Some Are Jailed in Mississippi for Months Without a Lawyer.

I teach my students exactly this way, and I am exactly right. You're welcome.

Search this document. "Parading" comes up no less than 336 times.

No idea but your link will not allow me to scroll right but if you had an actual case you would have provided it.

No one was sentenced for "Parading".

No idea but your link will not allow me to scroll right but if you had an actual case you would have provided it.

You're just making yourself look increasingly wrong. But do keep going.

So far, the median prison sentence for the Jan. 6 rioters is 60 days, according to TIME’s calculation of the public records. An additional 100 rioters have been sentenced to periods of home detention, while most sentences have included fines, community service and probation for low-level offenses like illegally parading or demonstrating in the Capitol, which is a misdemeanor.

Here is a man who was sentenced to jail. For just parading. Yes. Thank God I'm teaching and not you, right? I am factual. God only knows where you get your information.

WASHINGTON — A judge on Monday ordered Capitol rioter Matthew Mazzocco to spend 45 days in prison, rejecting not only the defense’s argument for probation but also the prosecution’s recommendation that he be sentenced to home confinement instead of time behind bars.

The sentencing before US District Judge Tanya Chutkan marked the first time that any judge presiding over the hundreds of Jan. 6 prosecutions in Washington, DC, handed down a sentence that was harsher than what the government asked for. Chutkan noted that Mazzocco had already been allowed to go home and be with his family in the months since his arrest in mid-January and said his punishment had to be more severe.

“There have to be consequences for participating in an attempted violent overthrow of the government, beyond sitting at home,” Chutkan said.

Mazzocco is the 12th person sentenced in connection with the Jan. 6 insurrection. He pleaded guilty to one count of parading, demonstrating, or picketing in the Capitol, a misdemeanor crime that carries a maximum sentence of six months in prison. The government had asked for a sentence of three months home confinement followed by a period of probation. Assistant US Attorney Kimberly Nielsen had argued that probation alone wasn’t enough, but also that Mazzocco should get credit for pleading guilty early — he was one of the first 10 people to come forward to accept responsibility and take a plea deal, she said.

Oh look here's another one.

How many you want?

You're just making yourself look increasingly wrong. But do keep going.

So far, the median prison sentence for the Jan. 6 rioters is 60 days, according to TIME’s calculation of the public records. An additional 100 rioters have been sentenced to periods of home detention, while most sentences have included fines, community service and probation for low-level offenses like illegally parading or demonstrating in the Capitol, which is a misdemeanor.

"Illegally parading". If you give your students a quiz and on the quiz it says 12+16 =? Do you give them credit if they give the partial answer 8?

Parading is not illegal and no one was charged with that.

How many more you want? Maybe you want to retract that comment about my teaching. Yes?

WASHINGTON, Oct 13 (Reuters) - A federal judge in Washington has repeatedly sentenced people who stormed the U.S. Capitol to more prison time than prosecutors sought, saying that even people who were not violent should face consequences for joining the unprecedented assault.

In the past week, U.S. District Judge Tanya Chutkan has imposed sentences ranging from 14 to 45 days on four people who pleaded guilty to unlawful parading and picketing inside the Capitol building on Jan. 6 — a misdemeanor offense.

"Illegally parading". If you give your students a quiz and on the quiz it says 12+16 =? Do you give them credit if they give the partial answer 8?

Parading is not illegal and no one was charged with that.

You're embarrassing yourself.

The graceful thing to do is say, "I was wrong".

You were wrong.

Here is a man who was sentenced to jail. For just parading. Yes. Thank God I'm teaching and not you, right? I am factual. God only knows where you get your information.

WASHINGTON — A judge on Monday ordered Capitol rioter Matthew Mazzocco to spend 45 days in prison, rejecting not only the defense’s argument for probation but also the prosecution’s recommendation that he be sentenced to home confinement instead of time behind bars.

The sentencing before US District Judge Tanya Chutkan marked the first time that any judge presiding over the hundreds of Jan. 6 prosecutions in Washington, DC, handed down a sentence that was harsher than what the government asked for. Chutkan noted that Mazzocco had already been allowed to go home and be with his family in the months since his arrest in mid-January and said his punishment had to be more severe.

“There have to be consequences for participating in an attempted violent overthrow of the government, beyond sitting at home,” Chutkan said.

Mazzocco is the 12th person sentenced in connection with the Jan. 6 insurrection. He pleaded guilty to one count of parading, demonstrating, or picketing in the Capitol, a misdemeanor crime that carries a maximum sentence of six months in prison. The government had asked for a sentence of three months home confinement followed by a period of probation. Assistant US Attorney Kimberly Nielsen had argued that probation alone wasn’t enough, but also that Mazzocco should get credit for pleading guilty early — he was one of the first 10 people to come forward to accept responsibility and take a plea deal, she said.

Thousand of people "parade" through the Capital every single day. His sentence was not for "parading".

How many more you want? Maybe you want to retract that comment about my teaching. Yes?

WASHINGTON, Oct 13 (Reuters) - A federal judge in Washington has repeatedly sentenced people who stormed the U.S. Capitol to more prison time than prosecutors sought, saying that even people who were not violent should face consequences for joining the unprecedented assault.

In the past week, U.S. District Judge Tanya Chutkan has imposed sentences ranging from 14 to 45 days on four people who pleaded guilty to unlawful parading and picketing inside the Capitol building on Jan. 6 — a misdemeanor offense.

"unlawful parading and picketing ".

12+16 = 8.

Tell me? You provided an incomplete answer in attempt to portray something that didn't happen.

Yes dear. They're going to call ANYTHING they sentence you with ILLEGAL. Yes, hello, all of it is ILLEGAL or they cannot sentence you with it. HELLO!?!?!

No one says, "He was sentenced for ILLEGAL prostitution" or "ILLEGAL drug running". Dearheart, the illegal is implied, see.

These people were thrown IN JAIL--over the recommendations of the prosecutor even--for "parading".

You were wrong. And you can apologize too for that swipe at my profession.

Yes dear. They're going to call ANYTHING they sentence you with ILLEGAL. Yes, hello, all of it is ILLEGAL or they cannot sentence you with it. HELLO!?!?!

No one says, "He was sentenced for ILLEGAL prostitution" or "ILLEGAL drug running". Dearheart, the illegal is implied, see.

These people were thrown IN JAIL--over the recommendations of the prosecutor even--for "parading".

You were wrong. And you can apologize too for that swipe at my profession.

Thousands of people "parade" through the Capital every day. That is not what they were arrested for.

Forum List

Back