So, let's say Obama grants amnesty through Executive Order

And then Obama is impeached and removed from office, but Obama refuses to leave office...

what then?
in this pretend scenario, the US Marshall's would arrest him

You miss the point

The President exceeds his executive authority, that particular order gets overruled. It is not a violation of the law. you don't like an EO, overrule it
I'm not missing the point

if obama is impeached, he's out, if he doesn't leave, as in takes control, he will get arrested.

That's the one

Prove Obama is exceeding his executive authority and we can talk

Prove we need new immigration laws rather than enforcement of the laws that already exist.
We have 10 million immigrants currently in our country

Trying to apply current immigration policy is fruitless. Find a way to make them tax paying citizens

OR, and I'm just spit balling here.

Apply the current law and fine the fuck out of employers until there are no employers willing to risk hiring illegal aliens and when the jobs disappear , so do the illegal aliens.

Fine them?

Throw their ass in jail

no need for that, a $100,000 per violation fine would suffice nicely.

$100,000 per illegal, per day worked. Second offense: $1,000,000,000 fine and 20 years in prison. Employing, sheltering, housing, or otherwise aiding an illegal alien in any way other than emergency medical treatment should be a felony, bringing at least 10 years in prison.

The Border Patrol should have a shoot-on-sight order.

Prove we need new immigration laws rather than enforcement of the laws that already exist.
We have 10 million immigrants currently in our country

Trying to apply current immigration policy is fruitless. Find a way to make them tax paying citizens

OR, and I'm just spit balling here.

Apply the current law and fine the fuck out of employers until there are no employers willing to risk hiring illegal aliens and when the jobs disappear , so do the illegal aliens.

Fine them?

Throw their ass in jail

no need for that, a $100,000 per violation fine would suffice nicely.

$100,000 per illegal, per day worked. Second offense: $1,000,000,000 fine and 20 years in prison. Employing, sheltering, housing, or otherwise aiding an illegal alien in any way other than emergency medical treatment should be a felony, bringing at least 10 years in prison.

The Border Patrol should have a shoot-on-sight order.

Seems a bit excessive

In truth, I would bring the boys home from South Korea, and place them right on the border of Mexico.

Direct quote from speaker of the house on this exact issue in response to obama. Stick around ill be your mentor. Kid.
Do nothing Boehner?

Immigration reform has sat on his desk for a year, what has he accomplished?

If he doesn't want Obama to do something, why doesn't he?
I wouldnt touch it either till work was almost done securing the boarder first.

That's it?

Ignore the issue until nobody can cross the border?

I don't blame Obama for passing EOs. It is obvious Republicans will do nothing
How many amnisty bills you want to pass every 30 years? Lol
None

We want to pass a path towards citizenship
Whats funny is that this cycle of what you want will keep happening because the dems back to when reagan was in office refused to secure the boarder to this day. Now us republicans are forced to say prove it and secure the boarder first then we'll talk about the illegals already here. Your president is making my case. Confirmation. You are a moron. Just tought you some history here. Kid.

And then Obama is impeached and removed from office, but Obama refuses to leave office...

what then?

You miss the point

The President exceeds his executive authority, that particular order gets overruled. It is not a violation of the law. you don't like an EO, overrule it

if obama is impeached, he's out, if he doesn't leave, as in takes control, he will get arrested.
You guys need to get over your silly impeachment delusions. It's not going to happen

If you don't like Executive Orders, pass your own immigration bill

what then?

You miss the point

You guys need to get over your silly impeachment delusions. It's not going to happen

If you don't like Executive Orders, pass your own immigration bill
I don't support impeachment

I'm going along with this fake scenario that you seem to be taking seriously

An interesting move would be for the states to make illegal immigration a crime. Then direct their own state authorities to arrest illegal and deport them elsewhere.
Just because there is no federal statute does not mean there cannot be a state statute.

what then?

Congress simply has to pass a veto proof law nullifying the EO. If they can't do that then getting a conviction is going to be difficult.

But good luck. I hope the House takes the bait.

what then?

Congress simply has to pass a veto proof law nullifying the EO. If they can't do that then getting a conviction is going to be difficult.

The House will not touch immigration reform with a ten foot pole. The rightwing media will not let them

In the absence of congressional action, executive order is the only way

what then?

The House will not touch immigration reform with a ten foot pole. The rightwing media will not let them

"reform" = amnesty.
No.
Hell no.

Close and enforce the border.
Deport illegals.

what then?

Seems their "outreach" initiatives are fizzing-out so :up: suppression & gerrymandering is their only option. Sad that :(

what then?

Seems their "outreach" initiatives are fizzing-out so :up: suppression & gerrymandering is their only option. Sad that :(
suppressing what?
gerrymandering where?

what then?

No. He could just abolish Congress and declare martial law.

what then?

You forgot the FEMA Death Camps

what then?

You forgot the FEMA Death Camps
Wrong,
Where do you think he plans on sending those GOP congressmen?

George Bush, Bill Clinton, George H.W. Bush and Ronald Reagan—no president in modern history—has changed deportation policy through executive action, except all of them. Oh wait..

Reagan
Executive Order 12324 - Interdiction of Illegal Aliens

Executive Order 12582 - Naturalization requirements exceptions for aliens and non-citizen nationals of the United States who served in the Grenada campaign

H. W. Bush
Executive Order 12711 Deferred deportation of Chinese nationals and their direct dependents in response to the Tiananmen Square protests of 1989. See Executive Order 12711.

W. Bush
Executive Order 13269 of July 3, 2002
Expedited Naturalization of Aliens and Noncitizen Nationals Serving in an Active-Duty Status During the War on
Terrorism

Executive Order 13276
Delegation of Responsibilities Concerning Undocumented Aliens Interdicted or Intercepted in the Caribbean Region

That's nice.

Is obama the president now?

Why is the border open?
Yes, Obama is the President. Yet when those presidents were in charge, nobody called to impeach them for taking executive action on immigration. See the point yet?

George Bush, Bill Clinton, George H.W. Bush and Ronald Reagan—no president in modern history—has changed deportation policy through executive action, except all of them. Oh wait..

Reagan
Executive Order 12324 - Interdiction of Illegal Aliens

Executive Order 12582 - Naturalization requirements exceptions for aliens and non-citizen nationals of the United States who served in the Grenada campaign

H. W. Bush
Executive Order 12711 Deferred deportation of Chinese nationals and their direct dependents in response to the Tiananmen Square protests of 1989. See Executive Order 12711.

W. Bush
Executive Order 13269 of July 3, 2002
Expedited Naturalization of Aliens and Noncitizen Nationals Serving in an Active-Duty Status During the War on
Terrorism

Executive Order 13276
Delegation of Responsibilities Concerning Undocumented Aliens Interdicted or Intercepted in the Caribbean Region

What Obama is doing has nothing to do with deportation.
It about legalization of non citizens and he is going to do it before the new congress comes in.
Nothing like starting the war on the new congress even before they are sworn in.
Reagan, by executive order, exempted illegal immigrants and non-citizens from certain naturalization requirements. That wasn't about deportation either. Did you even read my previous post?

With the promise that the boarders would be sealed which never happened.
Okay. So should we have impeached Reagan then, for passing an executive order changing immigration law and allowing more people to become naturalized citizens?
No, the dimwit congress that made the hollow promise to seal the borders. Dimwits are weak spines pissants.
Perhaps you do not understand. Executive orders are passed exclusively by the President. If an executive order is unconstitutional and an impeachable offense, it is the President that should be impeached.

Forum List

Back