Solar Power is Bankrupt

Very informative this site is proved to be.

Home | SolarSecrets
press-room&a=view&article_id=31

Why rooftop solar is disruptive to utilities—and the grid

Lol, so Solar Power doesnt generate new jobs?

roflmao
No, Solar Power is not generating new jobs, the government is generating the jobs by dictating the use of Solar Power. In the wake of the government dictates, is a nice list of bankrupt solar companies.

Last I checked, our economy is in very poor condition, in California they have scheduled blackouts for this summer, I imagine the expensive power in California and scheduled blackouts will be great for industry.

Power generating plant loses? Do you mean "capacity factor"?

No, I am talking about how much energy is generated in the form of burning fossil fuels, coal or oil, and how much of that energy is converted successfully into electricity at the power plant. Power Capacity is the energy it generates as compared to what it could produce if it had 100% up time production, as I understand it. Only about 35% of the energy generated by burning fuel makes it into electricity at the plant, witht he rest lost in conversion to mechanical energy, then to electrical, etc..

Rooftop Solar is insignificant, and will always be insignificant. Never will rooftop solar be anything more than a government giveaway of other people's money.

Rooftop solar can never ever supply the energy needed to run industry nor to even pump the water a house needs.

That is not my straw man, dear, I am talking about solar to supplement a strained power grid at the customer end of the pipeline.

Of course you ignore the intermittent nature of Solar power, that is not a concern?

No, I did not. Deep cycle batteries can hold that energy and release it regularly.

I guess the easiest comparison will be, to think of those high tension power lines, they carry an incredible amount of power, the inefficiency of Solar is easy to see, adding enough roof top solar panels to provide that kind of power is simply an idea of lunacy, just the amount of transfer stations stepping up the power would be ridiculous.

No one said that solar panel would replace high power lines. But individual families can and do live off the grid using solar power and deep cycle batteries.

20,000 dollars we are to spend, on top of what we already pay, and this to a corporation that you dictate. Tyranny is your idea.

You keep mentioning $20,000 for what? To buy solar panels? lol, I guess if your an idiot.

Would a $20,000 car that paid for itself in seven years and then functioned for at least another twenty or thirty, all the while putting money in your pocket, be called "expensive"?

Power generating plant loses? Do you mean "capacity factor"?

No, I am talking about how much energy is generated in the form of burning fossil fuels, coal or oil, and how much of that energy is converted successfully into electricity at the power plant. Power Capacity is the energy it generates as compared to what it could produce if it had 100% up time production, as I understand it. Only about 35% of the energy generated by burning fuel makes it into electricity at the plant, witht he rest lost in conversion to mechanical energy, then to electrical, etc..

Rooftop Solar is insignificant, and will always be insignificant. Never will rooftop solar be anything more than a government giveaway of other people's money.

Rooftop solar can never ever supply the energy needed to run industry nor to even pump the water a house needs.

That is not my straw man, dear, I am talking about solar to supplement a strained power grid at the customer end of the pipeline.

Of course you ignore the intermittent nature of Solar power, that is not a concern?

No, I did not. Deep cycle batteries can hold that energy and release it regularly.

I guess the easiest comparison will be, to think of those high tension power lines, they carry an incredible amount of power, the inefficiency of Solar is easy to see, adding enough roof top solar panels to provide that kind of power is simply an idea of lunacy, just the amount of transfer stations stepping up the power would be ridiculous.

No one said that solar panel would replace high power lines. But individual families can and do live off the grid using solar power and deep cycle batteries.

20,000 dollars we are to spend, on top of what we already pay, and this to a corporation that you dictate. Tyranny is your idea.

You keep mentioning $20,000 for what? To buy solar panels? lol, I guess if your an idiot.
I know what you mean, I was correcting you, it is called Capacity Factor, and it is not the figure you give. If you wish to make up your own stuff based on your google searches there is not much of a discussion.

The customer end of the pipeline? The customer is Industry, the customer is the Department of Water, the 2 biggest customers of electricity.

Is your focus only on homes?

Deep cycle batteries? If they work why is the government spending billions trying to invent something different? And given Solar does not ever come close to providing 1% of the power we need, how is it going to supply 1000% above and beyond to charge batteries?

I know what you mean, I was correcting you, it is called Capacity Factor, and it is not the figure you give.

I was not talking about the capacity factor, dude.
Capacity factor - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
The net capacity factor of a power plant is the ratio of its actual output over a period of time, to its potential output if it were possible for it to operate at full nameplate capacity continuously over the same period of time. To calculate the capacity factor, take the total amount of energythe plant produced during a period of time and divide by the amount of energy the plant would have produced at full capacity.

I am talking about the loss of energy as fuel is converted into heat, then mechanical and then electricity, dude.

It would help if you actually read what you responded to.

If you wish to make up your own stuff based on your google searches there is not much of a discussion.

Lol, and if you wont actually what I post to you it already is not a discussion.

The customer end of the pipeline? The customer is Industry, the customer is the Department of Water, the 2 biggest customers of electricity. Is your focus only on homes?

I am talking about homes. Alllowing homes to use solar would reduce demand on the grid by about 20%.

Deep cycle batteries? If they work why is the government spending billions trying to invent something different? And given Solar does not ever come close to providing 1% of the power we need, how is it going to supply 1000% above and beyond to charge batteries?

Deep cycle batteries work, and I know people that already use some of them. One guy just uses a bank of car batteries.

I know what you mean, I was correcting you, it is called Capacity Factor, and it is not the figure you give.

The net capacity factor of a power plant is the ratio of its actual output over a period of time, to its potential output if it were possible for it to operate at full nameplate capacity continuously over the same period of time. To calculate the capacity factor, take the total amount of energythe plant produced during a period of time and divide by the amount of energy the plant would have produced at full capacity.

I am talking about the loss of energy as fuel is converted into heat, then mechanical and then electricity, dude.

If you wish to make up your own stuff based on your google searches there is not much of a discussion.

Lol, and if you wont actually what I post to you it already is not a discussion.

The customer end of the pipeline? The customer is Industry, the customer is the Department of Water, the 2 biggest customers of electricity. Is your focus only on homes?

I am talking about homes. Alllowing homes to use solar would reduce demand on the grid by about 20%.

Deep cycle batteries work, and I know people that already use some of them. One guy just uses a bank of car batteries.

You are learning as you go, quoting Wikipedia.

Your opinion is not based on facts.

Solar has failed and is bankrupt, the government is dumping billions of dollars into solar and the companies are going bankrupt. The largest Solar companion are going bankrupt.

Your idea that rooftop solar can provide 20% of our power is a fantasy.

Your posts are clumsy at best.

The capacity factor of rooftop solar is?

The amount of energy rooftop solar provides to the grid is negligible and always will be.

It is ridiculous to even discuss something that does not exist, Rooftop Solar as a replacement for commercial power plants.

Solar has failed and is bankrupt, the government is dumping billions of dollars into solar and the companies are going bankrupt. The largest Solar companion are going bankrupt.

The amount of energy rooftop solar provides to the grid is negligible and always will be.

It is ridiculous to even discuss something that does not exist, Rooftop Solar as a replacement for commercial power plants.

A long list of unwarranted assertions from you, so I guess that means you are out of gas.

Thanks for playing, dude.

A long list of unwarranted assertions from you, so I guess that means you are out of gas.

Thanks for playing, dude.
Right, you make unsubstantiated assertions unrelated to my OP and then declare yourself the winner?

You are literally arguing that something you imagine, works?

Rooftop solar? The only thing to say about that is your a fool and that the government has spent billions on it.

Solar will never pump water or supply the energy to power the industry that builds solar.

It is literally bankrupt, failed.

Can solar be used to pump water? No. Can anyone even state the amount of power California uses to pump water?

Can anyone even give a factual figure of the amount of power rooftops provide?

It is a ridiculous argument, where those who support roof top solar literally talk nonsense.

Right, you make unsubstantiated assertions unrelated to my OP and then declare yourself the winner?

You were wrong about the capacity factor, dude.

Just take your beating like a man and dont lie about it, mmk? thanks dear.

You are literally arguing that something you imagine, works?

roflmao, solar power is now imaginary? roflmao roflmao roflmao

Rooftop solar? The only thing to say about that is your a fool and that the government has spent billions on it.

You mean 'you're' a fool, right? roflmao thanks for the chuckles, Chuckles.

Solar will never pump water or supply the energy to power the industry that builds solar.

It is literally bankrupt, failed.

Lol, you are a certified idiot.

You were wrong about the capacity factor, dude.

Just take your beating like a man and dont lie about it, mmk? thanks dear.

Lol, you are a certified idiot.

I never defined capacity factor, I told you to speak in terms that related to what you spoke of. If you think of this as a beating, you certainly are taking a beating. Now have you posted the capacity factor of rooftop solar? On average it is 15% You can not run industry nor pump water with a figure that is so weak.

Nowhere in the world does rooftop power industry, nor does it power a local communities water utility. Rooftop solar is a huge waste of government money, Trillions?

With roughly a kilowatt per square meter of solar energy reaching the ground, how can we resist seeking ways to benefit directly from it. It is only reasonable the effort be put into this. Campaigning against it only serves the "powers" that be. Power, in all the meanings of the word, is already over centralized. Anything that aids in making us independent is positive. Solar energy promises this, and experimenting to get there is a good thing. The upside will greatly exceed any investment made.
Propagandizing for the present power status quo seems to be against our best interests.

With roughly a kilowatt per square meter of solar energy reaching the ground, how can we resist seeking ways to benefit directly from it. It is only reasonable the effort be put into this. Campaigning against it only serves the "powers" that be. Power, in all the meanings of the word, is already over centralized. Anything that aids in making us independent is positive. Solar energy promises this, and experimenting to get there is a good thing. The upside will greatly exceed any investment made.
Propagandizing for the present power status quo seems to be against our best interests.
Yet, Solar Power can not power industry, can not pump water, and the cost is extreme. $50 Trillion dollars is proposed o be spent. Ever since Jimmy Carter was president in the 70's the nation has invested in Solar, what has the cost been so far? Does anybody know? Had that money been spent on what is proven to work, where would our nation be today?

Yep, the power of the Sun is amazing, it has given us life, the Earth. Everything we have we can contribute to the Sun, even things such as Oil, Natural Gas, and Nuclear Power.

Sadly, there is no way now, nor in the conceivable future to harness the Sun's energy with a simple device in a reasonable amount of space.

Either way, Solar Panels of any type take energy to be built, that energy only comes from Petroleum, you can never build a Solar Panel without oil. Never in anybodies dreams.

Now you propose we replace what works, with what is unproven, and that replacement will take 10's of thousands of square miles of solar panels, which will require an increase in the production of Oil. Solar Panel production is an industry that will make a select few billions of dollars and saddle us with a faulty product that will never replace Oil, Gas, or Nuclear Power.

I made this thread simply to save the link I began this thread with. There is a lot of interesting stuff in that link.

Solar in the News | SolarSecrets
In a statement issued with the release of the white paper, CARE Executive Director Marita Noon says, "Going solar has become increasingly popular, but consumers and policymakers alike should proceed with caution and recognize the potential consequences of more use of rooftop solar power."

>>Read the full report here.

Which if I follow this link, links to this:
http://www.responsiblenergy.org/CARE-SolarPwrInTheUS-Mar2015.pdf
SUBSIDIES, CREDITS, LOANS AND MANDATES The 2014 elections saw more outside and third-party spending than any election in history.6 Tom Steyer, a retired hedge-fund billionaire, donated close to $74 million and at least $50 million of that went to the group NextGen Climate, which supports solar power and climate-change legislation. The solar industry has previously played a major part in California elections, but now solar-backed funding is making an impact across the country. 1 U.S. Department of Energy. Laying the Foundation for a Solar America: The Million Solar Roofs Initiative http://www.nrel.gov/docs/fy07osti/40483.pdf 2 U.S. Department of Energy Solar Technologies Program. The Department of Energy’s Solar America Initiative. http://web.ornl.gov/sci/solarsummit/presentations/DOEHQsolar.pdf 3 Energy.Gov: Office of Energy Efficiency & Renewable Energy. About the SunShot Initiative | Department of Energy 4 Constable, Anne. (2015, Jan. 24). Eyesore or asset? Eldorado Wrangles with Solar Boom. Santa Fe New Mexican. Eyesore or asset? Eldorado wrangles with solar boom 5 Solar Energy Industries Association. Q2 2014 SMI Fact Sheet. Solar Industry Facts and Figures 6 Khan, Naureen. (2014, Nov. 5). Big Money Prevails in 2014, With Outside Spending Playing A Starring Role. Aljazeera America. Big money prevails in 2014, with outside spending playing starring role All of this affects the citizens of the United States, as taxpayers, consumers, and ratepayers— whether they choose solar for their homes or business or not. SOLAR POWER IN THE U.S. LESSONS LEARNED AND GUIDANCE FOR POLICYMAKERS 4 CITIZENS’ ALLIANCE FOR RESPONSIBLE ENERGY Examples include the highly contested Public Service Commission race in Louisiana between solar candidate Forest Bradley-Wright, a Democrat who changed his party affiliation and ran against incumbent Eric Skrmetta as a Republican. Pro-solar PACs made significant contributions in the primary to get Bradley-Wright to the runoff.7 The solar industry paid out more than any other donor in the Georgia Public Service Commission race8 and in Arizona, the Arizona Corporate Commission race saw candidates receiving large donations from groups like Tell Utilities Solar Won’t Be Killed (T.U.S.K) and Save Our Future Now.9

It seems Solar Power is now one huge group paying off the government to dictate that we buy solar.

I made this thread simply to save the link I began this thread with. There is a lot of interesting stuff in that link.

Solar in the News | SolarSecrets
In a statement issued with the release of the white paper, CARE Executive Director Marita Noon says, "Going solar has become increasingly popular, but consumers and policymakers alike should proceed with caution and recognize the potential consequences of more use of rooftop solar power."

>>Read the full report here.

Which if I follow this link, links to this:
http://www.responsiblenergy.org/CARE-SolarPwrInTheUS-Mar2015.pdf
SUBSIDIES, CREDITS, LOANS AND MANDATES The 2014 elections saw more outside and third-party spending than any election in history.6 Tom Steyer, a retired hedge-fund billionaire, donated close to $74 million and at least $50 million of that went to the group NextGen Climate, which supports solar power and climate-change legislation. The solar industry has previously played a major part in California elections, but now solar-backed funding is making an impact across the country. 1 U.S. Department of Energy. Laying the Foundation for a Solar America: The Million Solar Roofs Initiative http://www.nrel.gov/docs/fy07osti/40483.pdf 2 U.S. Department of Energy Solar Technologies Program. The Department of Energy’s Solar America Initiative. http://web.ornl.gov/sci/solarsummit/presentations/DOEHQsolar.pdf 3 Energy.Gov: Office of Energy Efficiency & Renewable Energy. About the SunShot Initiative | Department of Energy 4 Constable, Anne. (2015, Jan. 24). Eyesore or asset? Eldorado Wrangles with Solar Boom. Santa Fe New Mexican. Eyesore or asset? Eldorado wrangles with solar boom 5 Solar Energy Industries Association. Q2 2014 SMI Fact Sheet. Solar Industry Facts and Figures 6 Khan, Naureen. (2014, Nov. 5). Big Money Prevails in 2014, With Outside Spending Playing A Starring Role. Aljazeera America. Big money prevails in 2014, with outside spending playing starring role All of this affects the citizens of the United States, as taxpayers, consumers, and ratepayers— whether they choose solar for their homes or business or not. SOLAR POWER IN THE U.S. LESSONS LEARNED AND GUIDANCE FOR POLICYMAKERS 4 CITIZENS’ ALLIANCE FOR RESPONSIBLE ENERGY Examples include the highly contested Public Service Commission race in Louisiana between solar candidate Forest Bradley-Wright, a Democrat who changed his party affiliation and ran against incumbent Eric Skrmetta as a Republican. Pro-solar PACs made significant contributions in the primary to get Bradley-Wright to the runoff.7 The solar industry paid out more than any other donor in the Georgia Public Service Commission race8 and in Arizona, the Arizona Corporate Commission race saw candidates receiving large donations from groups like Tell Utilities Solar Won’t Be Killed (T.U.S.K) and Save Our Future Now.9

It seems Solar Power is now one huge group paying off the government to dictate that we buy solar.
Could solar effectively supply enough energy for homeowners? I know solar will likely never be able to supply enough energy to industry, but could it for residential users? Assume a sunny location like Florida or the SW USA, where the sun shines year round. If homes/condos had solar on the roofs, could it do the job?

Could solar effectively supply enough energy for homeowners? I know solar will likely never be able to supply enough energy to industry, but could it for residential users? Assume a sunny location like Florida or the SW USA, where the sun shines year round. If homes/condos had solar on the roofs, could it do the job?

Currently the government has done everything to drive up the cost of power, artificially. If Solar can power a house, it is an extremely expensive option, unless the government pays the bill.

At the least, it seems like an incredible waste of Natural Resources, people do not even discuss the elements it takes to build solar power and how limited the supply of those elements are.

Solar is a short lived fad that will cost us trillions. Solar will not survive, it will run out of, Elements.

Currently the government has done everything to drive up the cost of power, artificially. If Solar can power a house, it is an extremely expensive option, unless the government pays the bill.

At the least, it seems like an incredible waste of Natural Resources, people do not even discuss the elements it takes to build solar power and how limited the supply of those elements are.

Solar is a short lived fad that will cost us trillions. Solar will not survive, it will run out of, Elements.

Lol, you are so lacking with the facts on this subject.

Average kWhs per American home is around 10,000 annually, but lets go with La's 15,000 just to push the upper end of home usage. That runs to about 41 kWhs per day per home.

So lets put up some solar panels, we can get some in bulk at 40 cents per Watt, but lets go with something more retail end, at 63 cents per Wat. These are Canadian Solar CS6X-300 with 300 Wats peak power, and with 25 of them we have 7500 Wats at peak. This costs $189.00 per panel for a total cost of $4,725.00. Lets say that La averages only 4.9 hours equivalent of peak sun hours per day year round. That gives us 36.1 kWhs daily, or 13,413 kWhs annually, almost the annual electrical need in Louisiana.

Now if electrical power companies had to reimburse you for the over wattage, you could make, at 8.4 cents per kWh, $1,126 in the first year alone and recoup all that money invested in your solar panels with the number of panels we took in this example, but we could put in more in a ground install, but 25 for a roof is typical.

But since the power companies in most states can cap their credit to you to merely reducing your bill to $0, you only make about $1,126 annually, and that means you still clean up within 5 years of buying and installing your panels if you can do it yourself and use car batteries to store the power to your home overnight. Ground installation is the cheapest and easiest to do, and that is my plan. Then you could put in 100 panels and make money if the power companies had no cap for reimbursing you.

Isnt it funny that the wealthy get all these caps that work in their favor like this cap and the Social Security tax (FICA tax) cap?

Your claim about Solar not surviving into the future is just plain old stuffage. Who pays you to post that crap?

Last edited:

Lol, you are so lacking with the facts on this subject.

Average kWhs per American home is around 10,000 annually, but lets go with La's 15,000 just to push the upper end of home usage. That runs to about 41 kWhs per day per home.

So lets put up some solar panels, we can get some in bulk at 40 cents per Watt, but lets go with something more retail end, at 63 cents per Wat. These are Canadian Solar CS6X-300 with 300 Wats peak power, and with 25 of them we have 7500 Wats at peak. This costs $189.00 per panel for a total cost of $4,725.00. Lets say that La averages only 4.9 hours equivalent of peak sun hours per day year round. That gives us 36.1 kWhs daily, or 13,413 kWhs annually, almost the annual electrical need in Louisiana.

Now if electrical power companies had to reimburse you for the over wattage, you could make, at 8.4 cents per kWh, $1,126 in the first year alone and recoup all that money invested in your solar panels with the number of panels we took in this example, but we could put in more in a ground install, but 25 for a roof is typical.

But since the power companies in most states can cap their credit to you to merely reducing your bill to $0, you only make about $1,126 annually, and that means you still clean up within 5 years of buying and installing your panels if you can do it yourself and use car batteries to store the power to your home overnight. Ground installation is the cheapest and easiest to do, and that is my plan. Then you could put in 100 panels and make money if the power companies had no cap for reimbursing you.

Isnt it funny that the wealthy get all these caps that work in their favor like this cap and the Social Security tax (FICA tax) cap?

Your claim about Solar not surviving into the future is just plain old stuffage. Who pays you to post that crap?
Lacking facts? You are not speaking gibberish. First you stumbled around Capacity Factor, and from what I see, you still refuse to include the Capacity factor in your fabricated utopia of Rooftop Solar.

Now you have magically created a Solar system that costs only 20% of what the current systems on the market cost.

Then you follow up making some sort of claim about Rich People as if that is relevant to the government dictating we buy power from you personally, and at what cost, a 100x's the wholesale price?

Rooftop Solar is a huge scam, nothing more, it also makes no sense in areas where water is in short supply, like the entire south west. Further Roof Top solar increases the consumption of Coal, Petroleum, and natural resources. Thousands and thousands of solar panels requires millions of tons of raw materials processed by heavy industry into a product. That takes massive amounts of energy, and as you envision, will be a new heavy industry, forever.

Forum List

Back