So...I was wondering Mr President

deltex1

Gold Member
Dec 15, 2012
Near the Alamo
You are worried about a nuke exploding in Manhattan.

Could you tell me what actions you are taking to prevent it...and what would you do if it happened? Has anyone been warned of the consequences? What plans have been made to relocate Wall Street? Or is it all show and blow?

Obama's worry: A nuke in Manhattan

Relocate Wall Street? You'd have to relocate New York City. Good luck with that.

Did you know Rome burned? That's about how it would go down.

PMH has been removed from the list of potential homeland defense chiefs. Although Obabble would probably have the same response.

You are worried about a nuke exploding in Manhattan.

Could you tell me what actions you are taking to prevent it...and what would you do if it happened? Has anyone been warned of the consequences? What plans have been made to relocate Wall Street? Or is it all show and blow?

Obama's worry: A nuke in Manhattan

"Wall Street" is already relocated.

I did it.

Seriously..it was me.

http://www.nyse.com/pdfs/ArcaMigrationtoMahwahFINAL20101022.pdf

Erm..um..I did have some help..however.

:D

But you can still thank me..:smiliehug:

Obama also said russia is a regional power. What an idiot, he should of learned his lesson about running his mouth after the red line comment.

Relocate Wall Street? You'd have to relocate New York City. Good luck with that.

Did you know Rome burned? That's about how it would go down.

No really.

They didn't stop with relocating the data centers either..

Back office workers getting the boot from New York, London - eFinancialCareers

:(

How often is the plan tested?

It's done.

It was really quite amazing. The datacenter was built in a couple of years. The actually data/application migration as well as connectivity (my role) was set up in a year. That took like 7 days a week, 16 hours a day for me.

It was very difficult.

But we got 'er done.

Then we got the boot!

:eusa_shifty:

By the way, not meaning to bury your thread, really.

Most people don't know that the vital trading systems of the NYSE have been relocated outside of Manhattan. The datacenters are very impressive too. They are buried underground and surrounded by reinforced concrete. They can survive a nuclear holocaust and have several generators powerful enough to provide energy to a couple of cities for several weeks, provided there is enough diesel.

The floor really doesn't do anything anymore. But it looks nice on tv.

:D

Forum List

Back