So vaccine question

And because it's going through FDA review, those who questioned it's safety are now saying they would be willing to be the first to receive it. It was Trump EO approval they did not trust.

Cuomo, Biden, and Harris all said they would not take any vaccine developed under President Trump. Thank you for your opinionated clarification / translation of what they meant....

:p

It's a shame, but even the FDA is part of the deep state. They wanted to extend testing for an additional 3 months than any other vaccine we had in the past. Maybe they had reasons for that, but given it was coming out so close to the election, I have my suspicions about it.

have yall ever met a conspiracy theory you didnt fall for? the vaccine is totally new...and will work...i remember the same reaction to the polio vaccines but people lined their asses up and got it...and dam it to hell it worked...i hope all you asses dont take it....deal with covid...see how you like that?

anyone on a vent from the vaccine...no
anyone died from it......no
are there reactions to it..yes like anything you put in your body there are reactions....
are the reactions less than the covid symptoms...yes

are yall a bunch of damn fools....who think trump won and is your savior...apparently

have yall ever met a conspiracy theory you didnt fall for? the vaccine is totally new...and will work...i remember the same reaction to the polio vaccines but people lined their asses up and got it...and dam it to hell it worked...i hope all you asses dont take it....deal with covid...see how you like that?

are there reactions to it..yes like anything you put in your body there are reactions....

are yall a bunch of damn fools....who think trump won and is your savior...apparently
I don't take ANY drugs or shots. No immunization. No pain meds. Only Tylenol in EXTREME situations.
Has nothing to do with fear or religion either. I just choose not to. And I haven't been "sick" in near a decade outside of the annual flu and I don't even get that half the time.

My health choices are mine and they are not based on your feelings/fears

The virus will not disappear. We can all vaccine and it will still be back. People’s immune systems weaken to this virus over time, so unless everyone gets boosters, it will continue on.

I gave the example of smallpox.
People are no longer vaccinated for it, because it was eliminated.

The smallpox vaccine is no longer available to the public. In 1972, routine smallpox vaccination in the United States ended. In 1980, the World Health Organization (WHO) declared smallpox was eliminated. Because of this, the public doesn't need protection from the disease.

It won’t work and my distrust of the vaccine has nothing to do with the orange buffoon. Don’t be stupid.

I, nor my family, will be taking these mRNA vaccines. 6 months of clinical trials for this new technology vaccine that programs your dna and all other vaccines take 5-12 years of trials. No thank you.

The virus will not disappear. We can all vaccine and it will still be back. People’s immune systems weaken to this virus over time, so unless everyone gets boosters, it will continue on.

The smallpox vaccine is no longer available to the public. In 1972, routine smallpox vaccination in the United States ended. In 1980, the World Health Organization (WHO) declared smallpox was eliminated. Because of this, the public doesn't need protection from the disease.
That is a nice example but such does not really have any implications on the COVID vaccine. They are fundamentally different and coronavirus is extremely difficult to vaccinate against. While elimination is possible I am extremely dubious that such will happen. More than likely we will all adjust and this vaccine will have to given annually or some other regular interval like the flu vaccine. Ideally, the virus will mutate to something that is more amenable and not as deadly so that immunity is not as vital.

I will take it when it is readily available for the general public. Vaccinations are responsible for saving more lives than virtually any other medical advancement ever achieved by a MASSIVE margin. Refusing vaccines is an asinine decision to make though it is yours to make.

I don't take ANY drugs or shots. No immunization. No pain meds. Only Tylenol in EXTREME situations.
Has nothing to do with fear or religion either. I just choose not to. And I haven't been "sick" in near a decade outside of the annual flu and I don't even get that half the time.

I'd take a vaccine before I'd take fucking Tylenol

I'd take a vaccine before I'd take fucking Tylenol
LOL.

Truth be told, the side effects of Tylenol are likely worse than most vaccines. I use Ibuprofen for headaches and such now. Generally speaking, it is less damaging and has less of a chance to cause liver damage.

Smallpox and the coronavirus are two different things. Smallpox needed one vaccine and you had immunity, the same is not said about the coronavirus, your immunity to it lessens over time. We may need boosters every few years to keep it away. If what you claim is true, you would not need to worry about getting Covid again.
You have no clue as to what you are saying, you are just blindly hoping.

I will take it when it is readily available for the general public. Vaccinations are responsible for saving more lives than virtually any other medical advancement ever achieved by a MASSIVE margin. Refusing vaccines is an asinine decision to make though it is yours to make.

The problem is people generally don't know. You can take the vaccine now, and in five or so years, research discovers it gives you heart problems later on. We don't know that until we've had it for a number of years.

The problem is people generally don't know. You can take the vaccine now, and in five or so years, research discovers it gives you heart problems later on. We don't know that until we've had it for a number of years.
And the risk factor needs to be compared to the risk factor of not taking it.

We actually do know, in general, what those risk factors are even if they cannot be nailed down to extremely specific numbers. One thing we can be pretty sure about, the risk factor of the vaccine will be less than the risk factor of COVID. Even with the relatively small number of deaths that occur from getting the infection, it is still a very high death rate particularly when compared to the risk factors of vaccines and even more so when considering that contracting COVID is so damn likely.

We actually do know, in general, what those risk factors are even if they cannot be nailed down to extremely specific numbers. One thing we can be pretty sure about, the risk factor of the vaccine will be less than the risk factor of COVID. Even with the relatively small number of deaths that occur from getting the infection, it is still a very high death rate particularly when compared to the risk factors of vaccines and even more so when considering that contracting COVID is so damn likely.

We really don't know because we haven't had enough years to know. The testing that takes place now is impossible to tell you what could happen to you ten years from now. You need to monitor the vaccine for another 10 years to find out.

Remember the silicone breast implants? They were successful for many years. Then women started experiencing problems much later on. Finally the company that produced them was sued out of business if I remember correctly. Now.......one might think they are safe because women have been getting them for five years. Others would ask themselves in spite of it's success rate, is it really smart to put a product in your body that an oil change place uses to keep your car doors from squeaking?

Anytime you put something new into your body, you have to be at least a little skeptical. Others will meet the challenge head on. The wife of a friend of mine volunteered to be a test subject for the vaccine. In some patients they used the actual vaccine. In others they used saline. She said she didn't feel any different or any side effects, so she believes she was injected with saline, but she still doesn't know. I told my friend his wife is a very brave person.

We really don't know because we haven't had enough years to know. The testing that takes place now is impossible to tell you what could happen to you ten years from now. You need to monitor the vaccine for another 10 years to find out.

Remember the silicone breast implants? They were successful for many years. Then women started experiencing problems much later on. Finally the company that produced them was sued out of business if I remember correctly. Now.......one might think they are safe because women have been getting them for five years. Others would ask themselves in spite of it's success rate, is it really smart to put a product in your body that an oil change place uses to keep your car doors from squeaking?

Anytime you put something new into your body, you have to be at least a little skeptical. Others will meet the challenge head on. The wife of a friend of mine volunteered to be a test subject for the vaccine. In some patients they used the actual vaccine. In others they used saline. She said she didn't feel any different or any side effects, so she believes she was injected with saline, but she still doesn't know. I told my friend his wife is a very brave person.
Sure, be skeptical. However, breast implants were not solving a even a .2% chance of being killed and that is the absolute lowest estimation I have seen on COVID for adults. The vaccine is going to be nowhere near that. We do know enough about vaccines and the vaccination process to make that call. And that does not even cover the damage that we know for certain COVID does do even when you survive it. The 10 year effects of COVID itself without the mortality are likely to outweigh the vaccine, with the mortality rate there is little to no question where the risk analysis points.

From my understanding the feds have paid for the vaccine. Will they be giving it free to the public or do we have to pay the government for it?

Personally I don't even know if I want it. Certainly not in the first wave but what about the poor who want the injection?
They can have mine, since I won't be getting it.

Forum List

Back