So what I dont believe in God?

Why dont you get to the point. Tell me what ideal you have I dont that you think matters.

I am not speaking of a particular ideal, but of the ideal choice in all aspects of life. Should we hold ourselves and one another to the greatest ideal? Or, should everyone settle for whatever they want and call it good?
We should hold each other to a higher standard. Still dont see why anyone has to believe in god to do that.

I dont mind not knowing and not believing.

No its not ideal behavior I guess. But here is a place I come to argue that belief in god is crazy. Is it mean to tell you you're crazy if its true?

If this belief is holding us back I feel obligated to fight it.

If only religion made people ideal.

Belief in God is not crazy. However some beliefs surrounding belief in God might be considered so. They way some people interpret Revelation is enough to drive anyone nuts. But this is not so much craziness as it is ignorance.

What do you think would happen if we stopped believing in god?

There doesnt seem to be any difference between athiests and theists other than the crazy theists who misinterpret the Koran or revalations that is.

Most theists and athiests are good people.

Honestly the problem is bad theists.

Because the theists on here know how stupid it is to say someones going to hell for not believing their religion. I guess we've made huge progress in just a few years.

A few years? I've lived my entire life knowing people are not going to hell for not choosing the "correct" religion--and I am not young.

I didn't ever believe that the 30 years I believed either. So then what does it matter if I believe? The only thing that matters is good and bad.

But you know that's not what christianity says. So why call yourself one?

Seriously, what does it matter if someone believes in God? I've been talking to many theists who dont believe in hell or they say their religion doesnt say non believers go to hell so who cares if people dont believe? Especially if they are good people.

I believe this threat of hell is key to recruiting members. Even my theist buddy who doesnt believe in hell said to me "you just gotta believe". Why?

It makes no difference whether you believe in God or not to go on to the next age where all created beings will get new bodies to experience life with.
word: It makes no difference whether you believe in God or not to go on to the next age where all created beings will get new bodies to experience life with.

no, it does not matter whether one believes in the Almighty but that does not change the fact the Spirit will be Judged before Admission to the Everlasting is granted ....

I know the flesh of man is judged to death during this first age but nowhere in the prophecies does it show the spirit of man will be judged before admission to Everlasting Life. In fact, the prophecies show that ALL God's people will be saved from this world and their flesh.

Isaiah 43

1: But now thus says the LORD, he who created you, O Jacob, he who formed you, O Israel: "Fear not, for I have redeemed you; I have called you by name, you are mine. 2: When you pass through the waters I will be with you; and through the rivers, they shall not overwhelm you; when you walk through fire you shall not be burned, and the flame shall not consume you. 3: For I am the LORD your God, the Holy One of Israel, your Savior. I give Egypt as your ransom, Ethiopia and Seba in exchange for you. 14: Thus says the LORD, your Redeemer, the Holy One of Israel: "For your sake I will send to Babylon and break down all the bars, and the shouting of the Chalde'ans will be turned to lamentations. 15: I am the LORD, your Holy One, the Creator of Israel, your King."

I Corinthians 3:
13: each man's work will become manifest; for the Day will disclose it, because it will be revealed with fire, and the fire will test what sort of work each one has done. 14: If the work which any man has built on the foundation survives, he will receive a reward. 15: If any man's work is burned up, he will suffer loss, though he himself will be saved, but only as through fire.

Show me one christian who doesnt say "being a good person is not enough."

You gotta ask for forgiveness. But if you dont believe in god who you asking?

So what happens to me because I dont ask god for foregiveness? And how do you cherry pickers who dont take the bible stories literally know anything?

Seriously, what does it matter if someone believes in God? I've been talking to many theists who dont believe in hell or they say their religion doesnt say non believers go to hell so who cares if people dont believe? Especially if they are good people.

I believe this threat of hell is key to recruiting members. Even my theist buddy who doesnt believe in hell said to me "you just gotta believe". Why?

It makes no difference whether you believe in God or not to go on to the next age where all created beings will get new bodies to experience life with.
word: It makes no difference whether you believe in God or not to go on to the next age where all created beings will get new bodies to experience life with.

no, it does not matter whether one believes in the Almighty but that does not change the fact the Spirit will be Judged before Admission to the Everlasting is granted ....

I know the flesh of man is judged to death during this first age but nowhere in the prophecies does it show the spirit of man will be judged before admission to Everlasting Life. In fact, the prophecies show that ALL God's people will be saved from this world and their flesh.

Isaiah 43

1: But now thus says the LORD, he who created you, O Jacob, he who formed you, O Israel: "Fear not, for I have redeemed you; I have called you by name, you are mine. 2: When you pass through the waters I will be with you; and through the rivers, they shall not overwhelm you; when you walk through fire you shall not be burned, and the flame shall not consume you. 3: For I am the LORD your God, the Holy One of Israel, your Savior. I give Egypt as your ransom, Ethiopia and Seba in exchange for you. 14: Thus says the LORD, your Redeemer, the Holy One of Israel: "For your sake I will send to Babylon and break down all the bars, and the shouting of the Chalde'ans will be turned to lamentations. 15: I am the LORD, your Holy One, the Creator of Israel, your King."

I Corinthians 3:
13: each man's work will become manifest; for the Day will disclose it, because it will be revealed with fire, and the fire will test what sort of work each one has done. 14: If the work which any man has built on the foundation survives, he will receive a reward. 15: If any man's work is burned up, he will suffer loss, though he himself will be saved, but only as through fire.
What happened to this god who so regularly communicated to Jews and christians thousands of years ago? Why'd he disappear. He did come back and TT Mohammad and Joseph smith but not one baptist or catholic visits? Only demonic possession. Lol

Every human alive should question authority and their elders especially stories from the ancients.

Isaiah 43

I Corinthians 3:
Sorta like buddhists and Hindu believe the spirit moves on. I'd like to believe all that but I know its probably all wishful thinking.

Even though I dont believe a god exists I certainly haven't ever done anything that I think I'd be banned from heaven. I say a god would weigh the pros vs the cops. All in all would I pass? F yea. Lol

But if I was a 16 year old girl and I got pregnant I'd get an abortion and not be afraid a god would think that murder.

Actually what makes us think with gods murderous track record he would even care? 5 people died in the time I typed this.

Show me one christian who doesnt say "being a good person is not enough."

You gotta ask for forgiveness. But if you dont believe in god who you asking?

So what happens to me because I dont ask god for foregiveness? And how do you cherry pickers who dont take the bible stories literally know anything?

Don't worry, once your body dies in this first age, you won't remember asking for forgiveness.

If you take the bible stories literally, you will be totally confused by them.

Isaiah 43

I Corinthians 3:
What happened to this god who so regularly communicated to Jews and christians thousands of years ago? Why'd he disappear. He did come back and TT Mohammad and Joseph smith but not one baptist or catholic visits? Only demonic possession. Lol

He's closer to you today than you can understand.

Every human alive should question authority and their elders especially stories from the ancients.

No human alive can be trusted for any stories from the past, present or future. Only our Creator can teach you His knowledge but He uses His saints to testify to His knowledge. So if you listen to His last saint, you will learn about the past, the present delusion we're all involved in and the future, when this age will end and how we'll be experiencing life in Paradise.

Isaiah 43

I Corinthians 3:
Sorta like buddhists and Hindu believe the spirit moves on. I'd like to believe all that but I know its probably all wishful thinking.

Even though I dont believe a god exists I certainly haven't ever done anything that I think I'd be banned from heaven. I say a god would weigh the pros vs the cops. All in all would I pass? F yea. Lol

But if I was a 16 year old girl and I got pregnant I'd get an abortion and not be afraid a god would think that murder.

Actually what makes us think with gods murderous track record he would even care? 5 people died in the time I typed this.

God's people don't understand what the symbolic word, "spirit" means. If you listen to the Voice of our Creator in this forum, you will learn what spirit means. Then you can understand who we really are.

I didn't ever believe that the 30 years I believed either. So then what does it matter if I believe? The only thing that matters is good and bad.

It appears you have never read the Catholic Catechism. Just because some minor denominations preach hell and damnation to others, doesn't mean the major denominations do.

Isaiah 43

I Corinthians 3:

Not mad at him either. I just dont believe he exists. The more we learn about cosmology the sillier the god concept sounds.

I hate it that it gives comfort to so many because unfortunately it isnt necessary and it is or has held us back intellectually for 10,000 years. Before that it served a purpose that was harmless in fact it was helpful but then religions formed. Now its going away. But like evolution made us religious it'll take 10,000 to realize it.

God is ever present...and He still speaks.

It appears you have never read the Catholic Catechism. Just because some minor denominations preach hell and damnation to others, doesn't mean the major denominations do.
Glad to see religions reforming or evolving to take that out.

But dont act like its a small number of christians who believe non believers go to hell or dont go to heaven. The entire bible belt believes it. I'm sure Mormons too and Muslims.

Well, obviously, we've beat this horse to death, many times over. Allow believers to believe, and allow non-believers to not believe, very simple, really. We're not going to change anyone's mind, and we're not going to make the world a better place to live by criticizing either side of the issue. This subject makes for non-productive conversation and debate. There is NO winning side to this argument, and I doubt there will be one until the very end comes. Do we continue to debate this, knowing in advance the outcome?
That's my point. That's what I hope religion becomes. Doesnt matter if a person believes. So now theists will vote for an athiest? Because last I checked athiests were the least electable people. Even pot smoking phalanderers ranked higher. So do you get why it matters that people stop caring if other people believe or not. Dont pretend it doesnt matter to you and your side when it clearly does very much.

I want to divide you theists. Make people realize how stupid any religion is that claims non believers are bad or go to hell.

Its all about reforming and upgrading religion. The old ways no longer work. Telling people they go to hell. Phooie.
Why did you infuse the "pot-smoking" qualification into it?

Well, obviously, we've beat this horse to death, many times over. Allow believers to believe, and allow non-believers to not believe, very simple, really. We're not going to change anyone's mind, and we're not going to make the world a better place to live by criticizing either side of the issue. This subject makes for non-productive conversation and debate. There is NO winning side to this argument, and I doubt there will be one until the very end comes. Do we continue to debate this, knowing in advance the outcome?
That's my point. That's what I hope religion becomes. Doesnt matter if a person believes. So now theists will vote for an athiest? Because last I checked athiests were the least electable people. Even pot smoking phalanderers ranked higher. So do you get why it matters that people stop caring if other people believe or not. Dont pretend it doesnt matter to you and your side when it clearly does very much.

I want to divide you theists. Make people realize how stupid any religion is that claims non believers are bad or go to hell.

Its all about reforming and upgrading religion. The old ways no longer work. Telling people they go to hell. Phooie.
Google the survey or poll that found pot smokers & philanderers are more electable than athiests.

Google the survey or poll that found pot smokers & philanderers are more electable than athiests.
BS. It's impossible to know whether or not someone is an athiest. There's no test for it like there is for pot smokers.

Isaiah 43

I Corinthians 3:

Not mad at him either. I just dont believe he exists. The more we learn about cosmology the sillier the god concept sounds.

I hate it that it gives comfort to so many because unfortunately it isnt necessary and it is or has held us back intellectually for 10,000 years. Before that it served a purpose that was harmless in fact it was helpful but then religions formed. Now its going away. But like evolution made us religious it'll take 10,000 to realize it.

If it wasn't for our Creator, cosmology wouldn't exist. Our Creator taught man everything he needed to know about his environment except for what is beyond the universe as we observe it.

Forum List

Back