🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Some Reid staffers exempt from Obamacare

nice dance....just like Dean....you cant prove a fucking thing about me that your saying.....which also proves that you are an asshole....a few people tell you im not a hack...and so now its ....You may not be as blatantly partisan.....dont be a pussy RDD stand behind what you said....prove i ...side with your fellow conservatives, right or wrong. .....its funny how i was against them in the Union threads and some of the Health care threads....you are indeed a pussy....

I already did prove it. This thread. I pointed out the example of it and you didn't respond to that. That's not my fault, that's your selective reading comprehension.

I do stand behind what I said, you're a partisan asshole. You're not as bad as some but you're still a partisan asshole and this thread is all the proof needed.

now its not as bad as some.....i just seen you post that i back Conservatives...right or wrong....which is it?....
Yeah, you do back conservatives as your default instinct. Just like in this thread. Ie. You're partisan. Are you the worst offender on this site. No. But you're still partisan and still an asshole.

you dance pretty good....so i take it you are not accepting my challenge?....according to you it should be easy to prove....so are we on?....or do i put some waltzing music on?....
It is easy to prove, just like I pointed out numerous times in this thread. Which you repeatedly skip over each time I mention it. Why is that? You'll ignore this again anyway since you seem to be a pretty damn fine dancer yourself Fred Astaire.

So are you banning yourself now?

By the way, even if I did take you up on your wager, I know better now than to make bets with people on this site. I did that last year and 3/4 of the people I made bets with didn't honor the agreement. So I know the odds are you wouldn't honor a damn thing just like the rest of them. I learned my lesson.

so...anyway, ..... the topic is; reids gving somne of his staff an out, that is they will be getting a subsidy that they may not qualify for, to wit, they get to collect a subsidy despite being outside the poverty line reg.s the ACA has established.....
They get the same insurance subsidy as all government employees get. The law took away their employer sponsored insurance. It did not take away the insurance subsidy.

Wait a minute, if ObamaCare is better and more affordable why would he feel the need to exempt his staff?

Some Reid staffers exempt from Obamacare - CNN.com

They're not exempt from Obamacare. Nice twist.

They're not being forced to buy from the exchanges like others are (incorrectly) being forced to.

But then again, you're too partisan to understand what "exempt" from Obamacare even means.

Continue the hackery.

From the article:

In September, Reid told reporters, "Let's stop these really juvenile political games -- the one dealing with health care for senators and House members and our staff. We are going to be part of exchanges, that's what the law says and we'll be part of that."

Wait a minute, if ObamaCare is better and more affordable why would he feel the need to exempt his staff?

Some Reid staffers exempt from Obamacare - CNN.com

They're not being forced to buy from the exchanges like others are (incorrectly) being forced to.

But then again, you're too partisan to understand what "exempt" from Obamacare even means.

Continue the hackery.

From the article:

In September, Reid told reporters, "Let's stop these really juvenile political games -- the one dealing with health care for senators and House members and our staff. We are going to be part of exchanges, that's what the law says and we'll be part of that."

They're exempt from the exchanges, not Obamacare. Which part of that is confusing you?

I already did prove it. This thread. I pointed out the example of it and you didn't respond to that. That's not my fault, that's your selective reading comprehension.

I do stand behind what I said, you're a partisan asshole. You're not as bad as some but you're still a partisan asshole and this thread is all the proof needed.

now its not as bad as some.....i just seen you post that i back Conservatives...right or wrong....which is it?....
Yeah, you do back conservatives as your default instinct. Just like in this thread. Ie. You're partisan. Are you the worst offender on this site. No. But you're still partisan and still an asshole.

you dance pretty good....so i take it you are not accepting my challenge?....according to you it should be easy to prove....so are we on?....or do i put some waltzing music on?....
It is easy to prove, just like I pointed out numerous times in this thread. Which you repeatedly skip over each time I mention it. Why is that? You'll ignore this again anyway since you seem to be a pretty damn fine dancer yourself Fred Astaire.

By the way, even if I did take you up on your wager, I know better now than to make bets with people on this site. I did that last year and 3/4 of the people I made bets with didn't honor the agreement. So I know the odds are you wouldn't honor a damn thing just like the rest of them. I learned my lesson.
It is easy to prove, just like I pointed out numerous times in this thread.
you did?...numerous times?.....Taz was proved wrong by a bunch of people and i think he realized that Sherlock....now you called the guy a partisan hack.....all i said was something like ...how can you call a guy a hack who as bad mouthed both sides?.....and then you fell apart....why did you start stomping your feet?....because ole Harry the asshole, had the gall and audacity to question the bigger Asshole named RDD....you are the one who made the statements RDD back it up.....prove what you said about me that i back Conservatives right or wrong or go back to doing what you do best......beating your pud.....your similarity to Dean and Rabbi is amazing....they get upset when you question them too....

Last edited:

Continue the hackery.

From the article:

They're exempt from the exchanges, not Obamacare. Which part of that is confusing you?

Oh my they are one in the same. What part of that do you not understand?

Well here's a pretty good explanation of what they did.

$174K-Per-Year Congressmen Will Get Special Obamacare Subsidy | CNS News

Of course everyone knows that neither Congress or the staffers will be out of pocket. We taxpayers will be picking up the tab..

From the article:

The Affordable Care Act (ACA), popularly known as Obamacare, included language mandating that members of Congress and their staff buy their now-mandated health insurance plans through a government exchange.

The laws says: “Notwithstanding any other provision of law, after the effective date of this subtitle, the only health plans that the Federal Government may make available to Members of Congress and congressional staff with respect to their service as a Member of Congress or congressional staff shall be health plans that are—(I) created under this Act (or an amendment made by this Act); or (II) offered through an Exchange established under this Act (or an amendment made by this Act).” (See Section 1312(d) of the law) - See more at: $174K-Per-Year Congressmen Will Get Special Obamacare Subsidy | CNS News

Continue the hackery.

So you don't feel that members of Congress and their staffer should have to live under the same laws they pass on the rest of us?

Which part of the law states YOU must purchase your insurance from the health insurance exchanges?

It doesn't say that. Hence, they aren't exempt from anything.

If however, they didn't have health insurance OR their plan didn't meet the minimum requirements set up by the ACA and at that point they were allowed to keep that plan or weren't forced to buy from the exchanges, then they would be "exempt from Obamacare". But they already have compliant health insurance policies, so why should they have to drop those plans to buy another one from the exchanges?

How is this not sinking in?
What's funny is Republicans who fought against passage proposed this nonsense; now most of the 10,000 plus staff members who are effected by it are Republicans. And what does it accomplish? Nothing, except increasing the governments cost of providing the subsidy.
cuckoo.gif

Last edited:

It is easy to prove, just like I pointed out numerous times in this thread.
you did?...numerous times?.....Taz was proved wrong by a bunch of people and i think he realized that Sherlock....now you called the guy a partisan hack.....all i said was something like ...how can you call a guy a hack who as bad mouthed both sides?.....and then you fell apart....why did you start stomping your feet?....because ole Harry the asshole, had the gall and audacity to question the bigger Asshole named RDD....you are the one who made the statements RDD back it up.....prove what you said about me that i back Conservatives right or wrong or go back to doing what you do best......beating your pud.....your similarity to Dean and Rabbi is amazing....they get upset when you question them too....

LOL, maybe if you repeat the same thing another 10 times it will somehow make what I said go away. Unfortunately it doesn't. You came to this thread to bash me, and not the OP who I pointed out was wrong and a hack for not returning to own up to his mistake.

You defended his hack behavior, making you a hack. Get it yet? Of course you don't, you're a hack.

Of course everyone knows that neither Congress or the staffers will be out of pocket. We taxpayers will be picking up the tab..

From your article

Under the OPM deal arranged in August, the average member of Congress who makes $174,000 a year will be able to keep his approximately $10,000 health insurance subsidy, like he used to get under his old plan, before Obamacare.

So they are keeping the subsidy they already had. They are not getting anything new or additional. This is no different than those in the private sector who also have their health insurance subsidized by their employer.

This is faux outrage at its finest.

From the article:

Oh my they are one in the same. What part of that do you not understand?

Holy fuck you're clueless. They certainly aren't one in the same.

Are you buying your health insurance on the exchange?

I'm not. Does that mean I'm "exempt from Obamacare"?

They get the same subsidy, 70% of the premium however premiums for individual insurance is higher than group insurance, so the government pays more.

Actually the payout is exactly the same. Before the subsidy was paid to the government health insurance plan. Now that those people are being forced off of that plan and on to the exchanges, that subsidy is just being shifted to the exchanges for them to use as they need. So no additional funds are contributed, just shifted from one health plan to another.

They are already covered.

Your attempts at outrage are comical and pathetic.

Republicans aren't even talking about repeal any longer. They know they've been beaten by public opinion, and a president who is just smarter than them.

they are exempt because the current plans do not meet

the standards the prezbo dictated

Link?

Or are you making this up?

Why would you ask for a link when you just stated the opposite? Perhaps YOU should supply a link for your assertion as well.

Forum List

Back