So how was everyone's holiday weekend?

I'm trying to cook a big ham dinner today but between the football game, a stupid customer & my fucked up back I'm struggling.

Chiefs SUCK! Lol they are pissing me off so bad.

I installed a marble floor last week and today the customer informed me that I should have pulled the baseboard BEFORE I did the work. Is trying to insist I remove the entire floor and start over without the base. I told her NO but I offered to purchase & install base shoe. She said she had to think about it and would call me later.
I think I'm going to tell her it's best if I just pull off the entire job. It's clear that there is now going to be a lack of trust on both our parts.
Kinda wondering if it was a setup all along as I am the second or third contractor to take over this remodel.

Found out I have a herniated disk and sciatica on my Dr. Visit friday. Standing in the kitchen is killing me.

/blog
Why would you not remove the baseboards before laying a new floor?
Unless it lowers the height of the floor and when you put the baseboards back, you have to repaint the wall and maybe you haven't got paint to match it. But I would think marble would be thicker than anything she had before.
What gives?
Apparently she wanted the marble under the trim without 1/4 round. It's a ridiculous complaint after the fact. The quarter round is supposed to finish the edging. She informed me AFTER the fact that she didn't want it
I've a several of them clients...I took a break and worked commercial for a while...

I'm trying to cook a big ham dinner today but between the football game, a stupid customer & my fucked up back I'm struggling.

Chiefs SUCK! Lol they are pissing me off so bad.

I installed a marble floor last week and today the customer informed me that I should have pulled the baseboard BEFORE I did the work. Is trying to insist I remove the entire floor and start over without the base. I told her NO but I offered to purchase & install base shoe. She said she had to think about it and would call me later.
I think I'm going to tell her it's best if I just pull off the entire job. It's clear that there is now going to be a lack of trust on both our parts.
Kinda wondering if it was a setup all along as I am the second or third contractor to take over this remodel.

Found out I have a herniated disk and sciatica on my Dr. Visit friday. Standing in the kitchen is killing me.

/blog
Why would you not remove the baseboards before laying a new floor?
Unless it lowers the height of the floor and when you put the baseboards back, you have to repaint the wall and maybe you haven't got paint to match it. But I would think marble would be thicker than anything she had before.
What gives?
Apparently she wanted the marble under the trim without 1/4 round. It's a ridiculous complaint after the fact. The quarter round is supposed to finish the edging. She informed me AFTER the fact that she didn't want it
Sounds like something my stepmother would do. She remodels about every five years and she's hell on wheels.

Pretty nice, the best thing about the holidays is the time off.
Where I work we were off Thursday and Friday, so it was a nice 4 day weekend.
This was the first Thanksgiving without my father, so that put a little damper on things - but it was a nice gathering nevertheless.

24058837_1966178453635116_7240503970751812028_n.jpg

nice had more than enough food and family .... had a good time all the way around....putting up lights today i hope...

Got our lights finished yesterday. Sunny and like 51 degrees I think it was, good weather for it.
It's been near 70's here. Digging the weather this fall. Have only had to wear jeans rather than shorts for one week so far.

Anytime you can shoot 18 holes on a Friday in late November in West Michigan is a good weekend, holiday or otherwise. And a birdie on the monster par 5 is always a nice bonus though an incredibly rare one.

Forum List

Back