Soccer???????????????????

TOTTENHAM THRASHED ARSENAL 5-1 AT WHITE HART LANE TODAY!!! :gasp

Holy cow. That's the first time in, like 77 years Hotspur have beaten Arsenal.

It was an under-manned Gunners side in the League Cup, but still...

So are you.
No I'm not. But soccer is. How boring can you get? I only watch sports where its possible for a team that's losing, but not by much, to take the lead with one play. Down by 3 in baseball, you can take the lead with a single play. Down by two in basketball, you can take the lead in a single play. Down by 5 in football, you can take the lead with a single play. Down by 1 in soccer, best you can do is tie. Boring.

Down by 1 in soccer, best you can do is tie. Boring.

Totally untrue.
I don't think you have watched any soccer match or if you have maybe its high school team.

Teams have gone down by 5 goals in soccer and have yet managed to win or tie the game. Soccer is totally unpredictable and full of surprises and skill.

Go and watch teams like Real Madrid , Chelsea , AC Milan , Arsenal play.

In baseball the batsmen dosen't get a second chance to redeem himself. 3 strikes and ypu are out!
In soccer even if the striker has missed a few chances ta the goal he can still buck up and score.

Don't even compare sports like Basketball and Baseball with Soccer. Soccer is way ahead of both these sports in terms of $$$,fan following , merchandise and entertainment.

No I'm not. But soccer is. How boring can you get? I only watch sports where its possible for a team that's losing, but not by much, to take the lead with one play. Down by 3 in baseball, you can take the lead with a single play. Down by two in basketball, you can take the lead in a single play. Down by 5 in football, you can take the lead with a single play. Down by 1 in soccer, best you can do is tie. Boring.

That is, without a shadow of a doubt, the lamest, most contrived and utterly absurd rationale I have ever read.

That's nice. Who cares? Not me. I couldn't give a sh!t what you think about soccer.

You are lame to come into a sports thread and tell everyone how boring it is. Baseball is a boring sport to me, but if its your favourite, I'm not going to come into a thread and tell you its boring. Why? Because I'm lame if I do. Just like you are for doing so here.

That's nice. Who cares? Not me. I couldn't give a sh!t what you think about soccer.

You are lame to come into a sports thread and tell everyone how boring it is. Baseball is a boring sport to me, but if its your favourite, I'm not going to come into a thread and tell you its boring. Why? Because I'm lame if I do. Just like you are for doing so here.

Nice one!

PS :- Chelsea vs Tottenham on the 24th of Feb in Wembley.(League Cup final):clap2:
The fact that Lvpool didn't even make it to the semis proves my earlier point!

Nice one!

PS :- Chelsea vs Tottenham on the 24th of Feb in Wembley.(League Cup final):clap2:
The fact that Lvpool didn't even make it to the semis proves my earlier point!

Yeah, well done. But don't gloat before you've won it!

I'll be keeping a low profile after last night's West Ham game. Uggh!

Yeah, well done. But don't gloat before you've won it!

I'll be keeping a low profile after last night's West Ham game. Uggh!

I ain't gloatin Tigerbob.. I have a right to be proud and happy since we are going to Wembley and Man Utd , Arsnl and Lvpool aren't!

PS:- You guys sucked royally in the West Ham game..I saw the highlights on Sky.:eusa_whistle:

I ain't gloatin Tigerbob.. I have a right to be proud and happy since we are going to Wembley and Man Utd , Arsnl and Lvpool aren't!

PS:- You guys sucked royally in the West Ham game..I saw the highlights on Sky.:eusa_whistle:

Can't disagree. And I must admit, Chelsea are looking a lot better now than they were in October. This weekend will be interesting....

In the meantime, first England game tonight under the new manager, Fabio Capello, and who does he choose as Captain? Who else? Steve Gerrard, Gerrard....

Can't disagree. And I must admit, Chelsea are looking a lot better now than they were in October. This weekend will be interesting....

In the meantime, first England game tonight under the new manager, Fabio Capello, and who does he choose as Captain? Who else? Steve Gerrard, Gerrard....

England played awesome tigerbob!!! You saw the match?? Joe Cole was outstanding..Shit! His dribbling was superb..and what a sublime pass to Wright Philips..

btw Gerrard was captain since Terry wasen't playing!:eusa_wall:

England played awesome tigerbob!!! You saw the match?? Joe Cole was outstanding..Shit! His dribbling was superb..and what a sublime pass to Wright Philips..

btw Gerrard was captain since Terry wasen't playing!:eusa_wall:

Gerrard's 40 yard crossfield ball to Cole for the first goal was a thing of beauty, and the second SW-P could hardly miss after Stevie put it on a plate for him.

I think Terry has been a good captain, but it appears Capello has made no promises.

Oh, and Gerrard was man of the match. :eusa_whistle:

Not looking good for this weekend. Liverpool have 6 key players out, including Torres.

Yeah, and Rafa's utter inability to win any points on the road against the other big four gives me zero confidence we'll get a result.

Yeah, and Rafa's utter inability to win any points on the road against the other big four gives me zero confidence we'll get a result.

Today Chelsea vs Lvpool. Remember , Grant is fielding a Chelsea side without Drogba , Malouda , Essien and Ballack. But,we will still win!:cool:

Today Chelsea vs Lvpool. Remember , Grant is fielding a Chelsea side without Drogba , Malouda , Essien and Ballack. But,we will still win!:cool:

RESULT: Chelsea 0 - Liverpool 0. And remember, Liverpool fielded a side without Torres, Alonso, Voronin, Aurelio, Arbeloa and Agger.

Liverpool the better team according to John Terry afterwards. But let's face it, not the best game I've ever seen.

Forum List

Back