So vaccine question

From my understanding the feds have paid for the vaccine. Will they be giving it free to the public or do we have to pay the government for it?

Personally I don't even know if I want it. Certainly not in the first wave but what about the poor who want the injection?
The government is paying for the doses. I believe they are giving it to people without charging them.

So we pay for the vaccine with our tax dollars.
Then I want a refund, because I don't want mine.

From my understanding the feds have paid for the vaccine. Will they be giving it free to the public or do we have to pay the government for it?

Personally I don't even know if I want it. Certainly not in the first wave but what about the poor who want the injection?
The government is paying for the doses. I believe they are giving it to people without charging them.

What tax dollars? You scum have killed all the jobs.

My work is already setting up an area for us to get the vaccine. While it won’t be mandatory, I have no problem with getting it.
Are you in the medical industry?

I thought it would be some time before it was available outside high risk individuals and medical personnel.

Good point. The country has zero jobs now.

Jesus. Shut up.

Good point. The country has zero jobs now.

Jesus. Shut up.
Jesus can talk all he wants.

My work is already setting up an area for us to get the vaccine. While it won’t be mandatory, I have no problem with getting it.

I thought it would be some time before it was available outside high risk individuals and medical personnel.
Yes. I work at a hospital.
That makes sense.

Above all else, you guys need it fast as exposure there can be far higher. At least for those that have to deal with patents and those they interact with.

That makes sense.

Above all else, you guys need it fast as exposure there can be far higher. At least for those that have to deal with patents and those they interact with.
My exposure is limited to the importance of me having to enter a patients room. Something I've been able to avoid.

That makes sense.

My exposure is limited to the importance of me having to enter a patients room. Something I've been able to avoid.
That is good.

I doubt that the government has the nuance or the resources to bother with such delineations though - always a problem when dealing with government. It is not efficient.

I am betting the best they can do is work at X location then vaccine is available. Do not work there than wait till your area is on the list. OTOH, the one thing the government is reasonably good at is distributing things on a massive scale - exactly what the vaccine is going to require. It should be rather interesting to see how the distribution works out and how available the vaccine ends up being for the general public in the coming weeks.

Sure, be skeptical. However, breast implants were not solving a even a .2% chance of being killed and that is the absolute lowest estimation I have seen on COVID for adults. The vaccine is going to be nowhere near that. We do know enough about vaccines and the vaccination process to make that call. And that does not even cover the damage that we know for certain COVID does do even when you survive it. The 10 year effects of COVID itself without the mortality are likely to outweigh the vaccine, with the mortality rate there is little to no question where the risk analysis points.

I'm simply explaining how people generally think. If this vaccine was under testing for several years, I'd be less worried about it. As I stated earlier, before getting it I will discuss it with my doctor, and more importantly my cousin who is a retired research doctor. I'm 60 and have several conditions that make me extremely vulnerable to severe illness or death.

I nominate Bill Gates to get the first 20 injections, and then his kids to get the same.
I’ll be in the first wave. I have no concerns for my safety.

Then again, I’m not a lunatic so that’s probably why.
Or you have no understanding about what this disease is.

Sure we do, less than 2% mortality and virtually nobody dies from it except those with serious underlying conditions. You're the silly terrified little girl.

I nominate Bill Gates to get the first 20 injections, and then his kids to get the same.
I’ll be in the first wave. I have no concerns for my safety.

Then again, I’m not a lunatic so that’s probably why.
Or you have no understanding about what this disease is.

Sure we do, less than 2% mortality and virtually nobody dies from it except those with serious underlying conditions. You're the silly terrified little girl.
I'll bet jillian wears a mask 24/7. lol

I appreciated this information about the government issued card confirming one has taken the vaccine. I know having this will be necessary for travel to China, and possibly other nations in future. Since I have a beautiful American granddaughter in Beijing and my wife and I want to visit our family there as soon as this Covid madness ends, we will probably have to get the vaccine sooner rather than later.

P.S. Ignore the stupid video in this link. People will surely not be “forced to carry” this card with them. As for safety, like others I will stay informed of the latest scientific news about any possible bad allergic or other reactions.

Last edited:
I appreciated this information about the government issued card confirming one has taken the vaccine. I know having this will be necessary for travel to China, and possibly other nations in future. Since I have a beautiful American granddaughter in Beijing and my wife and I want to visit our family there as soon as this Covid madness ends, we will probably have to get the vaccine sooner rather than later.

P.S. Ignore the stupid video in this link. People will surely not be “forced to carry” this card with them. As for safety, like others I will stay informed of the latest scientific news about any possible bad allergic or other reactions.

Thank god!!!! Whatever would we do if you weren't looking out for us????

To bad all you antivaxxers had parents that made sure you got a polio vaccine but I suppose you don't think polio was real

Never had the polo vaccine! And I'm 61. Never had nothing more than a minor cold my entire life....no need for vaccines...just healthy eating, excercise, and no smoking or heavy drinking! :yes_text12:

AND NOT WEARING A SLAVE MASK! :no_text11:

Forum List

Back