Some truly unfortunate raw stats on police violence

As for Michael Brown, that low-life punk n!gger thug got exactly what he deserved. The only regrettable element in that story is the cop who killed him is out of a job.

Ah, you were doing well up to this point. Even taking the cops testimony at face value, (I don't), his use of force in firing the last six shots was excessive.

Why? The 6'4 300 pound thug had already assaulted him and tried to take his gun once. Why should Wilson have allowed a round 2 attempt????

[...]

But sending 1,000,000 armed citizens out to enforce laws and confront our criminals....will inevitably result is some violent encounters. And some sadly result in death. It's inevitable. The question is....why it is portrayed to be some epidemic or crisis....when statistically it's a very uncommon and rare occurrence.

[...]
Cops are not armed citizens. Cops are armed agents of the State! Very big difference.

The State sends out 1,000,000 armed agents to enforce laws, many of which should not exist. The enforcement of these redundant, counterproductive laws is the root cause of much of the rising anti-cop atmosphere.

No....they are citizens. Random citizens who applied and got hired. "Agents of the state" would have no descretion or ability to tell the state no.

Old England is where police were founded. They hated the red coats policing them. The red coats....Military....we're agents of the state. They, unlike cops, could NOT tell the state "no". They'd be court martialed and jailed.

Same thing if the military took over policing here.

American cops can quit at will. They can tell their state "fuck off...we aren't doing that." They work for the state...yes. But the state cannot force them to take action. They can fire them. But the state still needs cops who are willing to enforce laws. They can't be court martialed. Just fired.

It's the model the old time Brits wanted. And Americans kept. So....they actually are "Citizens On Patrol". Not military on patrol...who cannot say no and can be jailed for refusing the states orders.

"American cops can quit at will." b9 #123
Yes.
But.
A person that takes the job of White House Chief of Staff could almost certainly make more money in the private sector.
To serve the public at that level is a sacrifice.

Donald Trump is a $Billionaire!
If he settles for "government housing" (the White House), he's gunna take a $pay $cut.

BUT !!

At the patrolman level:
being employed by a government is almost certainly higher paying than comparable work in the private sector.

When private sector security guards want a step up, they get an entry level position at Mc'D's.

ABSOLUTELY !! COPs can quit.

But it's not just a career ender. It's basically a life ender for most, unless they have some other more marketable talent. But if they did, why would they have been a COP?

"American cops can quit at will." b9 #123
Yes.
But.
A person that takes the job of White House Chief of Staff could almost certainly make more money in the private sector.
To serve the public at that level is a sacrifice.

Donald Trump is a $Billionaire!
If he settles for "government housing" (the White House), he's gunna take a $pay $cut.

BUT !!

At the patrolman level:
being employed by a government is almost certainly higher paying than comparable work in the private sector.

When private sector security guards want a step up, they get an entry level position at Mc'D's.

ABSOLUTELY !! COPs can quit.

But it's not just a career ender. It's basically a life ender for most, unless they have some other more marketable talent. But if they did, why would they have been a COP?

Ha. You'd be surprised how talented many cops are. They come from all walks of life. Many have high education levels. Many came from successful private sector careers. Former teachers. Doctors. Military. I had a former biochemical engineer on my squad who worked oil gigs in Texas making 6 figures. And he gave it all up...to be a cop. That was 1997 though. Different time.

When their choice is becoming risk jail, death or find a new career...they'll lazy it up til they find something else.

Why? The 6'4 300 pound thug had already assaulted him and tried to take his gun once. Why should Wilson have allowed a round 2 attempt????

Oh, noes, it's a big scary black kid. Yeah, it's not like he didn't have a taser or a billy club or training.

He didn't have a taser.
Cops no longer carry Billy clubs. And the baton? Not much use if the thug TAKES HIS GUN.

Training? He had training. And trainers say....if they go the gun...it's a DEADLY force situation. Period.

You are pathetic. You have no clue about police tactics. Obviously.

Oh, noes, it's a big scary black kid. Yeah, it's not like he didn't have a taser or a billy club or training.

If you had a gun....and a huge male was trying to assault you and take it....how many chances would you give him??

He didn't have a taser.
Cops no longer carry Billy clubs. And the baton? Not much use if the thug TAKES HIS GUN.

Training? He had training. And trainers say....if they go the gun...it's a DEADLY force situation. Period.

I have enough of a clue to realize you don't shoot unarmed kids for jaywalking.
If you had a gun....and a huge male was trying to assault you and take it....how many chances would you give him??

OH NOES A SCARY BLACK MAN!!!!!

[

No the criminal who attacked him did. He has been cleared, stop making shit up.

Ifhe was "cleared", then they should give him his gun and badge back, and put him back out on the street, then?

Oh. Wait. They aren't going to do that. No other police department is going to ever hire him, either.

Yes his life ruined by a criminal. How stupid. Sad you defend the criminal.

you avoided the point. If he was such a good cop, why aren't other police departments rushing out to hire him?

Right?

Could it be because he's a trigger happy racist who is going to cost them millions of dollars in damages...

He isn't hired because too many people like you have this impression he is a trigger happy racistS. He was cleared several times over so your claim is obviously false.

He didn't have a taser.

The officer was cleared. Even obama looked into it. Stop lying.

He didn't have a taser.

Gentle Giant did not get "shot for jay walking ".

He got stopped for it...and for matching the description of a robber (who ended up.being him).

He got SHOT FOR assaulting the cop...going for his gun....then trying to come back for round two.

And your only response is basically "that's racist". You libs are brainwashed well.

He isn't hired because too many people like you have this impression he is a trigger happy racistS. He was cleared several times over so your claim is obviously false.

Well, that would be an argument if you really think every HR Department in every town, city and county in the US is filled with people like me.

The fact is, while the law allows police too much discretion on when they can shoot a suspect, no on wants the legal liability of some guy who shoots when he sees a scary black man.

He got stopped for it...and for matching the description of a robber (who ended up.being him).

He got SHOT FOR assaulting the cop...going for his gun....then trying to come back for round two.

And your only response is basically "that's racist". You libs are brainwashed well.

Somehow they were able to apprehend Dylann Roof without shooting him. But they couldn't arrest Brown fro Grand Theft Cigar without turning downtown Ferguson into a shooting gallery.

Well, that would be an argument if you really think every HR Department in every town, city and county in the US is filled with people like me.

The fact is, while the law allows police too much discretion on when they can shoot a suspect, no on wants the legal liability of some guy who shoots when he sees a scary black man.

He was attacked and has been cleared. You have no grounds for your claims. You lose.

Somehow they were able to apprehend Dylann Roof without shooting him. But they couldn't arrest Brown fro Grand Theft Cigar without turning downtown Ferguson into a shooting gallery.

Yep. Because although he's a worthless soulless piece of white trash......Dylann Roof SURRENDERED once the cops stopped him.

You liberals have such a fucking hard time understanding that. If you DON'T FIGHT the cops....there's about a 0.00000000001 chance you get shot.

So....what descretion to cops have to shoot someone...that they shouldnt?

SCOTUS Graham vs Connor. A cop can use lethal force to protect his life or another's from death or great bodily injury (amputation, deformity, etc).

So....what descretion do they have....that you'd take away?

Yep. Because although he's a worthless soulless piece of white trash......Dylann Roof SURRENDERED once the cops stopped him.

You liberals have such a fucking hard time understanding that. If you DON'T FIGHT the cops....there's about a 0.00000000001 chance you get shot.

Frankly, the only difference I can see between you and Roof is that he has the balls to act on his racism.

So....what descretion to cops have to shoot someone...that they shouldnt?

SCOTUS Graham vs Connor. A cop can use lethal force to protect his life or another's from death or great bodily injury (amputation, deformity, etc).

So....what descretion do they have....that you'd take away?

Unarmed kid, 100 feet away, hands up trying to surrender, already wounded.

No justification.

You do get this guy was effectively fired, right?

"Ha. You'd be surprised how talented many cops are. " b9
I would.

I was born in 1954.
When I was a teen, COPs were stupid, and substantially uneducated, perhaps a high school diploma.

But 40 years later, they're a more professional crew. There are still townies that only have high school.

But the New York State Police I've dealt with, and even the DCO (dog catcher) seems to me to be a more professional force.
"They come from all walks of life. Many have high education levels." b9
I know. I was OTJ for years in the 1970's. When I learned what a cesspool it is, I got out.
"Many came from successful private sector careers. Former teachers. Doctors. Military. I had a former biochemical engineer on my squad who worked oil gigs in Texas making 6 figures. And he gave it all up...to be a cop." b9
I suspect most COPs w/ advanced degrees are either commanders, meaning not involved in routine patrol. If they're involved in incident response, it's as a commander, not the guy that strings the yellow tape.

Good police commanders are in short supply.

A few decades ago when JonBenét Ramsey was murdered, in a televised press conference the lead investigator said:
- We're narrowing down the suspects. And one by one we'll reduce the list of suspects until we know it's YOU. Then we will come and get you. -

The homicide was never solved. So the bloke was just blowin' smoke.

To my knowledge, a good COP NEVER bluffs. That dude was bluffing. We need good police commanders. And if they were more common, and someone mentioned Ferguson, MO
many people would say: "Ferguson, Missouri? Never heard of it."

Forum List

Back