Soldier: Obama not U.S. born, can't send me to Afghanistan

I still don't see where I said that you dishonest fuck.

Well, its a good thng that I can use the quote function then. Putting someone in front of a firing squad and asking questions under the threat of death if the wrong answers are given is torture. Your hypocrisy is astounding, but funny. :cool:

They need to put that soldier in front of a firing squad and ask if they are SURE Obama isn't US born or is he/she just a right winger looking for an excuse to get out of serving.

BTW, go fuck yourself. :cool:

What???? Isn't he "SURE" of himself? If he's not 100% sure that the misinformation he has been swallowing isn't 100% true, then he better get his ass back to the barracks.

Your deflection doesn't change the fact that you called for the torture of a US Soldier, yet find it appalling that we waterboarded some terrorsts. :cool:

MACON — U.S. Army Maj. Stefan Frederick Cook is seeking a federal court order to stall and eventually prevent an upcoming deployment to Afghanistan.

In the 20-page document — filed July 8 with the United States District Court, Middle District of Georgia — Cook's California-based attorney, Orly Taitz, asks the court to consider granting his client's request based upon Cook's belief that President Barrack Obama is not a natural-born citizen of the United States and is therefore ineligible to serve as commander-in-chief of U.S Armed Forces.

Cook further states he "would be acting in violation of international law by engaging in military actions outside the United States under this President’s command, and that Plaintiff would thus be simultaneously unable to perform his duties in good Rule 65(b) Application for Temporary Restraining Order 22 conscience and yet be simultaneously subjecting himself to possible prosecution as a war criminal by the faithful execution of these duties."

Soldier: Obama not U.S. born, can't send me to Afghanistan - Politics AP - MiamiHerald.com

What if every soldier refused to serve in Iraq because Bush stole the 2000 election? We have more proof of that than we do on Obama being born outside the US.

Well, its a good thng that I can use the quote function then. Putting someone in front of a firing squad and asking questions under the threat of death if the wrong answers are given is torture. Your hypocrisy is astounding, but funny. :cool:

BTW, go fuck yourself. :cool:

What???? Isn't he "SURE" of himself? If he's not 100% sure that the misinformation he has been swallowing isn't 100% true, then he better get his ass back to the barracks.

Your deflection doesn't change the fact that you called for the torture of a US Soldier, yet find it appalling that we waterboarded some terrorsts. :cool:

You must be the dumbest bitch on USMB. If he is SURE Obama wasn't born in the US, then he has absolutely nothing to worry about.

It doesn't matter the reason for the suite filed by cook, she filed it. All the rest is pure guessing also on your part for we don't know for sure. I'm telling you that in my experience the Military usually doesn't let this stuff go so easy even if it was easier to do so.

I'm just saying this is very different then the norm... my opinion is what I said, your's is yours.

No, the reason does matter. Sorry. BTW, Cook is a dude.

Furthermore, I am not speculating about Cook's motives. In February he joined Taitz's class action suit of current and former military seeking to compell Obama to release his "vault copy" in an attempt to gain standing:

Subject: ATTORNEY HAFFEY REFERRED
To: [email protected]
Date: Sunday, February 1, 2009, 6:40 AM

Dear Attorney Orly,

My name is Major Stefan F. Cook. I am an officer in the Army Reserve of the United States of America and understand that you are heading up a class action suite to request that Barack Obama show he meets the Constitutional qualifications to be our Commander In Chief. As an officer in the U.S. Army, I have the right to know that I am following the lawful orders from a Constitutionally qualified Commander In Chief.

I would like to sign on as a participating plaintiff in this class action.

Please advise.

V/R

STEFAN F. COOK
MAJ, EN, US ARMY

Major Cook went on to send Dr. Taitz a signed, notarized consent form authorizing her to name him as a plaintiff in this suit.

He then volunteers for active duty in May, get's his orders in June, and promptly files suit.

HRC-STL's explaination for their actions are here:

Lt. Col. Maria Quon, U.S. Army Public Affairs Officer, U.S. Army Human Resources Command-St. Louis, said Tuesday evening, Cook was no longer expected to report Wednesday to MacDill Air Force Base in Florida for mobilization to active duty.

Cook is an Individual Mobilization Augmentee (IMA), meaning he is a reserve soldier assigned to an active component unit for duty. He is assigned to the U.S. Army Element of U.S. Southern Command. Last week he filed a request in federal court seeking a temporary restraining order and status as a conscientious objector through his California-based attorney, Orly Taitz.

Earlier today, Quon said Cook submitted a formal written request to Human Resources Command-St. Louis on May 8, 2009 volunteering to serve one year in Afghanistan with Special Operations Command, U.S. Army Central Command, beginning July 15, 2009. The soldier's orders were issued on June 9, Quon said.

"A reserve soldier who volunteers for an active duty tour may ask for a revocation of orders up until the day he is scheduled to report for active duty," Quon said.

She added that there is an administrative process to request revocation of orders. As of this afternoon, Cook had not asked for his orders to be revoked, Quon said. She could not say why the soldier's orders were pulled today by 3 p.m. CDT.

"Because of the Privacy Act I couldn't go into it," Quon said.
Soldier who says Obama isn't president doesn't have to deploy, Army says - Breaking News - Ledger-Enquirer.com

I would suspect that HRC-STL took Cook's lawsuit as a de facto admission that he didn't want to deploy and simply rescinded his orders as opposed to hassle with it in court. The commander of HRC-STL has the latitude to execute and revoke orders as they see fit.

Since Cook volunteered for the duty, there is no rub. If he had been involuntarily mobilized and still owed the Army time, this would be a very different situation.

This guy is a reservist who volunteered for the mission. He volunteered for active duty in May. If he had a problem with the CinC, why the hell volunteer for active duty? Sounds to me like he's a chicken shit who got cold feet and didn't have the heart to follow through and is now using this as an excuse. His personal politics probably don't factor into it very much, so it would be wrong to say this reflects on righties or lefties. It's just this guy's excuse de jour.

He volunteered strictly to prompt a legal case (that would have mostly likely been an epic fail due to jurisdictional reasons, unless the federal courts are going to decide to super-impose themselves over the UCMJ. Talk about judicial activism).

Basically, the Army saw through his little game, and since Cook had volunteered to go, said: Fuck you.

Seriously folks, not to toot my own horn, but read through my posts and it will all make sense. Having had the disctinct "pleasure" of dealing with HRC-STL when I was in the IRR, I get what happend here and both sides are making too big of an issue out of this.

Cook pulled this stunt to try and get a federal case. He didn't violate the UCMJ in doing so. He doesn't deserve to be discharged or tortured or whatnot. He deserves to go back to his reserve unit and look like the giant bag of shit that he is. Since he volunteered for this mission, he had the latitude to unvolunteer and the Army always has the latitude to rescend orders as they see fit. Rather than hassel with this stupidity. This would be a far different situation if he still owed an obligation to the Army and got out of it this way, but that is not what happened.

As I said, the Army saw through his bullshit and decided not to play.

As for the birthers, to imply that this was done due to some sort of phantom conspiracy overlooks the fact that Cook's case (in which he was trying to claim CO status) was absurd and it is doubtful it would have gone anywhere.

His attorney, Orly Taitz, confirmed to WND the military has rescinded his impending deployment orders.

"We won! We won before we even arrived," she said with excitement. "It means that the military has nothing to show for Obama. It means that the military has directly responded by saying Obama is illegitimate - and they cannot fight it. Therefore, they are revoking the order!"

She continued, "They just said, 'Order revoked.' No explanation. No reasons - just revoked."

So what exactly did the military say?

That Obama is illegitimate?

Or order revoked with no further explanation?

Methinks Orly is confused!

Of all the the things that one could debate over Obama citizenship is not one of them. As correctly pointed out, Obama was born of a mother who was a US citizen so he is by definition a "natural born" citizen. I clearly have issues with Obama thats true but this is not one of them.

Okay, here is the military's official motion to dismiss and the official explaination is on page 2:

The Commanding General of SOCCENT has determined that he does not want the services of Major Cook, and has revoked his deployment orders.
Good v. Cook Motion to Dismiss TRO (#5, July 15, 2009) - Fullscreen

Roughly translated: "The General that you were going to work for has decided that you are crazy and a piece of shit, and doesn't want you contaminated his command climate."

LMAO!

Wouldn't it be some shit if it is found that Obama wasn't born in the US and it is still ruled that he can be President because hs mother was a US Citizen?

What these people fal to comprehend is that a US Citizen gave birth to the man, therefore he is a natural born citzen no matter where he was born.

<<<<<

Really? Please explain why my brother and I, both born on military bases in other countries to TWO American citizens had to become naturalized citizens and cannot run for the presidency?

Is it just our military children that we take that right from?

I have a very limited knowledge of Immigration and Naturalization Law. After going through the INA, I have to admit, there is smoke here. It has to be proven that he was born in Kenya, though. At this point it might be easier to prove that there was a shooter on the grassy knoll.

I think the Birthers have a taped phone call with the 90+ year old Kenyan gramma who doesn't speak clear English saying that Barack was born in Kenya. Just think, if Berg had won his Supreme Court review of this, he would have transported her all the way to the United States to testify. Cross-examination would have been fascinating. :lol:

i listened to the tape, his grandma said obama was born in hawaii, even with all the manipulative measures of the talk show host...its all been BS that she said he was born in kenya....FYI

http://www.obamacrimes.info/Telephone_Interview_with_Sarah_Hussein_Obama_10-16-08.mp3

I saw a video of an interview with the grandmother, and watched it with my Kenyan friends. They say, that is EXACTLY what she said, that she was there when he was born. Nothing was manipulated. These same people voted for Obama...and this was before they voted for him.

Like them, you seem to not care. It amazes me how many American citizens really don't care if our laws are followed by our own leaders.

The 14th Amendment defines citizenship this way: "All persons born or naturalized in the United States, and subject to the jurisdiction thereof, are citizens of the United States and of the State wherein they reside." But even this does not get specific enough. As usual, the Constitution provides the framework for the law, but it is the law that fills in the gaps.

Currently, Title 8 of the U.S. Code fills in those gaps. Section 1401 defines the following as people who are "citizens of the United States at birth:"

Anyone born inside the United States *
Any Indian or Eskimo born in the United States, provided being a citizen of the U.S. does not impair the person's status as a citizen of the tribe
Any one born outside the United States, both of whose parents are citizens of the U.S., as long as one parent has lived in the U.S.
Any one born outside the United States, if one parent is a citizen and lived in the U.S. for at least one year and the other parent is a U.S. national
Any one born in a U.S. possession, if one parent is a citizen and lived in the U.S. for at least one year
Any one found in the U.S. under the age of five, whose parentage cannot be determined, as long as proof of non-citizenship is not provided by age 21
Any one born outside the United States, if one parent is an alien and as long as the other parent is a citizen of the U.S. who lived in the U.S. for at least five years (with military and diplomatic service included in this time)
A final, historical condition: a person born before 5/24/1934 of an alien father and a U.S. citizen mother who has lived in the U.S.
Constitutional Topic: Citizenship - The U.S. Constitution Online - USConstitution.net

That soldier is a dummy who did this.

Whether or not Obama showed a birth cert doesn't matter. He IS the Presdient which means he is the Commander in Cheif. Therefore he can send any troop anyplace he wants whether people like it or not.

Interesting... so what is the military saying???? Do they know that Obama is not qualified to be President?

Bombshell: Orders revoked for soldier challenging prez

The guy won. :clap2:

That's my short answer too. As I've said previously, I think at least at the present time, it should turn out he was 'natural born', he'd still continue to serve. However, seems the Constitution presents a problem, that could easily be answered by Obama. I can understand why he felt no reason to 'prove' anything before the election, but with all the issues now before him, seems easy enough to do. Even if not 'natural born.'

Constitution requirements Article II of such:

No Person except a natural born Citizen, or a Citizen of the United States, at the time of the Adoption of this Constitution, shall be eligible to the Office of President; neither shall any person be eligible to that Office who shall not have attained to the Age of thirty five Years, and been fourteen Years a Resident within the United States.

The 14th Amendment defines citizenship this way: "All persons born or naturalized in the United States, and subject to the jurisdiction thereof, are citizens of the United States and of the State wherein they reside." But even this does not get specific enough. As usual, the Constitution provides the framework for the law, but it is the law that fills in the gaps.

Currently, Title 8 of the U.S. Code fills in those gaps. Section 1401 defines the following as people who are "citizens of the United States at birth:"

Anyone born inside the United States *
Any Indian or Eskimo born in the United States, provided being a citizen of the U.S. does not impair the person's status as a citizen of the tribe
Any one born outside the United States, both of whose parents are citizens of the U.S., as long as one parent has lived in the U.S.
Any one born outside the United States, if one parent is a citizen and lived in the U.S. for at least one year and the other parent is a U.S. national
Any one born in a U.S. possession, if one parent is a citizen and lived in the U.S. for at least one year
Any one found in the U.S. under the age of five, whose parentage cannot be determined, as long as proof of non-citizenship is not provided by age 21
Any one born outside the United States, if one parent is an alien and as long as the other parent is a citizen of the U.S. who lived in the U.S. for at least five years (with military and diplomatic service included in this time)
A final, historical condition: a person born before 5/24/1934 of an alien father and a U.S. citizen mother who has lived in the U.S.
Constitutional Topic: Citizenship - The U.S. Constitution Online - USConstitution.net

But at the time Obama was born....didn't the law stipulate that his mother (the U.S. citizen) had to have lived at least 10 years in the U.S. - 5 years of which had to be after the age of 16? If Obama was indeed born in Kenya then he would not be a U.S. citizen by birth....since she was only 18.

If Obama was actually born in Hawaii....he could simply stop all speculation by just showing his full birth certificate which shows the hospital he was born in and the attending physician.....gee....

...whatever happened to Obama's claim of "transparency"? :rolleyes:

BORN IN THE USA?
Major victory for Army warrior questioning Obama's birthplace

A U.S. Army Reserve major from Florida scheduled to report for deployment to Afghanistan within days has had his military orders revoked after arguing he should not be required to serve under a president who has not proven his eligibility for office.

His attorney, Orly Taitz, confirmed to WND the military has rescinded his impending deployment orders.

"We won! We won before we even arrived," she said with excitement. "It means that the military has nothing to show for Obama. It means that the military has directly responded by saying Obama is illegitimate - and they cannot fight it. Therefore, they are revoking the order!"

She continued, "They just said, 'Order revoked.' No explanation. No reasons - just revoked."

A hearing on the questions raised by Maj. Stefan Frederick Cook, an engineer who told WND he wants to serve his country in Afghanistan, was scheduled for July 16 at 9:30 a.m.

Join the petition campaign to make President Obama reveal his long-form, hospital-generated birth certificate!

"As an officer in the armed forces of the United States, it is [my] duty to gain clarification on any order we may believe illegal. With that said, if President Obama is found not to be a 'natural-born citizen,' he is not eligible to be commander-in-chief," he told WND only hours after the case was filed.

(Story continues below)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

This is important folks. As far as I'm concerned..it just opened up the flood gates.
Just like a court case...it can be used in other cases.

I hope that more fall in line until they force the presidents hand!

I'm lovin it!!
:clap2:

If these comments are accurate the attorney is seriously mistaken and appears to have the tactical understanding of a turtle.

Interesting... so what is the military saying???? Do they know that Obama is not qualified to be President?

The guy won. :clap2:

Actually he lost.

Cook worked for SOCOM as a contractor. He managed to piss off the commander of SOCOM so much, that he not only is not deploying, he is getting fired from his job (totally at the Commander's discretion) and he is losing his TS clearance over this stunt.

I'd say the big loser today is Cook. No trial, no job, no clearance, no hope of a future job.

Really? Please explain why my brother and I, both born on military bases in other countries to TWO American citizens had to become naturalized citizens and cannot run for the presidency?

Is it just our military children that we take that right from?

Are you positive that you can't run for the presidency, or are you making an assumption based on other's interpretation of the law? As far as I know, this matter has not been definitively established.

Forum List

Back