Never took a Selfie
Use an IPhone 6
Never used Uber or Lyft
I don’t keep up with the Kardashians
Don’t have any Tattoos
I don’t have an Alexa
Never had an artificial Christmas Tree

I've never had a Facebook or Twitter either
But being a genxr from the 70s we had Merlin's and atari at home and radio shack tandy cpus in school so it's not like I'm a complete dinosaur

I'll never get an Alexa or google nest ...they're putting that shit in headphones ...

I snapped my bose noise cancelling by accident and was looking for a new pair....half of them are now jacked in and listening to you

Yeah, you know it's gotten creepy when "anti-social" means deliberately limiting corporate access to your personal habits and conversations.
"Wait, Alexa might hear us! Let's go over there."
"But isn't she hiding in your wrist device and Firestick as well?"

Yeah, you know it's gotten creepy when "anti-social" means deliberately limiting corporate access to your personal habits and conversations.
"Wait, Alexa might hear us! Let's go over there."
"But isn't she hiding in your wrist device and Firestick as well?"

They used to have to get a warrant to tap your phone ....now we pay asshole corps to spy on us......

Plastic tree since '80s. Alexa only because free gift and great cooking timer. Otherwise, same.

schaefer.jpg
Wait. No iPhone. No cell phone. Had a cell phone for a while. Tossed it 'cause never used it. LOL

Damn......even I went for an IPhone
It is seven years old, but I still have one

I got an iphone a few months ago because a friend gave it to me. Before that I had a Huawei Express, a blackberry-looking thing that was released in 2011. I've had those 2 and a flip phone I used for a few weeks, and that's the extent of my cell phone usage. I'm not just getting old, I'm anti-social. :)
My wife still uses a flip phone
Wants nothing to do with a smart phone

I’ve never had a Facebook Page
Never Twittered
Never took a Selfie
Use an IPhone 6
Never used Uber or Lyft
Don’t have any Tattoos
I don’t have an Alexa

But being a genxr from the 70s we had Merlin's and atari at home and radio shack tandy cpus in school so it's not like I'm a complete dinosaur

I'll never get an Alexa or google nest ...they're putting that shit in headphones ...

I snapped my bose noise cancelling by accident and was looking for a new pair....half of them are now jacked in and listening to you
Do you miss the floppy disks?

When I started college, I used a slide rule, eventually paid $250 for a calculator

For computers we had to use punch cards

Never Twittered
Never took a Selfie
Use an IPhone 6
Never used Uber or Lyft
Don’t have any Tattoos
I don’t have an Alexa

When I started college, I used a slide rule, eventually paid $250 for a calculator

I remember going down to the computer next to the airfield on the Presidio of San Francisco to actually prepare punch cards for the information my office had gathered. It wasn't that hard to do with the right keyboard.

And, I still have some floppy discs stashed away from my Apple II clone PCs.

Never Twittered
Never took a Selfie
Use an IPhone 6
Never used Uber or Lyft
Don’t have any Tattoos
I don’t have an Alexa

I remember going down to the computer next to the airfield on the Presidio of San Francisco to actually prepare punch cards for the information my office had gathered. It wasn't that hard to do with the right keyboard.

And, I still have some floppy discs stashed away from my Apple II clone PCs.
I used to hate the punch cards. Drop your deck off at the computer processor and wait 30-40 minutes for your print out. Then find you had made a simple error......Rinse/Repeat

Never Twittered Guilty
Never took a Selfie Guilty
Use an IPhone 6 ? I have an android. Does that count?
Never used Uber or Lyft
Don’t have any Tattoos
I don’t have an Alexa

Never Twittered Guilty
Never used Uber or Lyft
Don’t have any Tattoos
I don’t have an Alexa
You have tattoos?

Never Twittered Guilty
Never used Uber or Lyft
Don’t have any Tattoos
I don’t have an Alexa
You have tattoos?
No. I don't have alexa, watch the kardashians or had a fake tree or used uber or lyft. So...3 out of your list, I HAVE done/had/have.

Have to admit it

I still do my taxes on paper 1040s

I'm more in the 80's with a few exceptions. I don't carry a cell phone and as a matter of fact my wife has to give me a quick lesson when I have to use her's for some reason. I didn't even know what a "selfie" was until recently. The kids thought we were in the stone age and gave us "Alexa" and it's great. As a matter of fact it's the only female who obeys my commands without complaint. She can calculate metric to U.S. measurements in an instant, tell what the hell a fluid ounce equals and will play just about any song you can think of from country to rock and roll .

I'm more in the 80's with a few exceptions. I don't carry a cell phone and as a matter of fact my wife has to give me a quick lesson when I have to use her's for some reason. I didn't even know what a "selfie" was until recently. The kids thought we were in the stone age and gave us "Alexa" and it's great. As a matter of fact it's the only female who obeys my commands without complaint. She can calculate metric to U.S. measurements in an instant, tell what the hell a fluid ounce equals and will play just about any song you can think of from country to rock and roll .
I have yet to see the charm of Alexa

I have yet to see the charm of Alexa
my sister has her, (only google's version) and when i spent 3 weeks in florida at her house.... she kinda wins you over with her charm... yes, she's charming sometimes.... like after she has answered your gazillion questions, if you thank her.... she says in a sweet way, 'Oh, you're welcome'...

I don't have one here, nor do I want one.... I'm not really living in the woods of Maine for it's great technology and all the things in 'the fast lane'.... I'm here to smell the roses....and see the 'wild things' in nature....

But I will say, I could get used to her... and the convenience of not having to run to your computer anytime you need to look something up... you ask her, and she'll just spit it all out for ya....!

Never Twittered
Never took a Selfie
Use an IPhone 6
Never used Uber or Lyft
Don’t have any Tattoos
I don’t have an Alexa
What is going on? I never did any of those things either, except we had an artificial tree made of ceramic and lights, and we put it on top of the Wurlitzer, where it still sits, unlit.

Never Twittered
Never took a Selfie
Use an IPhone 6
Never used Uber or Lyft
Don’t have any Tattoos
I don’t have an Alexa

Well, I am stuck in the 1950s, when nobody ever talked or worried about crime.

Forum List

Back