So if a private business owner says one has to be vaxxed to work there

I've run in to many, many liberals, however, who see it differently. They believe that anti-discrimination laws exist to ensure that everyone is "treated equally". And that mindset is fueling the Trumpster's sudden enthusiasm for state intervention in such matters.

The law clearly sees it differently.
The Bill of Rights originally was just limits on federal jurisdiction.
Thus originally only the federal government was banned from discrimination, such as political, religious, race, etc.
But the 14th amendment changed all that.
Now it is up to the courts to decide what inherent individual rights are, and when they can be violated.
The fact there are a few specific examples of some discrimination that is explicitly prohibited by legislation, does not in any way reduce the inherent individual rights against discrimination as established by judicial precident.

Because it’s based off things that have nothing to do their business, it’s solely to enforce the will of a political party and punish their enemies.
Why wouldn't vaccination have anything to do with their business? People having infectious diseases kinda affects everyone.

No, they don't, or shouldn't. I'd be getting discriminated against and barred from restaurants... because of my medical history? And specifically because I refuse to be a guinea pig for Big Pharma and the government? If that's going to be the case, can you point me in the direction of the land of the free?
Yes, they have every right to protect themselves and you have no right to infect others. After all, this is the land of the free.

What's fascist about employers determining for themselves whom they want to employ?
Sure
Because it’s based off things that have nothing to do their business, it’s solely to enforce the will of a political party and punish their enemies.
Who are you to judge an employer? If they perceive it in their interests of employees as a whole, or customers, or their own to attract customers .... it's no one else's business .... unless race creed or gender (sometimes) is the basis for the decision.

Yes, they have every right to protect themselves and you have no right to infect others. After all, this is the land of the free.

So to "protect themselves," people have the right to compel other people to take a vaccine. What a load of crap. Yeah, dude, you're a Nazi just to protect yourself, no other reason. Sure you are

It would be illegal, at least in some states. There's no valid scientific or business reason to fire vaccinated people.

bendog: People can make their own choice, as long as the Democrat party agrees with their choice

Democrats still don't understand that allowing someone to make their own choices means that you might disagree with their choices

So to "protect themselves," people have the right to compel other people to take a vaccine. What a load of crap. Yeah, dude, you're a Nazi just to protect yourself, no other reason. Sure you are
no one has to get vaccinated ... for the gazzionth time. It's just that no one has a right to a job ... without a contract or an exception to employment at will

bendog: People can make their own choice, as long as the Democrat party agrees with their choice

Democrats still don't understand that allowing someone to make their own choices means that you might disagree with their choices
I'm not a democrat, and feel free to not get vaccinated.

Sure

Who are you to judge an employer? If they perceive it in their interests of employees as a whole, or customers, or their own to attract customers .... it's no one else's business .... unless race creed or gender (sometimes) is the basis for the decision.
Cool. So we can fire people for being vaccinated.

It would be illegal, at least in some states. There's no valid scientific or business reason to fire vaccinated people.
Nor is there to fire unvaccinated.

What about people who had the WuFlu? They have better immunity than any vaxxed person. Don’t hear anyone talking about how to identify them. Zero reason to fire them.

• Thanks
Reactions: kaz

Forum List

Back