So Now I'm Wondering

I am kind of optimistic about the state of racism in the US today. That the worse case of racism in the US that the left wing media can possibly find is Deen says alot. Racism appears to exist primarily in the imaginations of liberals and the actions of political hucksters.

I am not as optimistic. Without knowing anyone's political beliefs--I hear many people saying--'That's racist' and maybe they are correct--I just don't have the time or inclination to find out how the decisions were made--mainly online. In real life --people seem to be trying to cope with whatever challenges exist in their lives. What they may think or believe I will never know and I am thankful for that.

Generally I suppose I think a 'real racist' would have negative ideas about many groups of people. Life is frustrating, etc. most people have moments when they say things that they don't really mean. jmo.

'Always darkest before dawn'--I certainly hope for 'lighter' days.

shrug--There were many dark moments yesterday, imo, on TV. An entire day, IIRC, on TLC of 'Honey Boo Boo'. Then Lifetime movie channel showed some of the worst of the worst movies--including Jodi Arias.

So tired of learning more about cultures and why people do what they do.

jmo.

There was in interim time when nothing was happening.

That doesn't mean anyone lost a job. When a show is cancelled how many people lose their jobs? None. They just go to work on something else. The people don't work for Two and a Half Men, they work for the studio. The losses for the studio would be financial as they lose the revenue stream from the advertisers on the show. The workers don't lose anything.

"Two and a Half Men" will be a money making property for years to come, but plenty of people are getting hurt by its cancellation.

Sheen, whose representatives did not return a call for comment, will have to kiss his fat $1.2 million per episode paycheck goodbye.

And Warner Brothers spokesman said that at least 250 members of the cast and crew will be out of work since the season's last four episodes were cancelled. It has yet to be decided whether there will be a ninth season, according to Time Warner.

Charlie Sheen is out and Two and a Half Men is cancelled. - Feb. 25, 2011

No doubt that CAST would be out of work if the show is cancelled. But not the workers and don't believe it just because someone is looking for sympathy and support. After all that whineing and hand wringing in 2011, the show was not cancelled. It is still going on. The only one cancelled was Charlie Sheen and even he's doing something else. Actually, even if the cast was out of work for four episodes, it's unlikely that they would have lost a dime. They are all under contract and have to be paid whether they work or not. Warner Bros would have lost a bundle paying everyone though.

Forum List

Back