So who's been idled by the pandemic?

working from home and listening to youtube concerts from the 60's and 70's.

I decided to close my door for the next two weeks.

Anybody else?
Our closest competitor just layed off 25% of their employees and 9 of our clients haven't paid their bills. I may be at home in the future if things don't pan out. I took a 30% pay cut already. It's just the beginning, and for others, it's the end. Or damn near it.

Yup, if the government doesn't do something quick the carnage to small businesses will be catastrophic.

You don't think the free market will take care of us? When did you become a communist comrad?

The GOVERNMENT has closed the free market.

Dumbass.

Anybody else?

Went to the supermarket today.
I found everything I needed except for eggs.
I'm glad, but that's not really the topic.

So you aren't even going to the grocery store, pussy?
I closed my business for the next two weeks, I didn't lock myself in the house.

Are you still working or has your job been shut down temporarily ?

Retired for 11 years now. Nothing has changed except for wearing a N95 mask when I choose to go out. And I have plenty of ammo.
Minor adjustments at MI Casa Kidd.
do you wear gloves?....

Anybody else?
I'm a LITTLE bit idled. I've been having to go to my family doctor for follow up visits since I'm a newly diagnosed diabetic. I have an appointment with her tomorrow, as a matter of fact. I had to go to the lab yesterday to leave a urine sample. I'm still going to the grocery store and Walgreen's and getting fast food through the drive-thru. So things haven't changed TOO much for me. I DO miss going to my local Buffalo Wild Wings on Wednesdays and Fridays to play trivia and have food with a friend of mine.
you can listen to more music....

My wife and I are followers of Dave Ramsey, Debt reduction guru. His rule is that you should have 6 months of living as an emergency fund.

Our fund was recently depleted, by my wife having some cosmetic surgery, which was incredibly painful, for me, but still, I'm confident that we will be fine, for the duration of this panic. She is working, and we have rent coming in from an investment property, and I think that I will still be getting paid, AND even if that all goes to hell somehow, we have vast amounts of untouched credit, that we could use to live on, AND,

well, you get the idea.

Today, my daughter and I started on cleaning out the basement. I have been wanting to do that, but been too busy. She is approaching teen years, and I discussed putting a snack and soda bar in the utility room, for her and her friends.

She was excited about the idea.
a basement.....i havent had one of them since 67....

Anybody else?

Worthy subject so thanks. I'm essentially bunkering up here on the Oregon Coast but did go to my personal training session at my local gym this morning. Staying fit is essential in these uncertain times and they have an abundance of Purell, hot water and soap.

My biz in the trucking industry is severely effected which obviously will at some point, affect my sales and commissions.

Had old neighbors from Boise here early this week - They left a day early after Gov Kate shut down all the bars and restaurants.

Hole up, be safe my fellow travelers.

Anybody else?

started a week ago.

went out on saturday to get final supplies for 4 week seclusion.

fortunately;

nice quiet neighborhood
BIG yard
can walk around the block

so we are not trapped indoors all day

Crepitus....you are one of the good guys!
I certainly hope you and your family and friends survive this in good health!

Anybody else?
9 days already in the Czech Republic. Been out twice. Now you'll get arrested if you don't wear a facemask.

compliance-146188_640x320.jpg

I just returned from picking up my dear wife's meds from the pharmacy (she is seizure prone).
My glasses fogged up from wearing my N95 mask and I ran into an old lady and almost knocked her down. I did not grab her in case she was 'shedding', but fortunately she did not completely fall.
If I treat my glasses with Rain-X, do you think that will help?

social distancing. use it, get out. they are encouraging that.

But, i'm a big hugger. What am I to do?
I'm hugging my wife and dogs.

Errr, wait, are we still talking about what I should do? I'm not sure I like the direction this is taking. ;)
It was an idea based on what I was doing.

Just kidding. I was trying to imply that you were suggesting I hug your wife. And maybe your dogs. Which, if I had successfully implied it, might have been funny, in a naughty way.

I'm hugging my wife, and kid and dog too.

lol!

Forum List

Back