So you are squad leader being chased by the bad guys... you and your group jump in your EV jeep and guess what?

Regenerative braking systems is new?
Regenerative braking is an energy recovery mechanism that slows down a moving vehicle or object by converting its kinetic energy into a form that can be either used immediately or stored until needed and where have you been? It's been around for the last 57 years?
And "fuel cells"... geez...The first fuel cells were invented by Sir William Grove in 1838.!!! Fuel cell - Wikipedia

So what's your point? Both over 50 years ago and longer... so??
I know you don't like getting poo-pooed, so save your own crap.

Right. And all military maneuvers and engagements with the enemy are planned out in advance, so they know just how many miles they're going to drive.

Maybe we could have a little kumbaya pow-wow with the enemy and ask them if we could borrow a generator to charge the hybrid tactical vehicle. I'm sure they'll be generous enough to let us use one for a couple hours.

Actually, they kinda are. When the military plans for something, not only do they allow for getting there and back, but they also plan some extra for "just in case" scenarios.

And..........talk to a pilot sometime about "bingo" fuel. That's the point where they are at just enough gas to safely return back to base, but, if they need to for some operational reason, they can push that a bit for a little extra if needed.

The Army will not deploy EVs in combat until they are damned sure of their reliability.

Contractors will have huge cost overruns and deliver EVs ten years late.

Just like any other Army defense contractor program.

Actually, they kinda are. When the military plans for something, not only do they allow for getting there and back, but they also plan some extra for "just in case" scenarios.

And..........talk to a pilot sometime about "bingo" fuel. That's the point where they are at just enough gas to safely return back to base, but, if they need to for some operational reason, they can push that a bit for a little extra if needed.

That pilot depends on jet fuel, not some half assed battery

I know you don't like getting poo-pooed, so save your own crap.
pooh-pooh --dismiss (an idea or suggestion) as being foolish or impractical.
I'm not the topic here and your choice of words are as the definition above ..."foolish or impractical".

Uhm, sure....

Actually.............yeah.............ask a US Navy sailor sometime about the PMS (Periodic Maintenance Survey) program. We check EVERYTHING on the ship that is required for safe and efficient operation on a regular basis. Everything from deck drains and the hatches between spaces, all the way up to and including weapons systems.

So you are squad leader being chased by the bad guys... you and your group jump in your EV jeep and guess what?​

Someone forgot to plug the charger in last night

Fortunately since its only lesbians and soy boys left in the military the enemy will not get much

You are squad leader being chased by the bad guys and your group jumps in your internal combustion jeep and guess what?

No gas!

No oil!

And the battery is dead!

Where will the gas come from? Where will this oil come from?

ZOMG!!!
If there is no energy in America that means biden is still president

That pilot depends on jet fuel, not some half assed battery

You're right, that pilot depends on jet fuel, of which there is only a finite amount in the tanks. "Bingo" is the point where they have enough fuel left in the tanks to get back to base safely. What? Are you thinking that the pilot will simply stop off at a gas station in the sky and refuel? Sorry, but tanker aircraft aren't always available, which is why pilots plan for the "bingo" point. Same thing for electric batteries, they aren't going to run them until they are completely dead, they are going to plan their battery levels and turn back at a certain point, just like they do for fueled vehicles.

pooh-pooh --dismiss (an idea or suggestion) as being foolish or impractical.
I'm not the topic here and your choice of words are as the definition above ..."foolish or impractical".
Sure thing you whiner.

Yup and all electric military by 2050.

I wonder what brave aviator will be assigned to test the new super sonic electric jet fighter or electric stealth bomber? What size battery will be needed for the aircraft carriers?

Actually, carriers already do kinda work on battery power. It's called a nuclear reactor, which generates the electricity required to run the ship. Diesel engines on a carrier are there only for last resort backup.

You're right, that pilot depends on jet fuel, of which there is only a finite amount in the tanks. "Bingo" is the point where they have enough fuel left in the tanks to get back to base safely. What? Are you thinking that the pilot will simply stop off at a gas station in the sky and refuel? Sorry, but tanker aircraft aren't always available, which is why pilots plan for the "bingo" point. Same thing for electric batteries, they aren't going to run them until they are completely dead, they are going to plan their battery levels and turn back at a certain point, just like they do for fueled vehicles.

Dude my papa was a MCPO in the US Navy and served almost his entire naval career on carriers.

He'd scoff at "green" military energy

Imagine how a lithium ion battery will interact with an IED. Can you say more bang for the buck?

Just like current gas powered vehicles have their fuel tanks heavily armored (gas doesn't react well with explosions either btw), if the military is using EV's, you can bet your ass that their systems will be heavily armored as well.

Dude my papa was a MCPO in the US Navy and served almost his entire naval career on carriers.

He'd scoff at "green" military energy

So what? I don't care who your relative was, because it's readily apparent to even the most casual observer that you know zip point squat about being in the military or what they actually do day to day. Sorry, but being related to someone and hearing their stories about being in the military ISN'T the same as actually serving and doing the work yourself.

Ever hear of a backup source? Try regenerative braking systems and fuel cells. You must live under a rock and have for a very long time.

Yeah right. Explosive hydrogen-filled fuel cells or Li-Ion batteries. What soldier in their right mind would want to be sitting inside a traveling bomb when it gets hit with a Russian or Chinese 30mm autocannon?

Do you own an EV? Let's take it out somewhere and shoot it full of holes, just to see some fireworks.

Just like current gas powered vehicles have their fuel tanks heavily armored (gas doesn't react well with explosions either btw), if the military is using EV's, you can bet your ass that their systems will be heavily armored as well.
their systems will be heavily armored as well.
More weight means more electricity usage to move the tonnage. So self defeating using EV's....

So what? I don't care who your relative was, because it's readily apparent to even the most casual observer that you know zip point squat about being in the military or what they actually do day to day. Sorry, but being related to someone and hearing their stories about being in the military ISN'T the same as actually serving and doing the work yourself.

Gfy. You come on here spewing BS. I mean really now you're claiming nuclear energy is really electric?

Fcking dumbfuck, nobody buys that bs.

Forum List

Back