So the dumb, "deplorables", "UNEDUCATED" weren't part of the political polls!

WOW....
Talk about a back handed slap!
After a Tough 2016, Many Pollsters Haven’t Changed Anything
So the reason the polls were wrong is because they counted more Educated people and supposedly
most Democrats are more "educated" hence more positives for Hillary in 2016!
and I quote...
"Nearly all of the private pollsters interviewed for this article have, at minimum, begun to do something about education. There is widespread agreement that the industry failed to properly represent less educated white voters, and that this was part of why last year’s polls were too favorable to Democrats."

What a bunch of egotistical, truly uninformed people!

Maybe if they didn't ask more Democrats then GOP that might help.
BUT maybe more importantly is this FACT!!!
Most of us Trump "deplorables" were ridiculed. Were poked fun of by the MSM/entertainment,...liberals..Dems!
As a result we shut up when talking politics. We voted behind the curtain. PROOF of where I speak?
Poll: 71% of Americans Say Political Correctness Has Silenced Discussions Society Needs to Have, 58% Have Political Views They’re Afraid to Share

The Cato 2017 Free Speech and Tolerance Survey, a new national poll of 2,300 U.S. adults, finds that 71% Americans believe that political correctness has silenced important discussions our society needs to have. The consequences are personal—58% of Americans believe the political climate prevents them from sharing their own political beliefs.
Democrats are unique, however, in that a slim majority (53%) do not feel the need to self-censor.
Conversely, strong majorities of Republicans (73%) and independents (58%) say they keep some political beliefs to themselves.

Poll: 71% of Americans Say Political Correctness Has Silenced Discussions Society Needs to Have, 58% Have Political Views They’re Afraid to Share

So when will the pollsters LEARN? The biased MSM poked fun at over 60 million people that voted for Trump.
Called us "anti-immigrant'...(DUH Trump married an immigrant!...I had 40 million have "LEGAL immigrant relatives!)... to this day on this board truly uninformed people who spout opinions based on nothing FEEL not think people like me are "uneducated"! "Uneducated"!

Which polls were wrong?

Really?
Before election day, they were showing a sustained but narrowing lead for Hillary Clinton. The Telegraph's poll tracker, which was based on an average of the last five polls published on RealClearPolitics, showed Clinton leading with three percentage points over Trump.

American statistics and polling analysis site FiveThirtyEight gave Trump a 30 per cent chance of victory going into the final few days. This chance - the same as winning at rock, paper, scissors - was generous compared to other forecasters.
How wrong were the polls in predicting the US election and why did they fail to see Trump's win?

Trump won the electoral college. The polls don't poll electors. The polls only poll the popular vote.
Actually the polls were by States and Trump won in States the pollsters claimed he would lose and lose big. Why? Because they all had 5 to 10 percent undecided in the poll and did NOT take that into consideration on election days those undecided went to TRUMP in a HUGE way. In almost every State poll Hillary Clinton got the percent of the vote the polls said she would. The problem was that percent was 46 to 47 percent.

I believe the NYT said Clinton had a 93% chance of winning, was that wrong?

I've stated this several times........MOST polling gauges individuals' opinions and not the whims of the electoral college.......Ergo, polling was accurate since Clinton DID win the popular vote and not the EC's.
There was NO WHIM in the electoral college dumb ass. Trump won the electoral votes in the Individual States.

WOW....
So the reason the polls were wrong is because they counted more Educated people and supposedly
and I quote...
"Nearly all of the private pollsters interviewed for this article have, at minimum, begun to do something about education. There is widespread agreement that the industry failed to properly represent less educated white voters, and that this was part of why last year’s polls were too favorable to Democrats."

Most of us Trump "deplorables" were ridiculed. Were poked fun of by the MSM/entertainment,...liberals..Dems!
As a result we shut up when talking politics. We voted behind the curtain. PROOF of where I speak?

The Cato 2017 Free Speech and Tolerance Survey, a new national poll of 2,300 U.S. adults, finds that 71% Americans believe that political correctness has silenced important discussions our society needs to have. The consequences are personal—58% of Americans believe the political climate prevents them from sharing their own political beliefs.
Democrats are unique, however, in that a slim majority (53%) do not feel the need to self-censor.
Conversely, strong majorities of Republicans (73%) and independents (58%) say they keep some political beliefs to themselves.

So when will the pollsters LEARN? The biased MSM poked fun at over 60 million people that voted for Trump.
Called us "anti-immigrant'...(DUH Trump married an immigrant!...I had 40 million have "LEGAL immigrant relatives!)... to this day on this board truly uninformed people who spout opinions based on nothing FEEL not think people like me are "uneducated"! "Uneducated"!

Which polls were wrong?

Really?
Before election day, they were showing a sustained but narrowing lead for Hillary Clinton. The Telegraph's poll tracker, which was based on an average of the last five polls published on RealClearPolitics, showed Clinton leading with three percentage points over Trump.

American statistics and polling analysis site FiveThirtyEight gave Trump a 30 per cent chance of victory going into the final few days. This chance - the same as winning at rock, paper, scissors - was generous compared to other forecasters.
How wrong were the polls in predicting the US election and why did they fail to see Trump's win?

Trump won the electoral college. The polls don't poll electors. The polls only poll the popular vote.
Actually the polls were by States and Trump won in States the pollsters claimed he would lose and lose big. Why? Because they all had 5 to 10 percent undecided in the poll and did NOT take that into consideration on election days those undecided went to TRUMP in a HUGE way. In almost every State poll Hillary Clinton got the percent of the vote the polls said she would. The problem was that percent was 46 to 47 percent.

RetiredSgt...
first THANK You for your service!

Second a large number of Trump voters were really hesitate to come out for Trump... See..
And there were millions that either weren't polled, or didn't want to be insulted by the pollsters,MSM and other ignorant people.
Finally, as a retired military person isn't it a relief for the military to finally have a CIC who understands the concept that the war truly isn't the place for political correctness!
Third...I bet you would have found this offensive:
The Obama administration process frustrated many in the military.
Now for a perfect example of one of the many many onerous ROEs...
A laminated card with the following text was distributed to all U.S. Army and Marine personnel in Iraq.
Policies about limiting civilian casualties have soldiers complaining they can't effectively fight;
one showed author Michael Hastings a card with regulations including:
"Patrol only in areas that you are reasonably certain that you will not have to defend yourselves with lethal force."
For a soldier who has traveled halfway around the world to fight, that’s like telling a cop he should only patrol in areas where he knows he won’t have to make arrests.
“Does that make any f–king sense?” Pfc. Jared Pautsch.
In Afghanistan, a New General -- But An Old Strategy

By the way if you have other examples of onerous, stupid ROEs that were foisted on the military strictly out of PC please share!

the left doesn't get it.

you can call everyone not you any name you like.
but don't be so shocked on election day when we say

fuck you

Polls do not take into account the EC glitches, only potential popular vote is polled.

WOW....
and I quote...

Which polls were wrong?

Really?

The polls did not 'claim' she would win the 3 states she lost, and you admit it in your post and don't even know you did.

The state poll averages were 92% accurate on a raw win/lose basis.

WOW....
and I quote...

I DEMAND an apology from the above nitwit regarding Clinton's "deplorable" quip, once someone reads for him the actual Hillary quote.....(but these morons NEVER apologize.......LOL)

“[Y]ou could put half of Trump’s supporters into what I call the basket of deplorables. Right? The racist, sexist, homophobic, xenophobic, Islamophobic — you name it. And unfortunately there are people like that … But the other basket … are people who feel that the government has let them down, the economy has let them down, nobody cares about them, nobody worries about what happens to their lives and their futures, and they’re just desperate for change.”

For what are you demanding an apology?
So are you saying Hillary said half of all Trump supporters are "deplorables"? Is that your distinction?
And the other half are NOT deplorables? Is that the distinction?

Trump gets a pass in stating that "there were good people on both sides" of the Charlottesville's mess.......but Clinton does NOT when it comes to the "deplorable" quip???

WOW....
and I quote...

I DEMAND an apology from the above nitwit regarding Clinton's "deplorable" quip, once someone reads for him the actual Hillary quote.....(but these morons NEVER apologize.......LOL)

“[Y]ou could put half of Trump’s supporters into what I call the basket of deplorables. Right? The racist, sexist, homophobic, xenophobic, Islamophobic — you name it. And unfortunately there are people like that … But the other basket … are people who feel that the government has let them down, the economy has let them down, nobody cares about them, nobody worries about what happens to their lives and their futures, and they’re just desperate for change.”

For what are you demanding an apology?
So are you saying Hillary said half of all Trump supporters are "deplorables"? Is that your distinction?
And the other half are NOT deplorables? Is that the distinction?

Trump gets a pass in stating that "there were good people on both sides" of the Charlottesville's mess.......but Clinton does NOT when it comes to the "deplorable" quip???

So you think ONLY good people are these people.. ANTIFA terrorists?

Screen Shot 2017-11-07 at 9.02.09 AM.png

Any similarities with this group...

Screen Shot 2017-11-07 at 9.03.29 AM.png

WOW....
and I quote...

Which polls were wrong?

Really?

The polls did not 'claim' she would win the 3 states she lost, and you admit it in your post and don't even know you did.

NO proof in your personal opinion! Please submit the link that shows "state polls 92% accurate"!

HuffPost Forecasts Hillary Clinton Will Win With 323 Electoral Votes
Democrats stand a strong chance of taking control of the Senate as well.
HuffPost Forecasts Hillary Clinton Will Win With 323 Electoral Votes | HuffPost

As of Monday morning, polls show a modest lead for Hillary Clinton. She’s ahead of Donald Trump in the RealClearPolitics four-way national average (which also includes Libertarian Gary Johnson and Green Party candidate Jill Stein) by 2.2 percentage points and by 2.0 points in the two-way average.
Poll Position: Where Clinton, Trump Stand on Election Eve | RealClearPolitics

Which polls were wrong?

Really?

NO proof in your personal opinion! Please submit the link that shows "state polls 92% accurate"!

On realclear politics, the final poll averages for the 50 states showed that only 4 of the 50 were wrong in terms of who was ahead in that final average.
The polls showed HRC ahead in PA, MI, and WI, that she lost.

The polls showed Trump ahead in Nevada, which HRC won.

As of Monday morning, polls show a modest lead for Hillary Clinton. She’s ahead of Donald Trump in the RealClearPolitics four-way national average (which also includes Libertarian Gary Johnson and Green Party candidate Jill Stein) by 2.2 percentage points and by 2.0 points in the two-way average.

You just confirmed that the national polls were right, you dumbass.

WOW! Where have you been? Isn't it kind of dark with your head up your behind?
Those were polls taken before the election and the polls were predicting a Hillary victory! GEEZ talk about being in the total DARK!
Click on the links and learn something!

Those were polls taken before the election and the polls were predicting a Hillary victory! GEEZ talk about being in the total DARK!

You posted this:

She’s ahead of Donald Trump in the RealClearPolitics four-way national average (which also includes Libertarian Gary Johnson and Green Party candidate Jill Stein) by 2.2 percentage points and by 2.0 points in the two-way average.

The final result was, Clinton won the popular vote by 2 points. So your post proves the polls were right.

You posted this:

She’s ahead of Donald Trump in the RealClearPolitics four-way national average (which also includes Libertarian Gary Johnson and Green Party candidate Jill Stein) by 2.2 percentage points and by 2.0 points in the two-way average.

The final result was, Clinton won the popular vote by 2 points. So your post proves the polls were right.
Polls do NOT take popular vote across the Country in to account EACH poll is strictly limited to an individual State.

Yes they have. Following your lead, depends on ones state of mind. How many millionaires are there today vs 50 years ago?

The 18 countries with the most millionaires
“The US alone claims 13.6 million adults with a net worth above $1 million — that's 41% of all the world's millionaires and more than the next eight countries combined.

The US has more opportunity for those that wish to work for it than any other in the world.
And why does the left always define success in dollars, rather than happiness in freedom of having enough, to be happy. That is real success.
Many of the wealthiest people in the world were self made with little in the way of higher education.

“The truth is that Americans have never had an equal opportunity to become wealthy. Rather than concocting fables about our ‘opportunity society,’ the editors of Forbes should be examining the birthright privileges enjoyed by many of those on the list,” the report stated.

On its face, the question of whether a couple dozen billionaires made or inherited their wealth seems trivial. And even by United for a Fair Economy's calculations, the number of "self-made" rich is rising. In 1997, the group calculated that 50 percent of the Forbes list inherited all or part of their fortune.

Did the Forbes 400 Billionaires Really 'Build That'?

Last edited:

You posted this:

Well thank goodness for the electoral college because Ca/NY which Trump knew as did everyone else would go for Hillary and THAT was the 2 point popularity difference.
The above polls though were considering NON=CA/NY states as going for Hillary!

The polls all had Hillary ahead. Even in the States she lost she was supposed to win. BUT the percentage she got in those States was what the polls said she would get. The problem was there was a large undecided vote that the polls ignored.

Forum List

Back