Solar Trust of America goes Bankrupt

Nova78

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2011
$i-xwvZWZW-S.jpgAnother solar company crashes into the sun – Solar Trust of America | Radio Vice Online

Less than one year ago, the Obama administration’s Department of Energy offered – at that time – the second largest loan guarantee evah for an energy project. Solar Trust of America – filed for bankruptcy yesterday.The Oakland-based company has held rights for the 1,000-megawatt Blythe Solar Power Project in the Southern California desert, which last April won $2.1 billion of conditional loan guarantees from the U.S. Department of Energy. It is unclear how the bankruptcy will affect that project.

Dropping like flies,hell I think I want one of those government -easy money loans:eusa_clap:

Last edited:
Which alternative energy company that got government funding has been successful?

so "they take all the free money, until non-delivery dries up even the Public purse" ? ever any intention of delivering functioning product ?

Know why you never hear about oil and gas companies defaulting on government loan guarantees?

'Cause there are none.

Know why you never hear about oil and gas companies defaulting on government loan guarantees?

'Cause there are none.
oil subsidies ?

("for the record", as they say, does anybody dispute, that oil has zero off-world potential, i.e. "nobody will ever use petrol to power space craft" ? Does anybody dispute the quote, from the movie K-19, by "reactor officer Radtchenko", that "nuclear power ... will open up the planets [to off-world exploration]" ? I.e. in the "long-term", Big Oil offers zero future ?)

Forum List

Back