thrown his way, like spitting, being called the N-word, threats to his life, etc. all for just being black. That's what was needed for the first black player in the MLB. You know who was actually THE best player in the league at the time? Glad you asked....Satchell Paige. He would whoop them all in his sleep and twice on Sunday. However, he was way too cocky. He would have only enraged the whites. Therefore he was not chosen. Look it up.

White people weren't ready for that sort of attitude then, and they aren't ready for it now. Obama's the right President for the right time. He's playing it PERFECTLY.

You'll see.

Your reverend wright thing is a bit off I'm afraid. It's Imam wright, The president IS a muslim after all right? Or was that another way to bring out the inner racist bubbling just beneath the skin of people like dave?

one would think gender would be the determining factor, sis.

Right. Because calling an older African-American male a "boy" is choosen solely because that person is male.

You should stop now.

Actually, white guys do call each other 'boy' all the time. It's a kind of affectionate friendship sort of thing.

Black guys are WAY over-sensitive about it.

That's not for you to say. You're being very presumptuous. We cannot tell someone else how to feel. Anymore than we can criticize a person's choice of food because we don't like their choices.

Everybody has demons and some hurtful childhood memories. And anyone of those, "black guys that are WAY over sensitive," might have bad memories of being called boy. You don't know. Maybe he was bullied and called boy. Who knows??? I think your attitude is very insensitive.

Last edited:

As for why he's lost his "base"? He hasn't. He's lost the independents that voted for him. He's lost them because after two and a half years the economy is still in awful shape...unemployment is still over 9% and Barack Obama seems to have run out of ideas to fix either of those problems.

Boy they sure had you in mind when they coined the phrase "wrong and strong."

The ONLY reason the Dems lost last election is because the Dems DID NOT COME OUT TO VOTE. Fact: Whenever Dems are motivated to vote, RepubliCON$ lose. Period. Why do you think the GOP puts so much money, time and effort into disenfranchising Democratic voters/base?

If he hasn't lost his base, then how do you explain the umteen threads by RWers gloating about Obama losing his base for these last few weeks then? Again, he lost his base MAINLY due to that public option situation. The job thing is bad enough, he started his term with an economy in the crapper. However, because he spent so much time and energy on healthcare his base at LEAST expected a proper win on that, and NOT having a public option after it's all said and done is NOT it. Therefore, MANY of them just did not come out to vote. Whereas the CON-voters were HIGHLY motivated to vote, and they STILL lost many of their guys as well. So what does that tell you?

And don't you dare pretend to know more about the Democratic base than I do. Don't do it to yourself.

Come on Marc...the reason the Democratic base didn't come out to vote was because they were so discouraged by the underwhelming performance of the Democrats. Trying to pin the low turn out on Republicans "disenfranchising" Democratic voters is laughable.

The fact is...during the '08 election, Barack Obama turned out record numbers of young voters, black and Hispanic voters. Those same voting groups DIDN'T turn out in 2010 and I'm afraid they aren't going to turn out in record numbers in 2012 either. Obama ran on some vague concepts of Hope and Change. After two years the voters had a fairly good idea of what that meant and they weren't excited about it.

If you want to prove that you know more about the Democratic base then I do...then stop making silly assertions like you have here.

Last edited:
Dood, you're incapable of having an original thought of your own. You're not qualified to determine what I'm thinking. :rofl:

Besides, you just proved me right: You'd claim anything he says is racist anyway. Good job, asshat. :clap2:

Lookit...he CAN'T answer the question. BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!

49izadw.gif

Sad really. *SMH*

Oh, I can answer it. But you wouldn't like my answer.

That's because you've already made up your mind, and there's absolutely nothing that would sway you. You're closed-minded. And not very bright, either.

I would. Have at it, David Duke.

Lookit...he CAN'T answer the question. BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!

49izadw.gif

Sad really. *SMH*

Oh, I can answer it. But you wouldn't like my answer.

That's because you've already made up your mind, and there's absolutely nothing that would sway you. You're closed-minded. And not very bright, either.

I would. Have at it, David Duke.
That Caveman is trying to peddle the Grade-A horseshat that he's trying to protect my feelings by not answering a question because I wouldn't like the answer.

What a FOOL!!

LOL!! :lol:

RepubliCON$ will SWIFTLY drop to their knees to kiss an A$$ when it suits them. Their lips are in a perpetual state of pursement awaiting a RW leader to kiss. And they will kiss it with a fervent fury. Don't believe me? Just whisper the word "Ronald Reagan" in a RWer's ear and watch them go to work.

buttkisser2.jpg

Good to see that you've given up any pretense at having a rational discussion and gone right to the name calling. That's usually how you can tell who's losing a debate here.

His place is NOT above Congress.

"Please fetch my Congress now" -- is not the respect for that office either.

I not a true fan of Rush -- but I listen enough to know he is not a racist or biggot.. There's more to the quote than the snippet you posted.

Supply the context or quit posting one-liners out of context with tiresome accusations.. Just like the stupid "black cloud" controversy. How desparate are you to distract? I really can't take more than 11 of these "outrages" a week...

I listen to that fat dope fiend also. If you don't think he's a racist, then it it only bolsters the point that, you're racist so often, that you don't know when you're doing it.:eusa_shhh:

His place is NOT above Congress.

"Please fetch my Congress now" -- is not the respect for that office either.

I not a true fan of Rush -- but I listen enough to know he is not a racist or biggot.. There's more to the quote than the snippet you posted.

Supply the context or quit posting one-liners out of context with tiresome accusations.. Just like the stupid "black cloud" controversy. How desparate are you to distract? I really can't take more than 11 of these "outrages" a week...

I listen to that fat dope fiend also. If you don't think he's a racist, then it it only bolsters the point that, you're racist so often, that you don't know when you're doing it.:eusa_shhh:

I am sure he appreciates your support.

Forum List

Back