So with Democrats winning the House, what are the chances Trump will remain President after 2020?

Nope, a lot of people drank a lot of koolaid on that one.

That said, I didn’t vote for Hillary, she wasn’t my cup of tea, but she wasn’t as bad as you on the right like to paint
She's only the most corrupt politician in American history, but I know you'll never acknowledge any wrongdoing on her part. No one on the left ever does, in spite of all the evidence there is against her.
Save the hyperpartisan hyperbole. I see you drank a lot of the Koolaid. I don’t think she is the most honest politician, she’s definitely got her fair share of shade, which is why I wasn’t a fan. But all the hyperbolic criminal talk was campaign BS.
Sure, pal. Just ignore the evidence and destruction of evidence. But you know what? I don't care about your opinion anymore anyway so I won't waste any more time arguing against your ignorance.

Faux News isn't evidence.

Guilty until proven innocent?

Yeah that's what I thought.
Sessions is gone now, asshole. Stay tuned.
Good, Sessions was a turd who never should of held that position.

So with Democrats winning the House, what are the chances Trump will remain President after 2020?

Slim to none. OK, none.

He lost by three million last time and hasn't grown his party by a dozen.

And he's made a ton of enemies.

She's only the most corrupt politician in American history, but I know you'll never acknowledge any wrongdoing on her part. No one on the left ever does, in spite of all the evidence there is against her.
Save the hyperpartisan hyperbole. I see you drank a lot of the Koolaid. I don’t think she is the most honest politician, she’s definitely got her fair share of shade, which is why I wasn’t a fan. But all the hyperbolic criminal talk was campaign BS.
Sure, pal. Just ignore the evidence and destruction of evidence. But you know what? I don't care about your opinion anymore anyway so I won't waste any more time arguing against your ignorance.

Faux News isn't evidence.

Guilty until proven innocent?

Yeah that's what I thought.
Sessions is gone now, asshole. Stay tuned.
Good, Sessions was a turd who never should of held that position.
Sessions was the first Republican Senator that bowed at the Alter of Trump.

My prediction:

The house will not do anything right away. They will wait until about 6 to 8 months before the election, and then accusations and investigations will start coming up.

You see, it's not about what you know or what you can prove in these investigations, but rather, how much doubt you can put in the minds of the American public, and say votes.

The thing about trumps tax returns is, I'm sure they have already been scrutinized heavily. The years before his election, the IRS was run by left leaning officials. Likely, they've already seen them and have approved them. If they did see them and there was something illegal happening, and they approved them anyway, why?

I'm sure they would show what we know already, that trump had funding from Russians, which isn't illegal, but due to the whole Russian hacking fiasco, they want to show it in the public so they can say "see, he got money from the Russians, and then they hacked the election so he would win".

If somehow, the house finds a way to skirt around the tax law, and get his tax returns into the public, it will show Russian donations, but they will then have to find the link that show trump was indeed actively encouraging the Russians to sabotage the 2016 elections in his favor.

The issue is, they dont actually have to prove anything, they just have to put enough doubt into people's minds that they will vote him out.

Again, just a prediction, I could be very wrong.

You already know that Trump had funding from the Russians? You have him confused with Hillary!

Taking campaign contributions from foreign sources is illegal, unless you are Hillary and have the Deep State FBI contingent on your payroll.
Well no, but didn't trumps son already say they got money from Russians? Also, its pretty certain trump had business dealings with Russians, so it's very likely he did get money from then. Maybe not in the way of campaign donations, but just through business dealings.

If you're going to try to make political hay out of a politician legally making money through international trade, you're going to be going a long time, because lots of politicians do exactly that. Heck, the Clinton foundation raked in untold millions as long as Hillary remained a viable political power.
I'm not making hay about anything, I'm just predicting (loosely) what I think may happen come 2020.

My prediction:

The house will not do anything right away. They will wait until about 6 to 8 months before the election, and then accusations and investigations will start coming up.

You see, it's not about what you know or what you can prove in these investigations, but rather, how much doubt you can put in the minds of the American public, and say votes.

The thing about trumps tax returns is, I'm sure they have already been scrutinized heavily. The years before his election, the IRS was run by left leaning officials. Likely, they've already seen them and have approved them. If they did see them and there was something illegal happening, and they approved them anyway, why?

I'm sure they would show what we know already, that trump had funding from Russians, which isn't illegal, but due to the whole Russian hacking fiasco, they want to show it in the public so they can say "see, he got money from the Russians, and then they hacked the election so he would win".

If somehow, the house finds a way to skirt around the tax law, and get his tax returns into the public, it will show Russian donations, but they will then have to find the link that show trump was indeed actively encouraging the Russians to sabotage the 2016 elections in his favor.

The issue is, they dont actually have to prove anything, they just have to put enough doubt into people's minds that they will vote him out.

Again, just a prediction, I could be very wrong.

You already know that Trump had funding from the Russians? You have him confused with Hillary!

Taking campaign contributions from foreign sources is illegal, unless you are Hillary and have the Deep State FBI contingent on your payroll.
Well no, but didn't trumps son already say they got money from Russians? Also, its pretty certain trump had business dealings with Russians, so it's very likely he did get money from then. Maybe not in the way of campaign donations, but just through business dealings.

Ok. So what is your problem with that?

It's perfectly legal to do.
I dont have a problem with that, what I was getting at is, the left will see what we already know, and try to dupe people into believing there were illegal things going on.

Last edited:
Democrats cannot "demand" to see Trump's tax returns. Can't happen. Even if they pass a law (which isn't happening) it would only apply to future presidents.

Democrats are in a bad position, even with the House under Pelosi. Their actual program for the country is repulsive to anyone with a three digit IQ (outside Academe). Open Borders, massive increases in government spending, economy-crushing tax increases, socialized medicine. Who but the most blinded Leftist wants any of this?

As for 2020, it's all about who comes out on top. They have MANY aspirants, and all of them suck, big time. The Wild Card is the full support of the non-Fox Media. They will try to cook up scandal after scandal for the next 18 months, in a campaign to make Trump so repulsive that...well, let's say more repulsive than HRC was in 2016. A tall order.

I'm so sick to campaign ads and blather, I'm tempted to unplug the TV.
One possible target for the new House Democratic majority: the president’s tax returns.

The House Ways and Means Committee intends to request President Donald Trump’s tax returns once Democrats take majority control of the House, MSNBC’s Ari Melber reported on air Tuesday evening, citing “a senior Democratic source.”

That tracks with reports from last month, when the House Democrat now in a position to chair the Ways and Means Committee, Rep. Richard Neal (D-MA), told the Wall Street Journal that Democrats would request Trump’s tax returns if they won the majority.

As the Journal notes, Trump’s tax returns “would provide a detailed look at his finances, including the sources of income, business partners and charitable contributions.” They could shed light on questions about the Trump Foundation and Trump Organization that have been raised by damaging reporting from the Washington Post and New York Times, respectively.

Though Trump promised in 2014 that he would “absolutely” release his tax returns if he “decide[d] to run for office,” he has broken 40 years of precedent by refusing to do so on the campaign trail and steadfastly continuing to refuse to do so since becoming president.

Congress has the ability, under a law passed in 1924, to inspect tax returns from any taxpayer — including high-ranking officials. Trump, however, indicated before a campaign rally in Indiana on Monday that he may not cooperate if Democrats make moves to scrutinize his taxes.

“I don’t care,” Trump said in response to a question about if he’s concerned about Dems going after his taxes. “They can do whatever they want, and I can do whatever I want.”

During an interview last month, Trump ally and former House Speaker Newt Gingrich suggested the fight over Trump’s taxes could ultimately wind up before the Supreme Court.

“Then they’ll be trapped into appealing to the Supreme Court, and we’ll see whether or not the [Brett] Kavanaugh [Supreme Court] fight was worth it,” Gingrich said on the topic of Democrats possibly subpoenaing Trump’s tax returns.

House Republicans’ ability to protect Trump is coming to an end
In an string of tweets posted Tuesday evening and early Wednesday morning, Trump framed the midterm election resulted as a “Tremendous success,” a “Big Victory,” and took a victory lap about Republican gains in the Senate.
Read that tax law. They can only request them in closed session, which means they will be subject to secrecy and confidentiality rules.

The House won't be the deciding factor. What will matter is who the Democrats put up against him in 2020.

And so you can expect in the next day or two to see an explosion of manufactured bullshit topics originating from the right wing propaganda mills for the parroting rubes to tell us how Elizabeth Warren and Joe Biden ate some dead babies in George Soros's living room last Christmas.

And these will continue unabated until November 2020.

What? Did you expect to get a breather after the midterms?

BWA-HA-HA-HA-HA-HA!
I dont know about eating dead babies in gorge soros' living room, but, you will probably see some of that, yes, but, it's from the same playbook the Democrats use, so, it won't be unfamiliar.

Does anyone think PresidentTrump might've let the House go blue to ensure his reelection in 2020?

Remember when being elected president in a year ending in "0" was considered cursed?
Every president elected in a zero-year died in office from 1840 to 1960: Harrison (1840), Lincoln (1860), Garfield (1880), McKinley (1900), Harding (1920), Franklin Roosevelt (1940), Kennedy (1960).

Does Trump's tax returns get investigated?
What about his sexual assault allegations? Or his traitor-like behaviour?
What does this all mean both in the short and long term?
Do you think Donald Trump is crying in his room?
45545881_2402159703210403_745185720733270016_n.png

Also, how will you celebrate the Democrats victory?
2018 election: Live updates and latest news - CNNPolitics
1m1ef4.jpg

Democrats can impeach Trump on 3 things right now.
1. Under the 25th amendment he could be deemed to be unfit to hold this office. Click this link to hear the NYT op-ed that is corroborated in Bob Woodward's book Fear.
Hear the entire NYT stunning op-ed - CNN Video
2. The Emoluments in the Constitution--(meaning it's a must they have to get his income returns. (We can't have Presidents who are held hostage by foreign countries where he has investments in.
3. The Russian investigation

Take your pick but this is what House Democrats will be going after. There will be open public hearings & testimony--(no more behind closed doors.)

If House Republicans can do 8 investigations into Benghazi, it's not hard to imagine what House Democrats will do with Treason, Obstruction & Lies.

Beto would be a great candidate...he would smoke the orange fatty. America needs a sane person, civil, healthy looking too.

After two years of obstruction, investigations, and subpoenas, it's put up or shut up time for the left and we know they're not gonna put up anything but more of the same, so I'd say Trump's chances of remaining President after 2020 are pretty damn good.
If it’s “more of the same” as you say, then it would result in the Dems gaining ground as they just took over the house and many gubernatorial races... also considering a razor thin 2016 victory by Trump where he lost the popular vote by millions and only won because of the electoral college i don’t think he can survive dissipating support if a decent opponent runs against him.

And therein lies the rub. Hillary was the absolute worst candidate that could have run against Trump, and the democrats really don't have much of a bench of quality candidates. It all comes down to the power structure being capable of reading the writing on the wall.
I wasn’t a big Hillary fan but let’s be honest, she wasn’t that bad. Trump is a master brander and he painted her as a criminal and did a masterful job at it. But she was highly qualified and extremely accomplished. Her major fault was centered around an e-mail server which is rather silly if you think about it.

She reminds me of Nixon. Looks good on paper, with all kinds of experience and stuff, but miserable on camera. In this era, optics matter A LOT, and hers were awful.

Does Trump's tax returns get investigated?
What about his sexual assault allegations? Or his traitor-like behaviour?
What does this all mean both in the short and long term?
Do you think Donald Trump is crying in his room?
45545881_2402159703210403_745185720733270016_n.png

Also, how will you celebrate the Democrats victory?
2018 election: Live updates and latest news - CNNPolitics
1m1ef4.jpg

Actually, the Democrats controlling the House may end up helping him and your own post is exactly what I mean. If it's the intention of your party to put the crazies in charge of the asylum the next two years and you waste that time doing frivolous investigations instead of actually trying to accomplish something you may very well get him reelected.

Time will tell.

At the very least he now has a non media enemy he can blame, and you know he will.

Democrats cannot "demand" to see Trump's tax returns. Can't happen. Even if they pass a law (which isn't happening) it would only apply to future presidents.

Democrats are in a bad position, even with the House under Pelosi. Their actual program for the country is repulsive to anyone with a three digit IQ (outside Academe). Open Borders, massive increases in government spending, economy-crushing tax increases, socialized medicine. Who but the most blinded Leftist wants any of this?

As for 2020, it's all about who comes out on top. They have MANY aspirants, and all of them suck, big time. The Wild Card is the full support of the non-Fox Media. They will try to cook up scandal after scandal for the next 18 months, in a campaign to make Trump so repulsive that...well, let's say more repulsive than HRC was in 2016. A tall order.

One possible target for the new House Democratic majority: the president’s tax returns.

The House Ways and Means Committee intends to request President Donald Trump’s tax returns once Democrats take majority control of the House, MSNBC’s Ari Melber reported on air Tuesday evening, citing “a senior Democratic source.”

That tracks with reports from last month, when the House Democrat now in a position to chair the Ways and Means Committee, Rep. Richard Neal (D-MA), told the Wall Street Journal that Democrats would request Trump’s tax returns if they won the majority.

As the Journal notes, Trump’s tax returns “would provide a detailed look at his finances, including the sources of income, business partners and charitable contributions.” They could shed light on questions about the Trump Foundation and Trump Organization that have been raised by damaging reporting from the Washington Post and New York Times, respectively.

Though Trump promised in 2014 that he would “absolutely” release his tax returns if he “decide[d] to run for office,” he has broken 40 years of precedent by refusing to do so on the campaign trail and steadfastly continuing to refuse to do so since becoming president.

Congress has the ability, under a law passed in 1924, to inspect tax returns from any taxpayer — including high-ranking officials. Trump, however, indicated before a campaign rally in Indiana on Monday that he may not cooperate if Democrats make moves to scrutinize his taxes.

“I don’t care,” Trump said in response to a question about if he’s concerned about Dems going after his taxes. “They can do whatever they want, and I can do whatever I want.”

During an interview last month, Trump ally and former House Speaker Newt Gingrich suggested the fight over Trump’s taxes could ultimately wind up before the Supreme Court.

“Then they’ll be trapped into appealing to the Supreme Court, and we’ll see whether or not the [Brett] Kavanaugh [Supreme Court] fight was worth it,” Gingrich said on the topic of Democrats possibly subpoenaing Trump’s tax returns.

In an string of tweets posted Tuesday evening and early Wednesday morning, Trump framed the midterm election resulted as a “Tremendous success,” a “Big Victory,” and took a victory lap about Republican gains in the Senate.
Read that tax law. They can only request them in closed session, which means they will be subject to secrecy and confidentiality rules.

Laws don't apply to democrats, you know that. They'll all think they're Spartacus.

Laws don't apply to democrats, you know that. They'll all think they're Spartacus.
And your president trump is a combo of King Midas and Putin,,,Better yet the emperor with no clothes

After two years of obstruction, investigations, and subpoenas, it's put up or shut up time for the left and we know they're not gonna put up anything but more of the same, so I'd say Trump's chances of remaining President after 2020 are pretty damn good.
If it’s “more of the same” as you say, then it would result in the Dems gaining ground as they just took over the house and many gubernatorial races... also considering a razor thin 2016 victory by Trump where he lost the popular vote by millions and only won because of the electoral college i don’t think he can survive dissipating support if a decent opponent runs against him.

And therein lies the rub. Hillary was the absolute worst candidate that could have run against Trump, and the democrats really don't have much of a bench of quality candidates. It all comes down to the power structure being capable of reading the writing on the wall.
I wasn’t a big Hillary fan but let’s be honest, she wasn’t that bad. Trump is a master brander and he painted her as a criminal and did a masterful job at it. But she was highly qualified and extremely accomplished. Her major fault was centered around an e-mail server which is rather silly if you think about it.

She reminds me of Nixon. Looks good on paper, with all kinds of experience and stuff, but miserable on camera. In this era, optics matter A LOT, and hers were awful.
I agree, my point was only that Trump made everything about her look much worse and more amplified then it actually was. He is a master brander and he branded her as a criminal. The puppets took the bait

Forum List

Back