So if Democrats take over in November will they finally make good on their goal of a crashing econom

I could easily see our booming economy stalling out if the left takes hold in November.

It will be quite interesting to see how the markets will react the day after the midterm elections.
My guess would be if Republicans retain control we see a bump and if the left wins we see a dip.

One of many possibilities could happen. But yes, that is one of them. I was going to say:

If the Republicans win, we would see a Santa Rally like we have not seen in years. If the Democrats win - we could see that Santa rally a "kiss goodbye".

Meh, Dem's are no match for president Trump. Trump neutered both the Dem's and the liberal media. IF Dem's somehow re-take the House its going to be hilarious watching Trump destroy them. :auiqs.jpg:

I could easily see our booming economy stalling out if the left takes hold in November.
It’s because of Democrats the economy is where it is.

All you have to do is look at where Republicans left the economy for Obama in 2009 and where Obama left the economy for Trump.

It couldn’t be any clearer.

Our booming economy is due for a stall, we are 9 months short of the all time record for months of economic expansion.

It really does not matter who controls the government. Our system was designed to fail on occasion as a means of control and correction.

/----/ Dems vow to bring back the glory days of FDR's soup kitchens - FREE FOOD FOR ALL
iu

No matter which side wins with the red ink being run up it is easy to imagine the fed tightening the money supply to curtail chances of out of control inflation.

/----/ Dems vow to bring back the glory days of FDR's soup kitchens - FREE FOOD FOR ALL
iu
At the time conservatives crashed the stock market leaving the country in a depression. I suspect conservatives at the time felt that people that had no jobs should just starve.

Kind of like they feel about healthcare today. If you can’t afford it die fukers, just die and make it quick.

if the democrats fail to take Congress the republicans will blame them for crashing the economy -

who really gives a shit what the crybaby republicans think ...

It’s because of Democrats the economy is where it is.

All you have to do is look at where Republicans left the economy for Obama in 2009 and where Obama left the economy for Trump.

It couldn’t be any clearer.

Your dog could have advanced the economy equal to what O did. O did nothing for the economy.

if the democrats fail to take Congress the republicans will blame them for crashing the economy -

who really gives a shit what the crybaby republicans think ...

And no one really cares what libs think on the economy.

Well, according to the experts at the IMF, the things to crash the global economy are already in place..................

World economy at risk of another financial crash, says IMF

The world economy is at risk of another financial meltdown, following the failure of governments and regulators to push through all the reforms needed to protect the system from reckless behaviour, the International Monetary Fund has warned.

With global debt levels well above those at the time of the last crash in 2008, the risk remains that unregulated parts of the financial system could trigger a global panic, the Washington-based lender of last resort said.

Much has been done to shore up the reserves of banks in the last 10 years and to put in place more rigorous oversight of the financial sector, but “risks tend to rise during good times, such as the current period of low interest rates and subdued volatility, and those risks can always migrate to new areas”, the IMF said, adding, “supervisors must remain vigilant to these unfolding events”.

But......................this is the thing that REALLY concerns me..................

Speaking this week before the fund’s forthcoming annual meeting – taking place next week on the Indonesian island of Bali – the IMF’s head, Christine Lagarde, said she was concerned that the total value of global debt, in both the public and private sectors, has rocketed by 60% in the decade since the financial crisis to reach an all-time high of $182tn (£139tn).

She said the build-up made developing world governments and companies more vulnerable to higher US interest rates, which could trigger a flight of funds and destabilise their economies. “This should serve as a wake-up call,” she said.

If the dems take the House there will be major fights over spending priorities, which means "compromising" or funding for everything. It remains to be seen if the Senate and Trump could afford another shutdown of the government. Newt and Ryan talked about a balanced Budget, but neither one could get it done.

Last edited:
So if Democrats take over in November will they finally make good on their goal of a crashing econom
well they try everytime

Actually, according to the IMF, the conditions for the global market to crash are already in place. Link in post 16 talks about it.

Forum List

Back