Soleimani was probably betrayed...

How did US drones find and target Qassem Soleimani in the first place?

I've had that question since the news broke. Soleimani was a very careful man who traveled in secrecy. Precious few people would be aware of his whereabouts at any one given time especially precisely enough to make a drone strike on him. My money is on straight up betrayal.

Jo

Not true at all. This guy moved around openly.

Iran’s Maj. Gen. Qassem Soleimani traveled with impunity — until U.S. drones found him

"Soleimani often traveled with an air of impunity, as if he felt he was untouchable, officials said. One former senior American commander recalled parking his military jet next to Soleimani’s plane at the Irbil airport in northern Iraq."

The article says otherwise....but I can believe he was as arrogant as you say.

Jo

Dude your article is from a no-name source. Mine is quoting a former US Military commander. Every single news network has talked about how this guy moved around openly. NOT in secret.

Yes I see that....
Just happened onto that article...not sure how. A drone strike asassination is a difficult thing to coordinate however...given the range the timing would have had to be in minutes.

Something smells here.

Dunno....it's one thing to see a plane it's another to hit a fly in the eye.

Jo

The only thing that smells is his rotting corpse.

"In the end, Soleimani’s brazenness may have been his undoing. Unlike terrorist leaders like Osama bin Laden and Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi, Soleimani often operated in the open.

“Soleimani was treated like royalty, and was not particularly hard to find,” said Marc Polymeropoulos, a former senior CIA operations officer with extensive counterterrorism experience overseas who retired last year. “Soleimani absolutely felt untouchable, particularly in Iraq. He took selfies of himself on the battlefield and openly taunted the U.S., because he felt safe in doing so.”

Hmm...something of a miscalculation on his part apparently.

Jo

Iran’s Maj. Gen. Qassem Soleimani traveled with impunity — until U.S. drones found him

"Soleimani often traveled with an air of impunity, as if he felt he was untouchable, officials said. One former senior American commander recalled parking his military jet next to Soleimani’s plane at the Irbil airport in northern Iraq."

Jo

Dude your article is from a no-name source. Mine is quoting a former US Military commander. Every single news network has talked about how this guy moved around openly. NOT in secret.

Yes I see that....
Just happened onto that article...not sure how. A drone strike asassination is a difficult thing to coordinate however...given the range the timing would have had to be in minutes.

Something smells here.

Jo

"In the end, Soleimani’s brazenness may have been his undoing. Unlike terrorist leaders like Osama bin Laden and Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi, Soleimani often operated in the open.

“Soleimani was treated like royalty, and was not particularly hard to find,” said Marc Polymeropoulos, a former senior CIA operations officer with extensive counterterrorism experience overseas who retired last year. “Soleimani absolutely felt untouchable, particularly in Iraq. He took selfies of himself on the battlefield and openly taunted the U.S., because he felt safe in doing so.”

Jo

Yes and considering EVERYONE agrees he moved around openly this thread should be moved to conspiracy theories.

Jo

Yes I see that....

Something smells here.

Jo

Jo

Yes and considering EVERYONE agrees he moved around openly this thread should be moved to conspiracy theories.

Is that what you're after? Lol..
Well I contend that it has a place here also..

Soleimani was well known for maintaining a low profile and moving with a tight security detail and yet the US had precise coordinates to bump him off.

Seems we have a bit of an Infowar.

Jo

Last edited:

I've had that question since the news broke. Soleimani was a very careful man who traveled in secrecy. Precious few people would be aware of his whereabouts at any one given time especially precisely enough to make a drone strike on him. My money is on straight up betrayal.

Jo
Who cares ?

The courageous patriot who dropped a dime on Soleimani's whereabouts might clue President Trump in on someone else's location and if they are high enough on the food chain we could be looking at further victories against Evil.

I were advising Khamenei or Rouhani, I'd tell them to stay in their Spider Holes until after the US election at least.

Do you think he had time to say " oh shit! " before he bought it?

Jo

Probably not, those drones move awfully fast

Yes I see that....

Something smells here.

Jo

Jo

Soleimani was well known for maintaining a low profile and moving with a tight security detail and yet the US had precise coordinates to bump him off.

Jo

My sources: An EX military commander and ex CIA official in charge of terrorist operations overseas.

Your sources: Unknown unheard of sources with unspecified quotes.

Jo
Who cares ?

The courageous patriot who dropped a dime on Soleimani's whereabouts might clue President Trump in on someone else's location and if they are high enough on the food chain we could be looking at further victories against Evil.

I were advising Khamenei or Rouhani, I'd tell them to stay in their Spider Holes until after the US election at least.

Jo

Nope. The last thing going through his mind was the warhead of a Hellfire (appropriately named) missile!

Yes I see that....

Something smells here.

Jo

Jo

Jo

My sources: An EX military commander and ex CIA official in charge of terrorist operations overseas.

Your sources: Unknown unheard of sources with unspecified quotes.

It's a bitch ain't it?
Yet there it is.

Jo

Jo
Who cares ?

Jo

Nope. The last thing going through his mind was the warhead of a Hellfire (appropriately named) missile!

hehheh he did not understand there is a new sherrif in town.

Jo

There's no mystery here. He was definitely betrayed.. But this time it was easy...

He flew COMMERCIAL (not military or private) from Damascus to Baghdad... Too many eyes on the flight even tho his name was not in the manifest....

Exclusive: Informants in Iraq, Syria helped U.S. kill Iran's Soleimani - sources

Jo

Exactly...he thought America did not dare touch him nor Israel....surprise--Surprise

I heard on the 'liberal' news he was coming in for some kind of alleged peace making effort, Iraqis alerted Americans, Americans staked out the airport, when he arrived they gave the call in with the specific coordinates for his kill.

I heard on the 'liberal' news he was coming in for some kind of alleged peace making effort, Iraqis alerted Americans, Americans staked out the airport, when he arrived they gave the call in with the specific coordinates for his kill.
Okay so now this makes a little more sense.
It would appear that the drones were already there when he arrived circling the airport area. That goes back to my original assumption that somebody close to him wanted him dead.

Okay so now this makes a little more sense.
It would appear that the drones were already there when he arrived circling the airport area. That goes back to my original assumption that somebody close to him wanted him dead.
I'm not certain if it was an ally Iraqi that RATTED him out or an enemy Iraqi? The news was not that detailed....

but it does make sense with Americans, covertly staking out the airport and calling in the coordinates for such a precise hit....

US intelligence knows when and where every fucking Iranian leader/terrorist takes a piss 24/7.
Some Iraqi spy 'painted' the car salami got into and made a cell phone call and some dude 12000 miles away entered the GPS coordinates into the drone's computer and the rest is history.

US intelligence knows when and where every fucking Iranian leader/terrorist takes a piss 24/7.

That's pretty much accurate. President Trump is very well informed about the whereabouts of these Low Lifes. If the Jihadi had any doubts about it, The Donald's whacking of Soleimani eliminated them.

I think the Iranian terror leadership will be lying low for a while, Trump made a major blow for peace last week.

I wouldn't be shocked to see Israeli intelligence at work...the world's best!
Whatever the reason the world is done with one sick evil turd! Flush him straight to hell!

Forum List

Back