🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

So Does Obama Know His Place Now?

Come on Marc...the reason the Democratic base didn't come out to vote was because they were so discouraged by the underwhelming performance of the Democrats. Trying to pin the low turn out on Republicans "disenfranchising" Democratic voters is laughable.

The fact is...during the '08 election, Barack Obama turned out record amounts of young voters, black and Hispanic voters. Those same voting groups DIDN'T turn out in 2010 and I'm afraid they aren't going to turn out in record numbers in 2012 either. Obama ran on some vague concepts of Hope and Change. After two years the voters had a fairly good idea of what that meant and they weren't excited about it.

If you want to prove that you know more about the Democratic base then I do...then stop making silly assertions like you have here.

And yet and still you continue to purport to know more about the Democratic base than I do...*SMH* :cuckoo:

What is with you RWers and this victim mentality!??!? I never said or implied that it's because of the CON$ disenfranchising, that was a side issue, a matter-of-fact, they've been doing that disenfranchisement for generations....nothing new.

I stated plain as day that the MAIN reason Obama lost his base is because of the health care debate, Obama. Did. Not. Deliver. The. Public. Option. That and that alone is what deflated their idea of hope and change. The job situation only made it worse, as they didn't have that to fall back on. Notice you will NEVER see or hear a Dem or LWer saying anything close to "Obama made it worse" we know and lay the blame SQUARELY at Herr Bush's feet.

Again, put a pause on RW radio and open your ears and mind to other POVs.

Thanks. I think I'm going to bed now, it's way past my bedtime.

Yageddit?

Victim mentality? In what way have I displayed a victim mentality? I've simply pointed out why I think you're wrong. As for "disenfranchising" being a "side issue"? No kidding! It's not only a side issue...it's a non issue. But you felt you had to throw it in there because it goes along with your predictable diatribe about this being a racial issue.

I disagree with you about the lack of a public option costing Barack Obama his base. Not getting the public option did enrage the progressive wing of the Democratic Party but those people are the ones that will ALWAYS turn out for Obama despite all their pissing and moaning about him not being liberal enough for them. Where Obama lost voting support was amongst the independents, young voters, blacks and Hispanics that voted for him in overwhelming numbers in '08.

Young voters got a slap in the face with the jobs situation. They were getting out of college and there was no work to be had. All of a sudden Obama's Hope and Change wasn't looking so wonderful when they were having to move back in with Mom and Dad because they couldn't support themselves. A lot of them sat out the 2010 election and I predict will probably do so again in 2012.

Blacks thought that with Obama in the Oval Office that they would finally get rewarded for all their votes. That didn't happen. Obama did nothing more for them than any other President has. So why would they kill themselves getting out the vote for him again?

The independent voters were looking for a new type of leadership. They bought into the whole "this guy is brilliant and will surround himself with brilliant people" story. Instead they got two years of Timothy Geithner, Larry Summers, Christina Romer, Eric Holder, Janet Napolitano and a laundry list of academic progressives that were clueless about running a country. Those independent voters are the ones that Obama really lost. They simply stopped believing the sound bites. They looked at where we were...and where it looked like we were headed...and said "Whoa...this is getting crazy."

And just so you know, Marc? I don't listen to radio of any kind. Nice try at stereotyping though.

Not to accuse you of anything old, but why is it virtually no one listens to rush when you talk to them, but he has over 40,000,000 listeners a day? He says more, but lefties say it's an overinflated number.

But I don't listen to him. He's a hypocrite.

But you'll quote him. And before you say you don't, I've already heard talking points from you, that the house has made, that started in the house that rush built. Sorry.

Elvis is about as straight a shooter and non-partisan a poster as there is here.

Rush isn't a politician. He's a racist. Your buddy picked an awful conspicuous screen name for someone who differs with rush.:eusa_whistle:

And yet and still you continue to purport to know more about the Democratic base than I do...*SMH* :cuckoo:

What is with you RWers and this victim mentality!??!? I never said or implied that it's because of the CON$ disenfranchising, that was a side issue, a matter-of-fact, they've been doing that disenfranchisement for generations....nothing new.

I stated plain as day that the MAIN reason Obama lost his base is because of the health care debate, Obama. Did. Not. Deliver. The. Public. Option. That and that alone is what deflated their idea of hope and change. The job situation only made it worse, as they didn't have that to fall back on. Notice you will NEVER see or hear a Dem or LWer saying anything close to "Obama made it worse" we know and lay the blame SQUARELY at Herr Bush's feet.

Again, put a pause on RW radio and open your ears and mind to other POVs.

Thanks. I think I'm going to bed now, it's way past my bedtime.

Yageddit?

Victim mentality? In what way have I displayed a victim mentality? I've simply pointed out why I think you're wrong. As for "disenfranchising" being a "side issue"? No kidding! It's not only a side issue...it's a non issue. But you felt you had to throw it in there because it goes along with your predictable diatribe about this being a racial issue.

I disagree with you about the lack of a public option costing Barack Obama his base. Not getting the public option did enrage the progressive wing of the Democratic Party but those people are the ones that will ALWAYS turn out for Obama despite all their pissing and moaning about him not being liberal enough for them. Where Obama lost voting support was amongst the independents, young voters, blacks and Hispanics that voted for him in overwhelming numbers in '08.

Young voters got a slap in the face with the jobs situation. They were getting out of college and there was no work to be had. All of a sudden Obama's Hope and Change wasn't looking so wonderful when they were having to move back in with Mom and Dad because they couldn't support themselves. A lot of them sat out the 2010 election and I predict will probably do so again in 2012.

Blacks thought that with Obama in the Oval Office that they would finally get rewarded for all their votes. That didn't happen. Obama did nothing more for them than any other President has. So why would they kill themselves getting out the vote for him again?

The independent voters were looking for a new type of leadership. They bought into the whole "this guy is brilliant and will surround himself with brilliant people" story. Instead they got two years of Timothy Geithner, Larry Summers, Christina Romer, Eric Holder, Janet Napolitano and a laundry list of academic progressives that were clueless about running a country. Those independent voters are the ones that Obama really lost. They simply stopped believing the sound bites. They looked at where we were...and where it looked like we were headed...and said "Whoa...this is getting crazy."

And just so you know, Marc? I don't listen to radio of any kind. Nice try at stereotyping though.

Not to accuse you of anything old, but why is it virtually no one listens to rush when you talk to them, but he has over 40,000,000 listeners a day? He says more, but lefties say it's an overinflated number.

I know the guy has tons of listeners, Oracle...I've just never been one of them. I typically read USA Today and the Wall Street Journal. I'm just not a radio or TV news guy. Rush is the flip side to Keith Olbermann and I really don't take either of them seriously. They are pundits that make big money because they say inflammatory things about the opposition. If they were objective in their views half of their audience wouldn't tune in.

Actually, white guys do call each other 'boy' all the time. It's a kind of affectionate friendship sort of thing.

Black guys are WAY over-sensitive about it.

That's not for you to say. You're being very presumptuous. We cannot tell someone else how to feel. Anymore than we can criticize a person's choice of food because we don't like their choices.

Everybody has demons and some hurtful childhood memories. And anyone of those, "black guys that are WAY over sensitive," might have bad memories of being called boy. You don't know. Maybe he was bullied and called boy. Who knows??? I think your attitude is very insensitive.

I'll bet he didn't say that when they showed the reaction of whites when o.j. got aquitted. HELL! He probably didn't even blink when whites snapped over the cancellation of M.A.S.H.

What??? Not too swift there, are you, Slick???

I know the guy has tons of listeners, Oracle...I've just never been one of them. I typically read USA Today and the Wall Street Journal. I'm just not a radio or TV news guy. Rush is the flip side to Keith Olbermann and I really don't take either of them seriously. They are pundits that make big money because they say inflammatory things about the opposition. If they were objective in their views half of their audience wouldn't tune in.

I agree to a point. However that point differs on flips. Keith is the flip of O'Reilly, whereas Ed is the opposite of beck. Limburger's flip is that mega ultra doof norman goldman.

That's not for you to say. You're being very presumptuous. We cannot tell someone else how to feel. Anymore than we can criticize a person's choice of food because we don't like their choices.

Everybody has demons and some hurtful childhood memories. And anyone of those, "black guys that are WAY over sensitive," might have bad memories of being called boy. You don't know. Maybe he was bullied and called boy. Who knows??? I think your attitude is very insensitive.

I'll bet he didn't say that when they showed the reaction of whites when o.j. got aquitted. HELL! He probably didn't even blink when whites snapped over the cancellation of M.A.S.H.

What??? Not too swift there, are you, Slick???

I'm not talking about you. I was referring to the simpleton that you were commenting on.

Actually, white guys do call each other 'boy' all the time. It's a kind of affectionate friendship sort of thing.

Black guys are WAY over-sensitive about it.

He probably didn't even blink when whites snapped over the cancellation of M.A.S.H

OH really whites snaped at the cancellation of MASH? Give proof to this statement or SHUT THE FUCK UP.

Last edited:
Those of us on the left know exactly what is meant by putting him in his "place". There have been many times when I have wished that Obama had the guts of Van Jones - and put them in their "place".

I am disappointed in Obama, but I'm still holding out hope. Maybe he is playing chess while the right is struggling with checkers. We'll see...

The only thing worse than being perceived as "weak" is being perceived as "the angry black man." Obama is very keenly aware of that. Remember the whole Rev. Wright debacle? Boy did those RWers do everything within their power to make that stick to him, but because Obama's so smart and deft, he didn't allow it to. He played them as the fools they are.

If you don't believe me, just look at American history. Namely Jackie Robinson. Now, many know/knew that Jackie was NOT the best player in the league at the time, but yet he was chosen. You know why? It was because of his demeanor. He was THE original Mr. Nice Guy. He had the character it takes to humble himself and just let stuff slide, even the most wrong and vile stuff thrown his way, like spitting, being called the N-word, threats to his life, etc. all for just being black. That's what was needed for the first black player in the MLB. You know who was actually THE best player in the league at the time? Glad you asked....Satchell Paige. He would whoop them all in his sleep and twice on Sunday. However, he was way too cocky. He would have only enraged the whites. Therefore he was not chosen. Look it up.

White people weren't ready for that sort of attitude then, and they aren't ready for it now. Obama's the right President for the right time. He's playing it PERFECTLY.

You'll see.

Do us a favor pull your head out of obama's ass the fumes are getting to you. nothing you say is true and shut the fuck up.

I say Obama knew exactly what he was doing with the schedule - and he knew from the beginning that he would change it. He just wanted to hear the right squeal.

then he's even more stupid and politically tone deaf than i thought.

Why would you think that?

If he knows how they will react and is playing them in a way to make them do and act just like he wants and expects to expose them to the American voters...isn't that genius in motion?

Why would you think or say otherwise?

If he is intentionally trying to enrage a certain group of people that being childish and is not the sign of good leadership you fucking idiot.

Glad you commented

What a fucking racist such a good democrat

Jimmy Carter calls Obama "BOY" - YouTube

Hey stupid where did you go?

What was your problem with that?

The question was is the word boy racial when referencing to a black man.
You hacks on the left have a double standard when it comes to racism.
Carter said it and not much was mentioned about it.
Rush says something that isn't even close to being racist and it's still talked about.

What is it pick your target minumize it? That is just what you on the left are doing.

If you actually listened to him, instead of reading transcripts on Liberal Blog Sites. You would know what he was referring to Obama's Arrogance in deliberately picking the same day of the Debate, when he said he needed to be put in his place, and I agree.

Top 10 Rush Limbaugh Racist Quotes | News One

Rush makes me sick. I cannot fathom how he has an audience.

obama makes me sick I can't fathom how he was elected.

Hey stupid where did you go?

What was your problem with that?

The question was is the word boy racial when referencing to a black man.
You hacks on the left have a double standard when it comes to racism.
Carter said it and not much was mentioned about it.
Rush says something that isn't even close to being racist and it's still talked about.

What is it pick your target minumize it? That is just what you on the left are doing.

Carter was talking about a "black boy" growing into a man.

So what's your problem with that?

There's no double standard.

Rush uses race descriptions as a negative. Not as a descriptive.

And this is after his speech at CPAC when he says that conservatives don't see race, they see people. Yet he constantly and consistently sees race when he talks about people who aren't white.

Last edited:
Hey Charlie...!!

I'd like you to defend each of the following quotes of Rush as not racist.

1. “Have you ever noticed how all composite pictures of wanted criminals resemble Jesse Jackson?”

2. “Right. So you go into Darfur and you go into South Africa, you get rid of the white government there. You put sanctions on them. You stand behind Nelson Mandela — who was bankrolled by communists for a time, had the support of certain communist leaders. You go to Ethiopia. You do the same thing.”

3. “Look, let me put it to you this way: the NFL all too often looks like a game between the Bloods and the Crips without any weapons. There, I said it.”

4. “The NAACP should have riot rehearsal. They should get a liquor store and practice robberies.”

5. “They’re 12 percent of the population. Who the hell cares?”

6. [To an African American female caller]: “Take that bone out of your nose and call me back.”

7. ”I think the media has been very desirous that a black quarterback do well. They’re interested in black coaches and black quarterbacks doing well. I think there’s a little hope invested in McNabb and he got a lot of credit for the performance of his team that he really didn’t deserve.”

8. Limbaugh’s many attacks on Obama.

9. “We need segregated buses… This is Obama’s America.”

10. “Obama’s entire economic program is reparations.”

BTW, any of you RWers and Rush Limbaugh defenders are free to take a crack at it too.

Knock yourself out.

You're an idiot your questions are based on opinions your opinion, no one can answers those type of questions because they can't be proven.

Forum List

Back