So you are squad leader being chased by the bad guys... you and your group jump in your EV jeep and guess what?

Yeah right. Explosive hydrogen-filled fuel cells or Li-Ion batteries. What soldier in their right mind would want to be sitting inside a traveling bomb when it gets hit with a Russian or Chinese 30mm autocannon?

Do you own an EV? Let's take it out somewhere and shoot it full of holes, just to see some fireworks.

He's delusional . Just another left loon spewing leftist crap

The US Army is going electric – and wants to be net-zero by 2050​

But the EV batteries are not charged! You can't go anywhere!
Unlike the earlier jeeps with their extra tanks of gas in US Green Metal Gas Jerry Can Army Military Fuel 5 Gallon US Jeep.
So will these new EV jeeps carry extra batteries?
Also will the new EV jeeps get charged at night from local utilities?
Where will this electricity come from to charge the EV jeeps?

View attachment 729215

What a stupid post. Don't military personnel do a daily inspection of fuel? You keep posting ridiculous what if scenarios with no basis in reality or science.

Take you meds and go outside.
\

Yeah right. Explosive hydrogen-filled fuel cells or Li-Ion batteries. What soldier in their right mind would want to be sitting inside a traveling bomb when it gets hit with a Russian or Chinese 30mm autocannon?

Do you own an EV? Let's take it out somewhere and shoot it full of holes, just to see some fireworks.
I know you're a moron, but please, give it a rest.

So what? I don't care who your relative was, because it's readily apparent to even the most casual observer that you know zip point squat about being in the military or what they actually do day to day. Sorry, but being related to someone and hearing their stories about being in the military ISN'T the same as actually serving and doing the work yourself.
I worked on F-15s who used after burner to go vertical on take off. Can you imagine a jet using EV to try vertical takeoff? Bwaaaahhhaaaaaa...

What a stupid post. Don't military personnel do a daily inspection of fuel? You keep posting ridiculous what if scenarios with no basis in reality or science.

Take you meds and go outside.
\

Not only do they take inventory of what is and isn't properly running, but they also check out the vehicles they are going to take into battle to make sure they are able to get there and back.

He's delusional . Just another left loon spewing leftist crap

All leftists are delusional and insane. I knew a guy one time that used to ramble on about how "in the future",all the highways will have an "electrified strip" embedded in the pavement, where everyone's electric car would get power.

The same idiot ran for a local office as a Democrat three times and lost every time. :laughing0301:

They never will be Moron. Energy and Mass. Maybe you could use an EV Jeep on a base for MPs or something but that's it. You must be having a terminal case of dumbass disease.

Gasoline has 5,000 times the energy in 1lb of gas than a 1lb battery, is easily transportable, easily transferable.
That is REAL science,. not pseudo science taught to the Marxists.

So you are squad leader being chased by the bad guys... you and your group jump in your gas powered jeep and the damn thing won’t start.​

I know you're a moron, but please, give it a rest.

So you couldn't dispute the fact that Li-Ion batteries and fuel cells are too unstable and vulnerable for military use, but instead responded with an childish attack?

I rest my case. You're dismissed. :laughing0301:

Back in the 1970's, the Department of Defense became concerned that too many people were developing Operating Systems and Programming Languages that were incompatible with each other. Because the military feared this would lead to confusion (particularly in dispensing lucrative military contracts for software), the DOD declared that all software purchased by any military organization must use the higher-order programming language ADA (named after Ada Lovelace, mistress of Charles Babbage, inventor of an early mechanical calculator). Initially, a few companies (that are no longer around) got onboard and developed some mainframe platforms that used the ADA environment and the ADA language requirement became is MIL-SPEC (a standard to which everything the military buys must adhere).

Fast forward to 1990, where the military, like every other organization in the world, was dying to to get PCs into the office. The problems was, companies like Microsoft and Apple had no interest in ADA. They developed their own, far superior, OS' and software that didn't bother with ADA or the MIL-SPEC. No ADA software was ever created that could run a PC.

So, the DOD, in it's infinite wisdom, said, "OK, you can buy PC's and software off of a government contract, but only the brands we say BUT, you will need a approved waiver for to purchase non MIL-SPEC". So, whole departments were created simply to process waivers for military units to buy PC.

The moral of this story is ... when they need to, the military will go around their own rules to buy whatever they need in theater. If there are no EVs that can perform the military mission as well as ICE vehicles by 2050, which I suspect will be true, then they will just go out and buy ICE vehicles but they will just add more paperwork to make it seem that they aren't breaking their own rules.

I like the idea of Hydrogen fuel, it is less likely to blow up as gasoline, and you can store more because it must be in a liquid state that condenses more than gas. When it burns though it produces water, not CO, which then has to be sent through a catalytic converter to add the extra O to make it CO2. The CC causes the engine to lose power while straight burning hydrogen you get more bang for your buck. Now all we have to do is convince the oil companies to rig for hydrogen instead of oil.

Back in the 1970's, the Department of Defense became concerned that too many people were developing Operating Systems and Programming Languages that were incompatible with each other. Because the military feared this would lead to confusion (particularly in dispensing lucrative military contracts for software), the DOD declared that all software purchased by any military organization must use the higher-order programming language ADA (named after Ada Lovelace, mistress of Charles Babbage, inventor of an early mechanical calculator). Initially, a few companies (that are no longer around) got onboard and developed some mainframe platforms that used the ADA environment and the ADA language requirement became is MIL-SPEC (a standard to which everything the military buys must adhere).

Fast forward to 1990, where the military, like every other organization in the world, was dying to to get PCs into the office. The problems was, companies like Microsoft and Apple had no interest in ADA. They developed their own, far superior, OS' and software that didn't bother with ADA or the MIL-SPEC. No ADA software was ever created that could run a PC.

So, the DOD, in it's infinite wisdom, said, "OK, you can buy PC's and software off of a government contract, but only the brands we say BUT, you will need a approved waiver for to purchase non MIL-SPEC". So, whole departments were created simply to process waivers for military units to buy PC.

The moral of this story is ... when they need to, the military will go around their own rules to buy whatever they need in theater. If there are no EVs that can perform the military mission as well as ICE vehicles by 2050, which I suspect will be true, then they will just go out and buy ICE vehicles but they will just add more paperwork to make it seem that they aren't breaking their own rules.
ADA? American's with Disability Act? Now i understand why the Military is all fucked up.

Forum List

Back