So I Called My Local Islamic Center &

You missed the point. What would happen if these women walked down the streets of Saudi Arabia or Iran dressed like that?

No, you missed the point of the video. :lol:

In Iran and Saudi Arabia, their attire would be against the law, just as it will be soon in France thanks to the legislation that these women are protesting.

I understand that, but you're still missing a big point to the protest.

Tell me what would happen to those two women if they walked down the street dressed like that in Saudi Arabia or Iran.
In both countries they'd probably be asked to cover up under threat of deportation.

Deal with what?? :confused:

You're confused alright.
Nope.

You seem to make illogical blanket statements.

And then act all bent out of shape when people don't respond exactly as you want. :cuckoo:

Nope. My statements are perfectly logical. My point, and it is the biggest point as far as I am concerned, is that these women protested and were never threatened. If these women did the same thing in Iran or Saudi Arabia and a lot of other places controlled by muslims they would be arrested. That's the bigger point.

No, you missed the point of the video. :lol:

In Iran and Saudi Arabia, their attire would be against the law, just as it will be soon in France thanks to the legislation that these women are protesting.

Tell me what would happen to those two women if they walked down the street dressed like that in Saudi Arabia or Iran.
In both countries they'd probably be asked to cover up under threat of deportation.

They would be told, not asked. And if they didn't comply they would be stopped. That's the main point. They were allowed to protest freely in France and would not be allowed to dress that way in a Muslim nation. Ironic, isn't it.

They would be told, not asked. And if they didn't comply they would be stopped. That's the main point. They were allowed to protest freely in France and would not be allowed to dress that way in a Muslim nation. Ironic, isn't it.
So what's the problem??

Every country has it's own unique laws and customs.

China's laws are different than India's.

Which are different than America's laws.

Who do yo feel the need to make every country conform to a Western version of civil and criminal law ??

Erm... no. They were only able to do this because the law hasn't yet gone into effect. Had they waited until it did, they'd be paying hundreds of dollars in fines and sitting through fascistic "citizenship classes."

So what's the problem??

Every country has it's own unique laws and customs.

China's laws are different than India's.

Which are different than America's laws.

Who do yo feel the need to make every country conform to a Western version of civil and criminal law ??

The real question is why do you support nations like Saudi Arabia and Iran who would not let these women dress like this?

Erm... no. They were only able to do this because the law hasn't yet gone into effect. Had they waited until it did, they'd be paying hundreds of dollars in fines and sitting through fascistic "citizenship classes."

You're still missing the point. They covered their face, but they exposed their entire legs. If they walked around in Saudi Arabia or Iran like this they would have been stopped.

You're still missing the point. They covered their face, but they exposed their entire legs. If they walked around in Saudi Arabia or Iran like this they would have been stopped.

In all cases we see legislation against clothing that is seen as a threat to the country's national identity. There is no substantial difference and each country's laws should be revised.

Forum List

Back