So who's been idled by the pandemic?

The hubby was told by work to stay home for two weeks, yesterday. Then call in two weeks for further instruction and they are only paying 2/3s of salary..... He can use vacation time for the rest or sick time.
As long as it works out, good deal.

The hubby was told by work to stay home for two weeks, yesterday. Then call in two weeks for further instruction and they are only paying 2/3s of salary..... He can use vacation time for the rest or sick time.
Can I add a small bright spot. The taxes will be less. Does he have the max deductions on W-9 to get the most dough.

Can you hold off on any unnecessary deductions such as charity....etc...etc?? .No problem in stopping your 401-k for a couple months.

I'm sorry but I'm a financial guy and I have to ask those questions. Please excuse any nosiness.

Can I add a small bright spot. The taxes will be less. Does he have the max deductions on W-9 to get the most dough.

Can you hold off on any unnecessary deductions such as charity....etc...etc?? .No problem in stopping your 401-k for a couple months.

I'm sorry but I'm a financial guy and I have to ask those questions. Please excuse any nosiness.
Ty

We are ok, though he did lower his 401k from 10% down to 5%... my sister just doesn't need the money...I don't work, though I have a small internet shop, which has fallen off the face of the Earth the past few weeks...

We have 6 months of food and other groceries so we will just start using those if times get rough. We also own our home outright with no mortgage, so even if his company shutters completely, we are ok without him working.... but the extra thousand from sis will help with the plumbing fix.

I've been told to work from home, which I can to some extent. But it's weird. It hasn't affected my pay. No real sense of where it's headed. I'm not concerned about food or supplies, stores are able to stock fine if idiots didn't hoard (and they obviously are when there are signs limiting how many loaves of bread you can buy, or tp etc.

Ty

We are ok, though he did lower his 401k from 10% down to 5%... my sister just doesn't need the money...I don't work, though I have a small internet shop, which has fallen off the face of the Earth the past few weeks...

We have 6 months of food and other groceries so we will just start using those if times get rough. We also own our home outright with no mortgage, so even if his company shutters completely, we are ok without him working.... but the extra thousand from sis will help with the plumbing fix.
Since Ronald Reagan was first inaugurated, I've been dealing with personal finances and seen everything

You did it right. No Mortgage Can.Survive without his income with no problem. How old is the company and its financial shape if you know?. Is he a key employee...one who is very vital?
You have a nice little business going that I see will soar high as an eagle...but some bumpsies along the way like NOW........lol
You are lucky to have a sis to help you out too.........so you sound like a helpful family which provides so much therapy in real shit times.

Well, at some point next week I start working at least 50% from home.

All this does is add to an already existing push for teleworking which I don't want to do.

I love Dave Ramsey. Doesn't matter if you are just barely getting by on a low paying job. Just mow some lawns or deliver pizza, and you too can be a millionaire. I often wonder what drugs he is on..

It is all about the long term. ONe of my few regrets is that I did not hear of him sooner.

My wife is fairly confident that we will be millionaires by the time we retire. I consider her assumptions optimistic. But as time goes on the complex of what ifs required to go balls up to destroy us, become increasingly unlikely.

Sure, No problem. Just increase your income. It's easy cause Ramsey said it was. Why didn't any one else think of that?

Not always his answer. More about once you get to a certain level, not to increase your standard of living to match.

I recall my first promotion. My co-worker of the time told me that, "maybe now you can get a real car".

I wanted to punch him in the face. The closest thing I had ever had to a "break" and you want me to immediately increase my expenses, instead of trying to get ahead?

I still drive used. I had a car payment ONCE, when I was making too much money and got lazy and impatient. It was a mistake.

About half of my friends make more money than me. But only one of them, is in better financial shape. Maybe.
Good for you, there are far too few Americans who have that mindset.

My background, and the first half of my life, was tough financially.

My parents were old school, hard working, blue collar. They lived pay check to pay check, not because they were trying to keep up with the jones, but because they did not make a lot of money.

THey did have a windfall later in life. But their idea of investing, well...not good. Easy money, is not the answer.

I learned, the normal way. Though pain. A lot of pain.

you know, I haven't really talked to anyone about that for a long time. I would like to, once this is over, to do so, over a picture of beer, do some wallowing in old bitterness....

But, who would I talk to that would not see it, now, as over the top bragging? Mmm, I will give it some thought.

Why would you take a picture of beer? :D

It is all about the long term. ONe of my few regrets is that I did not hear of him sooner.

My wife is fairly confident that we will be millionaires by the time we retire. I consider her assumptions optimistic. But as time goes on the complex of what ifs required to go balls up to destroy us, become increasingly unlikely.

Sure, No problem. Just increase your income. It's easy cause Ramsey said it was. Why didn't any one else think of that?

Not always his answer. More about once you get to a certain level, not to increase your standard of living to match.

I recall my first promotion. My co-worker of the time told me that, "maybe now you can get a real car".

I wanted to punch him in the face. The closest thing I had ever had to a "break" and you want me to immediately increase my expenses, instead of trying to get ahead?

I still drive used. I had a car payment ONCE, when I was making too much money and got lazy and impatient. It was a mistake.

About half of my friends make more money than me. But only one of them, is in better financial shape. Maybe.

My parents were old school, hard working, blue collar. They lived pay check to pay check, not because they were trying to keep up with the jones, but because they did not make a lot of money.

THey did have a windfall later in life. But their idea of investing, well...not good. Easy money, is not the answer.

you know, I haven't really talked to anyone about that for a long time. I would like to, once this is over, to do so, over a picture of beer, do some wallowing in old bitterness....

But, who would I talk to that would not see it, now, as over the top bragging? Mmm, I will give it some thought.

Alright, I was looking for a meme, that would fit this screw up of mine, And I failed. But I did find some funny beer memes, which I will now share.

And-What-If-Beer-Was-Alien-Saliva-Funny-Beer-Meme-Image.jpg

02a47cfa4169fb06ab2b2eb04e1ea250--beer-memes-beer-humor.jpg

Gandalph-fri-nite-beer-drinking-276x300.jpg

I decided to close my door for the next two weeks.

Anybody else?
I am idled at my wqinter job. The good news is I can go get boats ready for my summer job. Wether or not I will fill them when season starts is still a question. No more than 15 people in one place in my state right now that kills the head boats but my six packs can legally og out.

To remember it by when it's gone, as it will be all to soon?

Took a few days off, but I'm still working. My business never sleeps...……………………...elecccccccccctricityyyyyyyyy
OIP.xpeNYFF9et-PvHxChmITVgHaG6

tRump was still telling the faithful it was a hoax during that time frame. Maybe without impeachment he could have said that a little louder and we'd be in even deeper shit than we are now?
Well he closed off China when you were calling him a racist. Should he have listened to you?
No, he should have listed to his experts

Is this another panicky grammatical error?

I think so. Grab a hold of yourself, man!
Not panicky, autocorrect has been acting weird lately.

Ignore me.
I'm an :ahole-1:, but only for today.
You know what??...If I were Trump I'd resign immediately and tell America.......FUCK YOU and go to Marlago..........Quit right now, get on the plane and bring me my things later.

Well he closed off China when you were calling him a racist. Should he have listened to you?

Ignore me.
You know what??...If I were Trump I'd resign immediately and tell America.......FUCK YOU and go to Marlago..........Quit right now, get on the plane and bring me my things later.
Mar-a-lago is contaminated.

Ignore me.

By strange Chinese women who get caught trespassing.

Well, at some point next week I start working at least 50% from home.

All this does is add to an already existing push for teleworking which I don't want to do.

I worry about that to. I don’t some teleworking, but not as a regular thing. I am pretty old fashioned and work forces me to interact with people, which is a good thing.

Ignore me.

By strange Chinese women who get caught trespassing.
By tRumplings.

Forum List

Back