Some 10,000 Uber, Lyft drivers in Austin not working after vote on fingerprinting

I do not see the problem.

We fingerprint our teachers rightfully so.

Why not the drivers?

10,000 Uber, Lyft drivers in Austin not working after vote
You must be missing the point of Uber, Lyft and other similar services. They are not cabs, they are not taxis. They are a service to connect people who want a ride, to people willing to give a ride. Nothing more, nothing less. What next? Finger print everyone on Craigs' List? Same concept, different medium. Just connecting two people willing to do business.

Why not the drivers?

You must be missing the point of Uber, Lyft and other similar services. They are not cabs, they are not taxis. They are a service to connect people who want a ride, to people willing to give a ride. Nothing more, nothing less. What next? Finger print everyone on Craigs' List? Same concept, different medium. Just connecting two people willing to do business.

Than deregulate all businesses.

Why not the drivers?

Than deregulate all businesses.
Sounds good, when do we start?

Innocent until proven guilty. No compulsion to testify against oneself. No one needs to use these services; they are an option. If the client is willing to accept the conditions, where's the problem?
The questions are interesting.

Last edited:
They provide a service that is potentially dangerous to the public.
I'd be curious to see what the stipulations are when you get a ride from Uber.
Is there something in the fine print that says ride at your own risk because we aren't responsible if your driver turns out to be an axe murderer?

Is there something in the fine print that says ride at your own risk because we aren't responsible if your driver turns out to be an axe murderer?
Exactly how would finger printing them change that? It's just like nearly all "regulations", it only keeps the honest/law obiding people honest/law obiding. The criminals and would be criminals will ALWAYS find a way around ANY and all roadblock that are put up.
Remember, eveyone is a model citezen, until they are not. There is no way of screening to find out where that point is for everyone.

Exactly how would finger printing them change that? It's just like nearly all "regulations", it only keeps the honest/law obiding people honest/law obiding. The criminals and would be criminals will ALWAYS find a way around ANY and all roadblock that are put up.
Remember, eveyone is a model citezen, until they are not. There is no way of screening to find out where that point is for everyone.

They should at least run a background check.

Dale, we are not using your silly dictionary of silly terms.

Finger printing drivers is not fascism except in your silly mind.

The libertarian nonsense here reveals why people get hurt.

Actually, if you fingerprint the drivers as part of their screening process, you can use the fingerprints to run background checks on the drivers to make sure they are safe. Matter of fact, there are several plumbing companies that advertise themselves in Amarillo as having background checks and certifications on all their workers so that when a plumber visits your home, you know they are safe.

And, if the person has a record, running their fingerprints is the fastest and most accurate way to find out, so yeah, it would help to find the criminals.

Guess you don't know how background checks and fingerprints work, do you?

Libertarians don't give a crap about all that.

They want to hide as they slide and glide to take others' wealth.

Listen up, ya stupid fuck, this is about getting our DNA into the record books. If you are a Uber driver, they have your cellphone data and they have the cellphone data of the person that called and the person that drove and called to let them know that their ride has arrived. This is about the bio-metrics program, facial recognition software to compile data on people.....at what point of this process are you going to say "Fuck you...there are some things that are none of your fucking business"? Are you going to allow "da gubermint" to mount cameras in the four corners of every room of your home under the guise of "keeping you safe"? Stop being such a fucking pussy....for the love of all things HOLY, I am living a country full of idiots, pussies and sheep.

Listen up, ya stupid fuck, this is about getting our DNA into the record books. If you are a Uber driver, they have your cellphone data and they have the cellphone data of the person that called and the person that drove and called to let them know that their ride has arrived. This is about the bio-metrics program, facial recognition software to compile data on people.....at what point of this process are you going to say "Fuck you...there are some things that are none of your fucking business"? Are you going to allow "da gubermint" to mount cameras in the four corners of every room of your home under the guise of "keeping you safe"? Stop being such a fucking pussy....for the love of all things HOLY, I am living a country full of idiots, pussies and sheep.
You are a loon, arentcha? :)

The ensuring that the customer's driver threatens no one probably does not indicate the police state toward you.

The ensuring that the customer's driver threatens no one probably does not indicate the police state toward you.

So tell me, how does having someone's fingerprints ensure that? You seem to be for the very thing that you claim to be against. I am a "loon"? Far from it....I simply know a lot of stuff that I doubt that you could even wrap your mind around because you are brainwashed.

When you pay for transportation from point A to point B on a regular basis, then ya that is being a commercial driver.

Uber services don't have to get fingerprint.

Drivers that get paid by Uber will have to be fingerprinted.

On Craigslist you contact the individual directly either via email or they provide a direct phone number. With Uber in most cases you pay with a credit card and you are billed not by the individual driver but by Uber the company.

>>>>

Last edited:

The ensuring that the customer's driver threatens no one probably does not indicate the police state sloping toward you.

So tell me, how does having someone's fingerprints ensure that? You seem to be for the very thing that you claim to be against. I am a "loon"? Far from it....I simply know a lot of stuff that I doubt that you could even wrap your mind around because you are brainwashed.
Yep you are a loon. Now you are arguing against yourself from above, and SPOILER ALERT you are losing both arguments. You know fanciful things that mean nothing.

Forum List

Back