So What Happens If One Chooses Not To Wear One?

Tilly-

You ignore my position and point of view. I call that ignore ance. Ignorance is when you're biased and you aren't willing to look at it, or collect any new info and learn from it.

If you don't have anyone close you who is trans you really have no idea what it's like for them.

Walk in my shoes for a moment. Be a daughter of a gay man who committed suicide because he couldn't live with himself as he was.

Be a lesbian a generation later. Next, have a trans son.

Get back to me.

You are actually the one who ignores and is intolerant of other people's views on this matter. You are emotional about it, which is perfectly understandable, but that has rendered you irrational, as evidenced by your constant recourse to insults about hatred, ignorance and bigotry on the basis others don't agree with you.
So no, I won't be getting back to you on this subject any time soon,
but I do do wish you and your family well.
But your views are generally repellent. Why should people have to put up with them ?

Dhara , neither of those nazis is worth any of your time. It baffles me that you could give them the time of day.
This was an interesting conversation, one that could be held at any dinner table in any home or restaurant, in any Country.

It reminds me of the women having conversations at brunch, in a clean, well maintained restaurant. A conversation I would hear from a few tables away and quietly relate, and what crawls onto the table but a big ugly cockroach, ruining everyone's meal.

Surely teachers and staff at the school are "allies" to all students. Why single out the rainbow brigade? Looking for trouble, perhaps?

It's The Agenda, the pushing of the LGTB Agenda....teachers who choose not to wear the rainbow badge probably are going to be publicly denounced as "bigots", you know the drill, same modus operandi with this crowd.
Until now, teachers would have been strongly discouraged from bringing their personal opinions into the classroom that way. Hopefully, the majority still know how to remain professional and present the information to let the students decide.

Sorry, but that is hardly the case.

"Third-Grade Teacher Has Students Write ‘Get Well’ Cards To Cop Killer Mumia Abu-Jamal
A third-grade teacher at a public school in New Jersey is under fire after she encouraged her students to write letters to notorious convicted cop killer Mumia Abu-Jamal, who recently fell ill in prison.

Marylin Zuniga teaches language arts and social studies at Forest Street School in Orange, N.J."
Third-Grade Teacher Has Students Write ‘Get Well’ Cards To Cop Killer Mumia Abu-Jamal
That teacher should have an official warning in her personnel file. One out of line teacher does not an argument make, Political Chic.

Ohhhh....you need further evidence????

No prob.....

"The California Federation of Teachers (CFT)passed a resolution at its most recent convention claiming that “the continued unjustincarceration of Mumia Abu-Jamalrepresents a threat to thecivil rightsof all people.” Thirty years ago, Abu-Jamal took away Philadelphia policeman Daniel Faulkner’s foremost civil right: his life. How obtuse of the CFT to disregard “the threat to the civil rights of all people” represented by someone capable of gunning down a man tasked with protecting the public.

The pantheon of leftist saints includes the Haymarket Square bombers, responsible for the deaths of eight Chicago cops, Joe Hill, murderer of former police officer John Morrison in Salt Lake City, Huey Newton, murderer of Oakland policeman John Frey, and Leonard Peltier, murderer of FBI agents Jack Coler and Ronald Williams. Notice a pattern?"
Teachers' Mumia Abu-Jamal Resolution Out of Sync Morally and Historically | Human Events

Got another excuse?

Set 'em up, I'll knock 'em down.

Sorry, but that is hardly the case.

"Third-Grade Teacher Has Students Write ‘Get Well’ Cards To Cop Killer Mumia Abu-Jamal
A third-grade teacher at a public school in New Jersey is under fire after she encouraged her students to write letters to notorious convicted cop killer Mumia Abu-Jamal, who recently fell ill in prison.

Marylin Zuniga teaches language arts and social studies at Forest Street School in Orange, N.J."
Third-Grade Teacher Has Students Write ‘Get Well’ Cards To Cop Killer Mumia Abu-Jamal
Yeah, an ass for sure, if true.

But....she represents Liberal teachers.

"The California Federation of Teachers (CFT)passed a resolution at its most recent convention claiming that “the continued unjustincarceration of Mumia Abu-Jamalrepresents a threat to the civil rightsof all people.” Thirty years ago, Abu-Jamal took away Philadelphia policeman Daniel Faulkner’s foremost civil right: his life. How obtuse of the CFT to disregard “the threat to the civil rights of all people” represented by someone capable of gunning down a man tasked with protecting the public.

The pantheon of leftist saints includes the Haymarket Square bombers, responsible for the deaths of eight Chicago cops, Joe Hill, murderer of former police officer John Morrison in Salt Lake City, Huey Newton, murderer of Oakland policeman John Frey, and Leonard Peltier, murderer of FBI agents Jack Coler and Ronald Williams. Notice a pattern?"
Teachers' Mumia Abu-Jamal Resolution Out of Sync Morally and Historically | Human Events
She's from New Jersey...so why are you quoting the "CALIFORNIA Federation of Teachers"?

1. I notice you've scurried away from 'if true.'

2. As I stated, this fool is representative of teachers.....Liberals.

3. The California Teachers Union proves my contention.

Wanna deny it?
So...if she is representative of teachers...why can you only present us with one example? One does not make up the hundreds of thousands......

Wait...you are asserting that all teachers are the same?

"....why can you only present us with one example? One does not make up the hundreds of thousands......
Wait...you are asserting that all teachers are the same?"

Let's pretend that you've been living under a rock, and don't really know that the teaching profession is a wholly owned subsidiary of Liberalism, Inc.

So....let's go right to the source: teachers are all.....all.....taught to be leftists.

1. At a recent meeting of the New York Teaching Fellows program (“Teach for America”: provides an alternate route to state certification for about 1,700 new teachers annually) , Sol Stern found the one book that the fellows had to read in full was Pedagogy of the Oppressed, by the Brazilian educator Paulo Freire.
2. This book has achieved near-iconic status in America’s teacher-training programs. In 2003, David Steiner and Susan Rozen published a study examining the curricula of 16 schools of education—14 of them among the top-ranked institutions in the country, according to U.S. News and World Report—and found that Pedagogy of the Oppressed was one of the most frequently assigned texts in their philosophy of education courses.

3. But rather than dealing with the education of children, Pedagogy of the Oppressed mentions none of the issues that troubled education reformers throughout the twentieth century: testing, standards, curriculum, the role of parents, how to organize schools, what subjects should be taught in various grades, how best to train teachers, the most effective way of teaching disadvantaged students. This ed-school bestseller is, instead, a utopian political tract calling for the overthrow of capitalist hegemony and the creation of classless societies.

4. Freire never intends “pedagogy” to refer to any method of classroom instruction based on analysis and research, or to any means of producing higher academic achievement for students. [H]e relies on Marx’s standard formulation that “the class struggle necessarily leads to the dictatorship of the proletariat [and] this dictatorship only constitutes the transition to the abolition of all classes and to a classless society.” In one footnote, however, Freire does mention a society that has actually realized the “permanent liberation” he seeks: it “appears to be the fundamental aspect of Mao’s Cultural Revolution.”
Pedagogy of the Oppressor

I await your response with bated breath.

Tilly-

You ignore my position and point of view. I call that ignore ance. Ignorance is when you're biased and you aren't willing to look at it, or collect any new info and learn from it.

If you don't have anyone close you who is trans you really have no idea what it's like for them.

Walk in my shoes for a moment. Be a daughter of a gay man who committed suicide because he couldn't live with himself as he was.

Be a lesbian a generation later. Next, have a trans son.

Get back to me.

You are actually the one who ignores and is intolerant of other people's views on this matter. You are emotional about it, which is perfectly understandable, but that has rendered you irrational, as evidenced by your constant recourse to insults about hatred, ignorance and bigotry on the basis others don't agree with you.
So no, I won't be getting back to you on this subject any time soon,
but I do do wish you and your family well.
But your views are generally repellent. Why should people have to put up with them ?
Trolling. Why do have to ruin perfectly good threads.

Shut up and learn something for once.

I'm sorry ladies. My apology for being off topic.

This is an interesting conversation and some may learn from it.

If I had a kid that wanted to change gender I would say do what you want when you are 18.
I'm afraid that makes you a hater and a bigot.
Why? I see her point it's an adult decision and should be made by ab adult.
I couldn't agree more. But to some here that is hatred and bigotry.

When I see these dimwitted parents proclaiming their 3, 4 or 5 year old is transgender I want to scream...then punch them in the mouth for abusing their child

If I had a kid that wanted to change gender I would say do what you want when you are 18.
It's up to the individual and to the individual's family. My son is taking hormones. It's the right thing for him. He won't be getting any surgeries until he turns 18. In one year.

When I see these dimwitted parents proclaiming their 3, 4 or 5 year old is transgender I want to scream...then punch them in the mouth for abusing their child
That's the reason the kid is confused. Dipshit liberals for parents.

It's up to the individual and to the individual's family. My son is taking hormones. It's the right thing for him. He won't be getting any surgeries until he turns 18. In one year.
A lot of kids who believe entirely that they want to be the opposite gender do not feel the same way as adults, ie they do not go on to become trans gender adults. Those that have been given cross gender hormone therapy will become infertile, and Drs are giving these drugs to children as young as 12. I'm afraid I do not believe there is any way to be absolutely certain that a kid with gender issues won't go on to change their mind later, yet some Drs are messing up children's biochemistry, fertility and secondary sexual characteristics for life. That is 100% grossly wrong IMHO. If an adult wants to go through that fine. An adult can make an informed decision, consider the lifetime consequences, study the science, a kid cannot.

Last edited:
It shouldn't be up to the family to mess with a healthy child's hormones. That's just wrong.

A lot of kids who believe entirely that they want to be the opposite gender do not feel the same way as adults, ie they do not go on to become trans gender adults. Those that have been given cross gender hormone therapy will become infertile, and Drs are giving these drugs to children as young as 12. I'm afraid I do not believe there is any way to be absolutely certain that a kid with gender issues won't go on to change their mind later, yet some Drs are messing up children's biochemistry, fertility and sexual characteristics for life. That is 100% grossly wrong IMHO. If an adult wants to go through that fine. An adult can make an informed decision, consider the lifetime consequences, study the science, a kid cannot.

I agree with that.

Forum List

Back