So Rand Paul is against the Civil Rights Act?

Oh, here's a fun fact:

The 'Rand' is the official currency of? Anyone?

South Africa!!!

...which, apparently, is now farther advanced in the realm of integration than Rand Paul is.

It does? Perhaps you can point out the specific text that grants the federal government that power.

To regulate Commerce with foreign Nations, and among the several States, and with the Indian Tribes;
There it is, you got it.

That's what I thought.

You got nothing!
Ahem:

"Justice Clark noted that under the Interstate Commerce Act, “…the power of Congress to promote interstate commerce also includes the power to regulate the local incidents thereof, including local activities in both the States of origin and destination, which might have a substantial and harmful effect upon that commerce. One need only examine the evidence which we have discussed above to see that Congress may—as it has—prohibit racial discrimination by motels serving travelers, however 'local' their operations may appear.”

Heart of Atlanta Motel, Inc. v. United States (1964)

There it is, you got it.

That's what I thought.

You got nothing!
Ahem:

"Justice Clark noted that under the Interstate Commerce Act, “…the power of Congress to promote interstate commerce also includes the power to regulate the local incidents thereof, including local activities in both the States of origin and destination, which might have a substantial and harmful effect upon that commerce. One need only examine the evidence which we have discussed above to see that Congress may—as it has—prohibit racial discrimination by motels serving travelers, however 'local' their operations may appear.”

Heart of Atlanta Motel, Inc. v. United States (1964)

This has nothing to do with the environment. So you fail!

Case Summary
The Civil Rights Act of 1964 prohibited places of “public accommodation” from discrimination based on customers' race, sex, color, religion, or national origin. The Heart of Atlanta Motel challenged the constitutionality of this provision and, after losing before a three-judge federal court, appealed to the Supreme Court.

It does? Perhaps you can point out the specific text that grants the federal government that power.

To regulate Commerce with foreign Nations, and among the several States, and with the Indian Tribes;
There it is, you got it.

That's what I thought.

You got nothing!

Pollution is a national security issue. The federal government has the mandate to protect the American people from all enemies, foreign and domestic. The military of the United States is derived from the People, so in the interests of national defense, which is an explicit federal responsibility, the protection of the health and safety of the People is a national security interest.

There it is, you got it.

That's what I thought.

You got nothing!

Pollution is a national security issue. The federal government has the mandate to protect the American people from all enemies, foreign and domestic. The military of the United States is derived from the People, so in the interests of national defense, which is an explicit federal responsibility, the protection of the health and safety of the People is a national security interest.

Damn what a stretch!

That's what I read.

Looks like he's trying to straddle a prickly fence and not doing a very good job of it.

And neither one of you read the first post.

You simply pick and choose what you want out of context and then start maligning people. Just as you did in the OP.

Immie

Your statement I put in blue cannot be fixed with context, unless of the context is to add,

hey, I didn't mean what I said.

Why don't you just confirm or deny what said, in the blue quote, and be done with it.

It seems kind of funny and sad how acknowledging that things are not perfect in this country is seen by left wingers like you and PPV as being dishonest and contradictory.

I clearly stated that the government should not have that right, but that because this country is not perfect we needed those laws. I see nothing contradictory in that statement at all. It says in a perfect world the government should not have that right but that we do not live in a perfect world; therefore, exceptions have to be made.

Of course, you had to be deceitful and do your damnedest to change my stance to fit your need to display your hatred of anyone that does not agree with you 100%. This seems to be a trend of the left lately. I have noticed it from several people on your side of the aisle. You can't seem to argue the merits of an issue without changing the words of your opponents and flat out lying about the other side's point of view.

Immie

And that makes him wrong how?

His issue is that federal government shouldn't be involved in certain matters.
Why not? The country was founded on the principal of life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness...the federal documents (the constitution) includes the bill of rights. If someone wants to be an American and/or operate in America they cannot act in an un-American manner.

What liberty do you really have if someone can refuse to serve you a meal simply because of your skin color?
To not eat there, and then to give my business to a restaurant that doesn't have a bigoted POV (and probably has better quality food).

Free Market at work there.
The constitution doesn't protect the rights of the free market.

Why not? The country was founded on the principal of life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness...the federal documents (the constitution) includes the bill of rights. If someone wants to be an American and/or operate in America they cannot act in an un-American manner.

What liberty do you really have if someone can refuse to serve you a meal simply because of your skin color?
To not eat there, and then to give my business to a restaurant that doesn't have a bigoted POV (and probably has better quality food).

Free Market at work there.
The constitution doesn't protect the rights of the free market.
It doesn't give you rights, either, though.

Forum List

Back