So, what exactly do blacks claim they don't have?

Can any of you goofballs tell me why blacks should receive longer sentences for committing the same crime and having the same background? If not then tell the OP

If the situations are exactly the same (very rare when they are) and a black man received more time or a harsher sentence, then it can be viewed as racism.

:thewave: FINALLY!!!!!! :thewave:

Who would argue with that?
Notice he will not provide the specific situation he is referring to. Meaning he would need to provide all of the mitigating factors.

Notice how he is not offering up that. Meaning he is referring to a hypothetical. Yet he insists pillars offered that up, which he did not.

Lol

I think CC means well.... he most often is quite civil.

Can any of you goofballs tell me why blacks should receive longer sentences for committing the same crime and having the same background? If not then tell the OP

If the situations are exactly the same (very rare when they are) and a black man received more time or a harsher sentence, then it can be viewed as racism.

Show me the case you are talking about. Provide all mitigating factors. That must include backgrounds for both, where the crime took place (which state, was it a federal crime etc.)

Show the case you are talking about and provide everything.

Thanks.

I am also looking forward to the cases he will provide for us. Should be interesting reading.

Notice he will not provide the specific situation he is referring to. Meaning he would need to provide all of the mitigating factors.

Notice how he is not offering up that. Meaning he is referring to a hypothetical. Yet he insists pillars offered that up, which he did not.

Lol

Ahhh, he is still an asshole.

Lol

He seems like a fine person. Somehow he has managed to remain a free man despite the amount of pigmentation his skin contains. I'm very happy for him and appreciative of his civil tone. I don't picture him as the type to throw Molotov cocktails at random police officers.

What are THOSE PEOPLE claiming they are being deprived?

Anyone know?
BlkOnBlk_zpswvo3soxn.png

Rutgers University

I cant wait to hear the question he generates here! Yeah well, who the hell is Sampson and Wilson? IDK, so they suck! And didnt account for the number of really tan white guys who were mistakenly identified as Cherokee Indians on Super Tuesday!

Robert J Sampson and William Julius Wilson are researchers.

While I agree that the majority of those who are victimized by the police are white to the black and Hispanic communities , police brutality causes a situation where "their cup runneth over".

The cumulative effect of so many indignations cause violent outbursts,

Lol

He seems like a fine person. Somehow he has managed to remain a free man despite the amount of pigmentation his skin contains. I'm very happy for him and appreciative of his civil tone. I don't picture him as the type to throw Molotov cocktails at random police officers.

But he justifies those that do and in my mind those that justify those that do are as guilty. That is the way I see it.

It is sort of like those that do not turn in a child molester. By not turning them in or justifying bad behavior you are enabling them.

Maybe a bad example. Hope you understand what I am saying. He is going to vote for hillary for Gods sake.

Notice how he is not offering that up.
Meaning he is referring to a hypothetical. Yet he insists pillars offered that up, which he did not.

Lol

It's not individual cases, it's THOUSANDS AND THOUSANDS OF CASES. Black men receive longer sentences, for the same crimes, than white men. Black men are also more likely to be sentenced to prison--FOR THE SAME CRIME--as whites.

Racial Gap in Men's Sentencing

Prison sentences of black men were nearly 20% longer than those of white men for similar crimes in recent years, an analysis by the U.S. Sentencing Commission found.

New study by Prof. David Abrams and co-authors confirms racial bias in criminal sentencing
“We find evidence of significant inter-judge disparity in the racial gap in incarceration rates, providing support for the model where at least some judges treat defendants differently based on their race,” Abrams and his co-authors note in the study. “The magnitude of this effect is substantial. The gap in incarceration rates between White and African-American defendants increases by 18 percentage points (compared to a mean incarceration rate of 51% for African-Americans and 38% for Whites) when moving from the 10th to 90th percentile judge in the racial gap distribution.”

I go to court a lot for the young people that I work with, and if you sit in court for any length of time as they dispose of cases, you will see it in action.

These damned darkies.

First, they wanted to eat at the same lunch counter I eat at. They already had their own places to eat, but they think they are SPECIAL.

Then they wanted to use the same restrooms I use. They already had their own places to take a dump, even if it was just a ditch out back, but they think they are SPECIAL.

Then they wanted to go to the same schools and colleges and universities MY kids go to. We warned this would lead to some of those black boys having sex with white girls, and look what happened!

But that STILL wasn't enough! Then they wanted to be able to buy a house in the same neighborhood as MY house! They think they are so SPECIAL!!! :mad-61::mad-61::mad-61:

And then they wanted the same JOBS us decent folk have! They already had jobs! Who else is going to clean our toilets?

And now they wanted to be treated the same as white people in the justice system. You have got to be kidding me.
And their wants and needs to be treated FAIRLY have been opposed by self-proclaimed conservatives. every. step. of. the. way. up to now. As you can see illustrated clearly in this very thread.

This is also a helpful article, with pictures for those who are not capable of reading a university study.

Eight Charts That Show How the Justice System Is Stacked Against Black Americans

Here are some key points:

Police are three times as likely to search the cars of stopped black drivers than stopped white drivers, as the chart below, based on data from the Bureau of Justice Statistics, illustrates. Nationally, black drivers are also more likely to be pulled over and less likely to receive a reason for being stopped. In one Rhode Island study, black drivers were stopped more even though they were less likely to receive a citation.

Police arrest black Americans for drug crimes at twice the rate of whites, according to federal data, despite the fact that whites use drugs at comparable rates and sell drugs at comparable or even higher rates.

A 2014 study in New York City showed that blacks were more likely than whites or nonblack minorities to be in jail while they await trial, even after controlling for the seriousness of charges and prior record.

As a side note, in my county, it is normal for defendants in serious criminal cases to sit in jail for over 2 years, waiting to go to trial.

The same study in New York found that black defendants are more likely to be offered plea deals that include prison time than whites or nonblack minorities.

So, to sum up...at every point in the criminal justice system, blacks are disproportionately likely to experience harsher treatment than whites--for the same crimes.

Notice how he is not offering that up.
Meaning he is referring to a hypothetical. Yet he insists pillars offered that up, which he did not.

Lol

It's not individual cases, it's THOUSANDS AND THOUSANDS OF CASES. Black men receive longer sentences, for the same crimes, than white men. Black men are also more likely to be sentenced to prison--FOR THE SAME CRIME--as whites.

Racial Gap in Men's Sentencing

Prison sentences of black men were nearly 20% longer than those of white men for similar crimes in recent years, an analysis by the U.S. Sentencing Commission found.

New study by Prof. David Abrams and co-authors confirms racial bias in criminal sentencing
“We find evidence of significant inter-judge disparity in the racial gap in incarceration rates, providing support for the model where at least some judges treat defendants differently based on their race,” Abrams and his co-authors note in the study. “The magnitude of this effect is substantial. The gap in incarceration rates between White and African-American defendants increases by 18 percentage points (compared to a mean incarceration rate of 51% for African-Americans and 38% for Whites) when moving from the 10th to 90th percentile judge in the racial gap distribution.”

I go to court a lot for the young people that I work with, and if you sit in court for any length of time as they dispose of cases, you will see it in action.

The WSJ article does not offer up any of the things I was asking for. In fact from the article you provided, I found this quote.

"They've only got data on this final slice of the process, but they are still missing crucial parts of the criminal-justice process," said Sonja Starr, a law professor at the University of Michigan, who has analyzed sentencing and arrest data and found no marked increase in racial disparity since 2005.

In fact from one of the comments below, this person seems to be echoing my exact point.

Eric FalkensteinJan 26, 2015

The key issue in these findings is whether there is an 'omitted variables bias', eg, not controlling for factors such as prior arrests. The fact this article does not mention this issue nor link to the source article, is inexcusable (and in case you don't know, WSJ is not monolithically conservative, in that off the editorial page the writers do what they do).

-------------------------------------

Meaning, none of the information offers any of the things I have asked for. None. Just generalities. Give me the exact case where a black man was given a harsher sentence.

Meaning, the seriousness of the crime, what his criminal record is. If a person is a repeat offender, they will get a harsher sentence and it is beyond obvious that is making the stat you are trying to make invalid.

The fact that you have not offered a specific case where a white man and a black man were arrested for the EXACT SAME CRIME and they both have the EXACT SAME MITIGATING CIRCUMSTANCES tells me a lot.

These articles you are offering only shows stats that omit crucial facts.

Because I'm offering stats not individual cases. Thats not how stats work. Plus if you dont find examples in the 6 different links that Pillars gave you how could I realistically offer you anything you will accept?

Because I'm offering stats not individual cases. Thats not how stats work. Plus if you dont find examples in the 6 different links that Pillars gave you how could I realistically offer you anything you will accept?

Well, stats are like bikinis. What they reveal is suggestive. What they conceal is vital.

It is imperative that I have all mitigating circumstances. If you think backgrounds or criminal records are not factors in sentencing guidelines then we cannot have a real conversation.

Like I said, if the situations ARE EXACTLY the same and both have the EXACT SAME back ground then it could be classified as that.

I already said that. I have asked for the specific situation. You cannot tell me it is just racism if you are not telling me everything the judge is seeing as far as criminal records etc.

Sorry, your point and Pillars point are invalid for that reason. Period.

Maybe blacks should stop killing people at a massive rate. That would be a great start.

So in order to be treated fairly whites dont have to do anything but blacks have to do something first that MIGHT work but doesnt adress the issue at all?

How to you measure fairness or unfairness?

Come on son :cool:

I mean it..... How do you measure fairness? Fair is the operative word. How is it being measured? What is optimal fairness?

no links are good enough. No stats are clear enough and as long as the OP can ask questions he feels that he wins.

OP:Where are they shown to have unequal treatment?

Right here: Link.com

OP: Why is fat meat greasy? I win
What exactly do those stats show, according to you?

Go ahead, explain it please.

I am even asking please. Please explain how you interpret those stats.

You fucking moron.

Stats speak for themselves. Not "according to me". You begged for them. Now you got them and choose to ignore them.

Then whyd you ask for them if you were just going to act like a petulant child either way?
Yeah, the stats show THE BLACKS commit far more crime than any other race. The stats are clear.

Fucking moron.

The stats were about unfair treatment in the justice system. Here it is again.

When you just toss out numbers about unequal sentencing by race --- NO ONE is clear how much that actually means without comparing ALL the variables. I can tell you -- that by the crime statistics alone -- it's far more likely for a black offender to have a longer crime record and therefore receive a longer sentence.

Nonetheless -- SOME of this fair to examine. Because criminal reform is LONG overdue. It does not work all that well to lock folks up. OR -- like was found in Ferguson -- the whole LEGAL system was ruining folks lives harassing them with bogus arrests that get them fired and warrants that were inaccurate or old.

5 Points On The Most Shocking Incidents From The DOJ Ferguson Report

It's the ACCURACY of LE in cities like that feed the anger. And here's the problem

NO ONE --- except the leftists that ADORE Big Muscular Govt should expect excellence in ANYTHING that comes from government. You can't TELL angry residents that "that's as good as it gets". Because in their minds -- Government does EVERYTHING well and only is broken because it is not BIG ENOUGH or rich enough.

But the truth is -- ruining folks lives with inaccurate and inefficient law admin and govt is a FACT OF LIFE.. It's to be EXPECTED. And MAYBE -- some of those who ADORE the protection and support of government ought to take another look at what the expectations are.

Maybe blacks should stop killing people at a massive rate. That would be a great start.

So in order to be treated fairly whites dont have to do anything but blacks have to do something first that MIGHT work but doesnt adress the issue at all?

How to you measure fairness or unfairness?

Come on son :cool:

I mean it..... How do you measure fairness? Fair is the operative word. How is it being measured? What is optimal fairness?

This like saying what is water and when I say a liquid you say "So is oil"

So no stats on this issue are good unless they consider things that are never in stats to be fair. Got it. So what proof do you want if you dismiss thousands of cases outright?

Why do leftist always resort to making up crap? I never said anything you claimed I said. I said blacks should stop committing so many crimes. If they want, as a race, to improve their reputation, they need to stop murdering, raping, and beating people in massive numbers. They continually claim "black lives matter", but have no respect for black lives.

If you personally are having continual issues with police, here are some tips for you.

I especially like the part where he said, "Get a white friend."

Excellent post.

Forum List

Back