So ... why does Trump care so much about Mueller's investigation?

John Shaw

Gold Member
Jul 22, 2017
Now, personally, I have my doubts about Trump's involvement with Russia. I think he has a man-crush on Vladimir Putin, for some reason, but I highly doubt Putin and Trump were conspiring feverishly together, concocting a plan to destroy Hillary Clinton. Trump just isn't smart enough to get away with it for so long.

Let's assume Trump is innocent of any such wrongdoing. The obvious question becomes ... why does he care so much, then? Why does he try to obstruct, derail, and discredit the investigation at every turn? Does he not realize that that sort of behavior just makes him look guilty? I don't get it.

If I were Trump, and I KNEW I didn't do anything wrong, and I knew that the people closest to me also hadn't done anything wrong, I'd WANT Mueller to get to the bottom of the whole Russian thing. I'd be his best friend. Obviously, that's not the route Trump has decided to take.

Which leads one to think that ... maybe he is hiding something. Maybe he's trying to protect someone. Why else would he act the way he is acting? The only reason it's still so prominent in the media is BECAUSE of the way he acts. If he just acted like a normal president and an innocent person, the investigation would be way back in the background and wouldn't interfere with midterms, so don't give me that "he hates Mueller because Mueller will sabotage the republican party" bullshit.

Thoughts?

He actually told Comey that he, Rump would want to know if anyone in his campaign had conspired with Russia. Then he fired Comey. I to doubt that Rump directly himself conspired with Russia. But damn he acts guilty like a 3 year old.

Still waiting for a strong response to that question. The only other thing I can think of is, he's worried about being perceived as having won only because of Russia. Which is, of course, ludicrous, since those who believe that would believe it regardless of whether or not he cooperated with Mueller, and vice versa.

If he is innocent, he has nothing to fear

It will clear his good name

Just gonna bump this one more time in case anyone has a real answer for me. Otherwise I guess it will remain a mystery.

Now, personally, I have my doubts about Trump's involvement with Russia. I think he has a man-crush on Vladimir Putin, for some reason, but I highly doubt Putin and Trump were conspiring feverishly together, concocting a plan to destroy Hillary Clinton. Trump just isn't smart enough to get away with it for so long.

Let's assume Trump is innocent of any such wrongdoing. The obvious question becomes ... why does he care so much, then? Why does he try to obstruct, derail, and discredit the investigation at every turn? Does he not realize that that sort of behavior just makes him look guilty? I don't get it.

If I were Trump, and I KNEW I didn't do anything wrong, and I knew that the people closest to me also hadn't done anything wrong, I'd WANT Mueller to get to the bottom of the whole Russian thing. I'd be his best friend. Obviously, that's not the route Trump has decided to take.

Which leads one to think that ... maybe he is hiding something. Maybe he's trying to protect someone. Why else would he act the way he is acting? The only reason it's still so prominent in the media is BECAUSE of the way he acts. If he just acted like a normal president and an innocent person, the investigation would be way back in the background and wouldn't interfere with midterms, so don't give me that "he hates Mueller because Mueller will sabotage the republican party" bullshit.

Thoughts?
He's guilty.

He knows he's guilty.

Mueller knows he's guilty.

We know he's guilty.

Even the tRumpkins know he's guilty.

If someone were investigating you for something that arose out of a fabrication, but the investigation continued anyway, simple because they were given carte blanche to investigate anything and everything they desired to investigate, you figure you'd be comfortable with that?

If your answer is yes, then IMO you're very much a simpleton. Put yourself in Trump's shoes, who has interests all over the map, and he's done business with the tens of thousands.

NOBODY should be comfortable with a witch hunt.

There's your "REAL" answer.

Mark Penn “Why are there people from the Clinton Foundation on the Mueller Staff? Why is there an Independent Counsel? To go after people and their families for unrelated offenses...Constitution was set up to prevent this...Stormtrooper tactics almost.”

If someone were investigating you for something that arose out of a fabrication, but the investigation continued anyway, simple because they were given carte blanche to investigate anything and everything they desired to investigate, you figure you'd be comfortable with that?

If your answer is yes, then IMO you're very much a simpleton. Put yourself in Trump's shoes, who has interests all over the map, and he's done business with the tens of thousands.

NOBODY should be comfortable with a witch hunt.

There's your "REAL" answer.

I would be a lot more concerned about trying to prevent Russian hackers from repeating their efforts come 2018 and 2020. Of course, that's assuming I had nothing to hide.

Thoughts?
He's guilty.

He knows he's guilty.

Mueller knows he's guilty.

We know he's guilty.

Even the tRumpkins know he's guilty.

No, those are just your dreams. There is no evidence of collusion nor there ever was but when you have a bunch of radical establishment leftists investigating, its cause for concern.

Thoughts?

I'd love to see how you'd react to a meaningless hack job designed to destroy your reputation for political gain.

Thoughts?

I'd love to see how you'd react to a meaningless hack job designed to destroy your reputation for political gain.

It's actually pretty easy. Even assuming it is a "hack job", which I'm pretty sure is not the case, you just need to step into it. You don't need to be a complete open book and pushover in private, but in public, you should make sure everyone knows you were working with Mueller to get to the truth and nothing but the truth, because THAT'S what's important. The national security of the United States. "Look how presidential I am, guys; I don't even care that I'm a subject of the investigation. Let's do what's best for the country." See how easy that is? How much better it would've made the president look?

Nope. Instead he obfuscates and gives life to conspiracy theories, all in an attempt to derail and discredit Mueller. Even if he is being treated unfairly (oh poor, poor rich boy President Donald Trump. He has it so tough ...), his rather dumb reaction was only ever going to play well with his base. He had an easy opportunity to win a complete and one-sided victory. Instead, he's made himself look guilty as hell for no reason.

Thoughts?

The House is the prosecutor, and the Senate is the jury, and Roberts is the Judge.

You should have paid more attention in civics class.

Thoughts?

The House is the prosecutor, and the Senate is the jury, and Roberts is the Judge.

... what? Were you trying to respond to someone else?

Thoughts?

It's actually pretty easy. Even assuming it is a "hack job", which I'm pretty sure is not the case, you just need to step into it. You don't need to be a complete open book and pushover in private, but in public, you should make sure everyone knows you were working with Mueller to get to the truth and nothing but the truth, because THAT'S what's important. The national security of the United States. "Look how presidential I am, guys; I don't even care that I'm a subject of the investigation. Let's do what's best for the country." See how easy that is? How much better it would've made the president look?

Nope. Instead he obfuscates and gives life to conspiracy theories, all in an attempt to derail and discredit Mueller. Even if he is being treated unfairly (oh poor, poor rich boy President Donald Trump. He has it so tough ...), his rather dumb reaction was only ever going to play well with his base. He had an easy opportunity to win a complete and one-sided victory. Instead, he's made himself look guilty as hell for no reason.

Name one charge thats been confirmed.
This is a witch hunt and we as Conservatives see as do moderates.
You're guaranteeing a conservative win in the midterms,please continue with the witch hunt.

Thoughts?

Against?

Thoughts?

Against?

And there you have it.

Thoughts?

... what? Were you trying to respond to someone else?

No. Let me help you along the constitutional path, young grasshopper.

Trump cares about the Mueller investigation to the extent Mueller can convince the House of Representatives to indict Trump...whom would then be subject to the Senate and Chief Justice Roberts.

Of course...the House is a local district body of elected officials...which is why opinion polls are important.

Let me know if I have lost you yet.

So basically, this goes nowhere if the House of Rep critters, and their voters, do not want it to.

Not your typical traffic court with a speeding ticket.

Forum List

Back